Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

anyone here not reload?

nxfedlt1

My time is extremely limited, and I was wondering if anybody here just runs Atlanta or Georgia Arms 38sc ? I'm set up for .45 now, but between everything else, I just dont have time and dont want to invest in converting press, bullet feeder and case feeder if people are having success with boxed ammo.

thanks!

Hello: I used to buy 9mm but I can reload it for less. It does not take that much time to reload. If you load 50 rounds a night on a Dillon Square Deal B it should take only a half hour at most. Do that for 3 days a week, that's 150 rounds or an hour and a half. Now if you buy the ammo if you can actually get it when you need it that is another story. Start collecting brass and start reloading :cheers: Thanks, Eric

I usually use the excuse that I don't have the money or room for a press. But, the real truth is between dry fire practice, live fire practice, a couple matches per month on the weekends and reading the Enos site daily, my wife would be very unhappy if I spent an additional 30 minutes to 1 hour a day on this sport.

Edited by rangertrace

I usually use the excuse that I don't have the money or room for a press. But, the real truth is between dry fire practice, live fire practice, a couple matches per month on the weekends and reading the Enos site daily, my wife would be very unhappy if I spent an additional 30 minutes to 1 hour a day on this sport.

Man up! You just look her dead in the eyes...........................get your best Warrior face..............and say..................please "Sweetie-pie" may I have a 1050!? (tears help too) :roflol:

My time is extremely limited, and I was wondering if anybody here just runs Atlanta or Georgia Arms 38sc ? I'm set up for .45 now, but between everything else, I just dont have time and dont want to invest in converting press, bullet feeder and case feeder if people are having success with boxed ammo.

thanks!

I load all of the 38supercomp that my wife and I shoot for pistol but for rifle I buy AAA .223. I do not have the time right now to take on another caliber to load so I understand your situation. I am very happy with the quality coming out of AAA and would purchase 38sc through them without reservation. Our situations are all unique so do what works for you.

Edited by larry cazes

I don't reload for may carry gun, but I do use reloads for practice, and cardboard for bad guys.

38SC, if you are not loading your own you don't know that what you are shooting is the best load for you and your gun. I have tried 6 different powders for my 38SC. It shoots flat soft and loud.

thanks!

I load all of the 38supercomp that my wife and I shoot for pistol but for rifle I buy AAA .223. I do not have the time right now to take on another caliber to load so I understand your situation. I am very happy with the quality coming out of AAA and would purchase 38sc through them without reservation. Our situations are all unique so do what works for you.

Yea, that's my predicament. I believe my time value is going to out weigh the savings here. I may be eating my words, but I don't have that extra hour to spend right now. Thanks for the ammo review though.

I usually reload late at night when the wife and daughter is asleep. I make sure the house is in order, then go downstairs and turn the radio on, get motivated, do a little bit of dry fire in my garage and start to reload for the match the next day.

It's not taking away any time I need to dedicate to my family. But it does put you in the "do you really REALLY want to do this" type of thing, and the answer lately has still been "HELL YEAH".

"Measure you success and triumphs by what you had to sacrifice to get there."

Edited by Aristotle

thanks!

Yea, that's my predicament. I believe my time value is going to out weigh the savings here. I may be eating my words, but I don't have that extra hour to spend right now. Thanks for the ammo review though.

Like Boz stated, a 1050 loads in the neighborhood of 1000 per hour. Two hours a month, which is not much, and that is 24,000 per year. Minimal time and you have a tailors load at a considerable savings.

It is not like it is an hour a day, or week for that matter

Just tell her she can spend all the money you're saving on shoes or somethin'. ;)

Edited by Revopop

Just tell her she can spend all the money you're saving on shoes or somethin'. ;)

Yup, you will have time to reload while she is at the mall...

I was thinking that the time it takes me to reload was not worth it, until I checked the price of the AAA ammo. I shoot just over 10K rounds a year. I decided that for the cost of the factory stuff I would get a 1050, P/W auto drive, Mr. Bullet feeder, and a bunch of primer tubes. I can load 1200 rounds per hour without much trouble. In about 10 hours I can have a years worth of ammo loaded. Then another 2-3 hours for the calibers I just fiddle around with here and there. I have those hours set aside for my up comming Christmas Vacation( 4 days of getting up early while everyone else sleeps in). I'll clean and cover the 1050 and wait until next year for the next go around. I am liking this plan much better than loading the night before a match, or even the morning of the match.

My time is extremely limited.....................

Reloading is not something you want to rush through to git-er-done fast....... as in mowing the yard before pending rain storm.

Learning curve takes significant time, along with collecting brass (hows your back?), cleaning, and sorting.

Just getting primers these days takes real effort and/or wait.

All reloading activities, when combined, consume a lot of time.

BB

i ran AAA for a few months. good stuff with great service. stuff ran great until they shipped a few boxes of 38 super mixed with the 38sc labeled as 38sc. i had those 2-3 boxes mixed up with everything in no time. it took forever to figure out what was going on. i still wouldn't think twice about using them. i just double check every box.

Sure I reload, have for over thirty years. Shotgun, Rifle and Pistol.

Several reasons

1. Could not afford the volume I shoot other wise

2. Some of the ammo I shoot ya can't buy

3. What I can buy doesn't compare with what I load

4. I enjoy the time I get to myself in the "man cave", the dog oversee's all loading.

5. If I wasn't loading I would be wasting time watching the tube. After the sun goes down It's a little tuff working outside.

6. I try to load the majority of what I will shoot during the year in the really bad weather months. Feb and Mar are the best, all the hunting is over and I would prolly go stir crazy sitting in the house every night.

Hello: As I posted above you can't have 30 minutes to reload a day? You could call it going to the gym or healthclub. I would get a Dillon Square Deal B and all the other stuff for under $500 and start reloading. It is better than watching TV or cruising the internet. I still say reload :cheers: Thanks, Eric

I can reload 1000 rounds in the time it takes to go to walmart and buy from them.

I can afford to run factory cartridges if I want to, and I did when I started out. When I started shooting I had off the rack guns and factory ammo seemed okay. Then I made the "mistake" of buying a used 7mm-08 target rifle that had a big fat stainless steel hart barrel because it was sooooo cheap, 400 with fiberglass stock, hardly used. I was told I would have to reload for it as it had a target chamber, i.e. neck turn etc.... Off to Dillon for my first 650, cases, etc.... plus sierra match kings. It was a project making this match ammo and I still needed a scope. Leupold 6.5x20 should do it. I shot 1 hole groups at 100yds. for the first time in my life. I was shooting groups that looked like one bullet went through only but I shot 3 round groups. I was hooked on accuracy from that time forward. No more shooting pie plate groups and calling it good. If it didn't shoot off to the gunsmith or sold.

Mistake #2 shooting a local practical pistolI match. I was hooked. I went thru several different off the shelf guns before I finally got an STI. To get the loads I need I have to reload. Since I reload I can test so many variables in my gun. Steel - I need light loads. USPSA I need major loads but which load feels the best and makes my gun shoot as flat as possible? Gotta work up some loads and see. Reloading is a must if you want your gun to perform at its best, and saving money reloading is a bonus.

Plus some of my buddies bring the beer over to use my reloader :cheers:

Plus I bought so many of the components cheaply when crossroads was at the state fairgrounds that I didn't have to scour the stores for ammo. I was already loaded up :D

Edited by amaziah

thanks!

What are you currently reloading the 45 ACP on ?

And how much 38sc are you planning on shooting ?