Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

inglorious bastards

oddjob

If you like good ol' T (Tarantino) then you'll love this movie. Definately gots his style all over it.

Freakin' awesome. Bradd Pitt's character makes the whole movie for me. Absolutely hilarious.

--Lanzo

Freakin' awesome. Bradd Pitt's character makes the whole movie for me. Absolutely hilarious.

Yeah Brad was on fire.

Many scenes were just a crazy pressure cooker, with you waiting for something crazy to happen, or not happen. The movie kept me guessing.

Yeah Brad was on fire.

Many scenes were just a crazy pressure cooker, with you waiting for something crazy to happen, or not happen. The movie kept me guessing.

Just got back from seeing it. Glad I saw it, good entertainment but won't win any awards. Pitt's character,especially

when trying to speak Italian, kept everyone laughing.

Best movie i have seen in a while (and we go every weekend). Brad Pit was great, and as was said previously, classic Tarantino throughout. My wife also turned her head from time to time, I only knew this because I did too. Not for the feighnt of heart.

I agree with you all on this one, Brad Pitt was outstanding. It was a little slower than I expected but it all came together nicely. I am a bit of an American History buff, so I was alittle confused historicly speeking that is. I have to keep telling myself it's only a movie. :cheers:

I agree with you all on this one, Brad Pitt was outstanding. It was a little slower than I expected but it all came together nicely. I am a bit of an American History buff, so I was alittle confused historicly speeking that is. I have to keep telling myself it's only a movie. :cheers:

I hear an interview with Tarantino last week. When asked about history, he admitted that this was all his imagination.

Later,

Chuck

Its not going to win awards but it will make you laugh aswell as make you say ooh crap, good bad guys and even worse good guys. If your one of those who must fathom the universal truths and theme it will provide hours of thought provication.

The wife picked it she liked it and it is worth a watch maybe even two or three, but its not a classic like pulp fiction.

If you're a Tarantino fan, you'll probably love it. If you're not, your opinion will probably be similar to mine: every tired Taratino trick or cliche is regurgitated in this one, down to reusing some of the same music he's used in other films. He's using a formula anymore, and since it's been used before, I find it tired and boring now. I didn't hate it, but I wouldn't necessarily go so far as to say I liked it. I wouldn't see it again, but I don't feel I totally wasted the time to see it once.

If you watch all his movies there are ties to all of them. I find that interesting. Ever notice how many of his movies Harvey Keitel is in? A lot.

Ever notice that most of his movies have a guy or guys in a black suit of some sort? The music is similar. The style is similar. Lots of interesting dialogue. I love that stuff!

• 2 weeks later...

Spoiler alert!

Hitler dying at the end really stuck in my craw. Up until that point, it was a fictional story that was plausible. Then it became totally implausible. Now I like to see Hitler get his face shot off as much as the next guy, probably moreso, but it's just as satisfying to see a bunch of regular Nazis get brutally murdered and burned. Like the end of "The Dirty Dozen". It was just as satisfying to see a bunch of unnamed Nazi higher-ups futilely attempt to escape their imminent doom.

All in all though, except for that one thing I really enjoyed the movie. Actually made we want to see "The Dirty Dozen" again.

Edited by 3quartertime

SPOILER ALERT

Ironically, it made me think about The Dirty Dozen, only in that I didn't get to see enough of the Basterds on screen.. Too much babbling conversational scenes for me. But QT is a lover of "The Scene", and this is expected.

Edited by 3quartertime

You might want to just use "spoiler" tags, so you don't spoil anything for folks that haven't seen the movie... They can't read the rest of the thread with your note in open text right there.... ;) Like below.... (hint, select the black section with your mouse, and you can read the text)

Hitler dying at the end really stuck in my craw.