Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Swearing In

B.J. Norris

August 3rd 2009 will always be a day I remember. Not only is it the 5 year anniversary of when my wife and I started dating, it is the day I took an oath to defend the country from all enemies, foreign and domestic as a member of the United States Army as 11X, option 04 (not AMU). There are a lot of factors in my decision to serve, most of them stemming from the fact that we are able to live in a country after less than 250 years of being where our rights to speak out, defend ourselves and a have fair trial by the justice system are recognized, has the most advanced technology, and the best overall living conditions of the world, and to keep it that way, it must be defended. The only downside is that I won’t have a lot of time to compete over the next few years, but I am confident that it will be well worth the time off of the shooting circuit. I ship out to OSUT on 10/28/09 at Ft. Benning as an 11X, and I will begin Airborne training on 3/1/10, also planning on putting in for RIP as soon as I can.

I also want to again thank of all my sponsors for their incredible support over the past several years in my shooting career, and their support in this decision.

Smith & Wesson

Tony Cruz/XTC

Aimpoint

Tactical Solutions

Montana Gold Bullets

Starline Brass

Safariland

Techwear USA

GT Targets

Rudy Project USA

Grams Engineering

Speed Shooting Specialties

Wish me luck!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

August 3rd 2009 will always be a day I remember. Not only is it the 5 year anniversary of when my wife and I started dating, it is the day I took an oath to defend the country from all enemies, foreign and domestic as a member of the United States Army as 11X, option 04 (not AMU). There are a lot of factors in my decision to serve, most of them stemming from the fact that we are able to live in a country after less than 250 years of being where our rights to speak out, defend ourselves and a have fair trial by the justice system are recognized, has the most advanced technology, and the best overall living conditions of the world, and to keep it that way, it must be defended. The only downside is that I won’t have a lot of time to compete over the next few years, but I am confident that it will be well worth the time off of the shooting circuit. I ship out to OSUT on 10/28/09 at Ft. Benning as an 11X, and I will begin Airborne training on 3/1/10, also planning on putting in for RIP as soon as I can.

I also want to again thank of all my sponsors for their incredible support over the past several years in my shooting career, and their support in this decision.

Smith & Wesson

Tony Cruz/XTC

Aimpoint

Tactical Solutions

Montana Gold Bullets

Starline Brass

Safariland

Techwear USA

GT Targets

Rudy Project USA

Grams Engineering

Speed Shooting Specialties

Wish me luck!!

Good luck and stay safe!

B.J. - If you want some questions answered about RIP vs. tabbing out Ranger feel free to PM or e-mail. I was the medic at Regiment for a bit and between that and my time at the greatest Division/military unit in the history of the universe (82nd Airborne Division, a.k.a. America's Strategic Response Force/The World's ONLY All Airborne Division) I can make some suggestions based upon your career goals.

Rich

My hat is off to you young man. If the Ranger Regiment is what you want keep pushing for it. Just remember that old saying" be careful what you ask for you may get it".

Good Luck and Godspeed,

Steve Griffin

B 2/75

B 3/75

4th RTB

1st Cav LRSU

B.J, As a 20 yr vet of the Army, I congratulate and thank you for your service.

As a member of East Alabama Gun Club, Please contact us when you can, and have some free time. We have numerous military members and members that are retired from Ft. Benning, and we all have contacts that can help you get were you want to.

If you decide you want to ship your gear here, we can set you up with safe and available storage, or if you just want to play some weekend, we can line you up with all the gear and ammo you can stand.

Feel free to contact me, or Lanzo, or Ironequilizer or Kgunz11 or Algator. Pm and I will pass phone numbers, etc.

Since you have been here for FB3G, for reference we are 10 minutes down the road from where Max used to live in Alabama, about 25 minutes from post.

Again - Thank you.

Unlike Mark R, I can set you up with open equipment.

Mark K.

It's a solemn feeling taking the oath, thank you for your service.

I was a recruiter for four years, I got chills every time I witnessed the swearing in (to many to count, most of the time it wasn't my recruit).

There isn't much that I enjoy more than witnessing someone enlist/re-enlist. How often have you witnessed someone swear to God that they will die to protect you? I don't think it should be mandatory, but it should be a requirement for public office.

I have 17 years of service, I will re-enlist in 4.

BJ, thank you for joining what is not a job or a career but a way of life. I'm not talking about the Army but about airborne, the mentality is a thing of its own because no one else will be asked to enter combat in a possibly surrounded position and fight their way out.

The Army can be hard on families with the current deployment cycles but they do take care of their own.

God Speed.

Holy cow, B.J. :surprise:

I'm impressed.

You rock! :cheers:

I don't know that the grunts going through Army basic get to even touch an M9, but, man-oh-man, if you do get some structured range time with a pistola during boot, I would love to see the instructor's faces..... :roflol:

I don't know that the grunts going through Army basic get to even touch an M9, but, man-oh-man, if you do get some structured range time with a pistola during boot, I would love to see the instructor's faces.....

Especially of BJ gets the boot camp "some of you may think you know how to shoot" lecture :)