Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steven Seagal: Lawman

I've got it scheduled to record on my DVR. I reserve judgment until I've seen whether it has any entertainment value at all, or just makes me hate him.

The commercials look interesting, but, Hell......they're commercials. They're supposed to be interesting even if the show is dung.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup he runs like a girl.. but he can fight.. so he obviously hasn't ran much especially lately :)

his last few movies with the voice chopping around just pissed me off. I watched one muted during the speaking... same theme 200 times over! and still now that he's old and not well aged at that. and over weight has a drop dead gorgeous girl waiting on him everywhere he goes in the movies.

his early movies with the aikido are awesome. later movies got a little silly looking.

hopefully this series goes more back to the roots. with less goofy camera play and strange voices.

I was listening to Mark & Brian (KLOS) on my way into work today and the subject of this show was brought up. They said that they had not heard about it and they played the soundtrack from a promo video. Brian said that the show sounds like it could be a hit but he hoped that they didn't have Steven run because, well, you know :roflol:

Later,

Chuck

Edited by ChuckS

Well say Seagal bought this gun, I mean like a something big, and he also needed a couple of holsters, I'm just saying, and well say we were sitting around Shooters Connection with nothing else to do, I'm just saying, well the rest you will see on TV, but this series should be good, I'd say it's a Perfect 10. :ph34r:

I just happened to stop by STI the day Dave Cupp was polishing the slide. It looked pretty darn bright.

I was listening to Mark & Brian (KLOS) on my way into work today and the subject of this show was brought up. They said that they had not heard about it and they played the soundtrack from a promo video. Brian said that the show sounds like it could be a hit but he hoped that they didn't have Steven run because, well, you know :roflol:

Later,

Chuck

It's what I've been saying all along. Not that I even like to, but it's true It's probably why he IS a badass. Too many guys talked trash to him as a kid, and he got tough that way. :goof:

Sorry guys but I just watched 10 minutes of the premiere and it didn't do a thing for me. Basically "cops" type reality show with a has been actor who really showed some lousy,unsafe, gun handling.

Yeah, his ID under his name says "RESERVE DEPUTY CHIEF" :rolleyes:

I caught the range sessions with the struggling deputy, where the "Master Shooter" Seagal is helping him with his expertise and Zen-like approach.

Sort of a squinty, hunched up, canted, semi-weaver.

It just made me itchy watching it. :sick:

Yeah, his ID under his name says "RESERVE DEPUTY CHIEF" :rolleyes:

I caught the range sessions with the struggling deputy, where the "Master Shooter" Seagal is helping him with his expertise and Zen-like approach.

Sort of a squinty, hunched up, canted, semi-weaver.

It just made me itchy watching it. :sick:

I hear ya. :roflol: everything was a tie to martial arts.

I missed his explanation of how he got hooked up with them.

DP good to see ya around

Edited by AWLAZS

"I just happened to stop by STI the day Dave Cupp was polishing the slide. It looked pretty darn bright."

Yea, all cops want to carry a bright, shiny gun. Does it have "home boy night sights" too?

And he probably wears the vest on the outside so we see that he's a "real" cop. That and to keep his nipples from getting sore when he runs like a girl.

"I just happened to stop by STI the day Dave Cupp was polishing the slide. It looked pretty darn bright."

Yea, all cops want to carry a bright, shiny gun. Does it have "home boy night sights" too?

And he probably wears the vest on the outside so we see that he's a "real" cop. That and to keep his nipples from getting sore when he runs like a girl.

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/crimina...n_seagal/3.html

couple things...

chuck norris = legit badass

old school, blood and guts karate fighter. nowadays, he trains jujits with the machado's and im told he is one tough hombre.

steven seagal, not so much.

lied about being in the CIA, the mob... and basically made up most of his life story.

chickened out of a fight with pretty boy jean claude van damm at a party at sylvesater stallone's house in 97, was choked unconcious by judo gene lebell on the set of some movie in 99. 'i am impervious to chokes' ... LOL

this guy is a self promoting, pathological liar.

and he runs like a girl!

BTW, aikido looks like fun, but it does not work for self defense. there, I said it.

OK, I got suckered in and DVRed the first and second episode. Watched the first one - deleted the second.

Don't know if you noticed, but his protegee swept himself holstering his weapon while qualifying.

I am now going to try to push my firing pin to my little paper targets tonight while dry-firing.

Seriously - the dude probably knows a good bit about state of mind and "zen". Even a broke clock is right twice a day. He has put himself out there well after his prime - which makes him an easy target - for criticism.

I was amused enough to watch the first two episodes, but don't know if I'll be back for more.....

I don't know how good a shooter he is --- and would have used different phrasing/instruction for sure. That said, it's obvious to me that he knows at least a little, and has at least some ability to teach....

I'd need a lot more time to determine that he has nothing to offer....