Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who has primers and when

tomfturner

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't doubt your e-mail, but this is what I got @ checkout.... I even added it all up and it came up w/ an extra $22.50. I'll forward this on to Graf's as well and see if they can explain it. Thanks for looking into it for me!

Graf___Sons.pdf

It looks like they charged your account for primers they don't have in stock, and probably don't know when they will arrive. :surprise: Wow!

I ordered 5,000 Wolf LP from Powder Valley and they were going to ship with some Solo 1000. Then they received an order of WSPM, they held my order an extra day and only charged me one HazMat fee.

Also, they did NOT charge my card until my order was ready to ship. That's the way business "should" be run. As far as I'm concerned, Powder Vally will always be my primer and powder supplier.

A.T.

They are charging you a Hazmat for what they can ship now and another one for what they ship later. OR... you can ask them to ship it all at once.

That makes more sense, but SOP in all other cases of BO's and separate shipments that I've dealt w/ on internet sales is consolidating upon initial order w/ the option to have separate shipments for an additional cost, not the other way around.... Learned something new today.... Thanks for the input

Mike

I don't doubt your e-mail, but this is what I got @ checkout.... I even added it all up and it came up w/ an extra $22.50. I'll forward this on to Graf's as well and see if they can explain it. Thanks for looking into it for me!

Graf___Sons.pdf

It looks like they charged your account for primers they don't have in stock, and probably don't know when they will arrive. :surprise: Wow!

I ordered 5,000 Wolf LP from Powder Valley and they were going to ship with some Solo 1000. Then they received an order of WSPM, they held my order an extra day and only charged me one HazMat fee.

Also, they did NOT charge my card until my order was ready to ship. That's the way business "should" be run. As far as I'm concerned, Powder Vally will always be my primer and powder supplier.

A.T.

Well, they didn't get the chance to charge my account 'cause of the red ass that I got when I saw the the extra hazmat fee.... Never ventured past the shopping cart when I saw it. What kgunz said makes perfect sense, but I don't agree w/ their business practice f/ a milisec. I'll continue giving PV my business as well. I think I'm like most folks on here in that I won't order from a vendor if I can't get in line for BO. I don't mind waiting as it's one of the unfortunate dogmas of the law of supply and demand... It just gives me something to look forward to somewhere along down the line. ;)

I placed a backorder for Federal primers a few weeks ago with Graf & Sons. The talk about being charged for two Hazmat fees and the credit card being charged prior to the primers being available for shipping got me concerned. I checked the invoice I was sent by Graf & Sons and only one Hazmat fee was listed. I checked my credit card charges and there are none so far from Graf & Sons.

So far it appears that they are handling the backorder as I would expect them to. All I ordered were primers, no powder, with the expectation that the primers would be sent in one shipment. I think I'll give them a call to make sure the primers are sent out in one shipment.

I've been very pleased in my past dealings with Graf & Sons.

Rick

I think if you would have taken the time to call them you could have worked everything out to your satisfaction. They are very accomodating and I have found them very easy to work with.

I understand your POV, but getting burned one time is one time too many and it has made me extremely cautious and even jaded in first time dealings w/ online vendors. Knee jerk reaction on my part?.... Good chance of it, but communication is a two-way street and all that needed to be done on the vendor's part was to explain in more detail @ the shopping cart that they did not plan to consolidate all items into one shipment. Now, maybe I should have figured this out on my own, but it took someone else to explain it to me for it to make sense, and I don't think that I'm a complete idiot....biased opinion, of course. Again, I am accustomed to initially being informed that my order will be consolidated in one shipment, and then given the option to split the shipment up if I choose to do so. I appologize for stirring up a hornets' nest w/ everyone else who has a pending order, but based on my interpretation of what I saw in the shopping cart, I had a good reason to speak up. In the end, no harm was done. And based on others' dealing w/ Graf's, no ill intentions were presented.... just call it another lesson leaned.

Mike

thebulletworks.net They do not show up on the web sight but they have some and more on the way.

Their website lists Wolf and CCI primers in stock but they say that "this item is for local pickup only".

I was told they just have received there Haz mat and have not updated the web sight that is where I get my stuff from I always call and order primers and powder and they usually have it.

I just talked to thebulletworks.net , they don't have any primers in stock. The price was good, and I was going to clean them out of CCI Small Pistol, but Dustin said they don't have any.

I am the early bird!!!!! Just received 100K from thebulletworks.net

wideners; I left you all some federal small pistol...

Just jumped on their web site and had to run out to get my wallet. I typed all the info in there as fast as I could.....I had the nervousness of trying to get my gun up and waiting till the buck walked out from behind the tree as a bunch of doe were watching me. More stress than being audited by the IRS! I think I got it in on time. Thanks for the heads-up!

Here is what I could find available online as of Friday Nov 6th ….. How long they will last? Nobody knows so order up if you need them.

Third Generation Shooting Supply

Pistol Primers in stock

Federal Large Pistol Magnum - $33.32 per 1K

Winchester Large Pistol - $39.00 per 1K

Note – Orders limited to 2K primers of any kind

Natchez Shooting Supply

Pistol Primers in stock

Federal Small Pistol - $33.46 per 1K

Note – Orders limited to 5K primers per order

Freedom Gun Works

Pistol Primers in stock

Wolf Large Pistol - $30.00 per 1K

Winchester Large Pistol - $30.00 per 1K

Note – They only ship on Wed and Fri but it does not look like they limit the quantity of primers you can order at once.

Widener’s Reloading and Shooting Supply

Pistol Primers in stock

PMC Small Pistol - $36.00 per 1K

Wolf Large Pistol - $29.00 per 1K

Note – I didn’t see any order quantity limitations

Powder Valley Inc

Pistol Primers in stock

Wolf Large Pistol Magnum - $25.50 per 1K

Note – I didn’t see any order quantity limitations

Here is what I could find available online as of Friday Nov 6th ….. How long they will last? Nobody knows so order up if you need them.

Pistol Primers in stock

Natchez Shooting Supply

Pistol Primers in stock

Freedom Gun Works

Pistol Primers in stock

Note – They only ship on Wed and Fri but it does not look like they limit the quantity of primers you can order at once.

Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply

Pistol Primers in stock

Note – I didn't see any order quantity limitations

Powder Valley Inc

Pistol Primers in stock

I should take down that banner about only shipping on Wednesday and Friday. When we first opened the retail store, we didn't have a daily pick-up account with Fed-Ex or UPS. Now we do and we ship daily. After scouring the internet for a while myself I find our prices to be a little lower than others. I was worried I was high or something, as we get very little business from the Enos users. One of the things that hurts is so many people publish really low prices on line and have no items in stock nor are they expecting any. Look at Cabela's for example, they published good prices and allowed you to place an order, only to B/O you into oblivion. I sold 200,000 primers last week and have more on the way all the time. We do not limit our customers to how many they can buy. I'm in the business to sell stuff, so if you got the money I'm not going to tell you "no".

After scouring the internet for a while myself I find our prices to be a little lower than others. I was worried I was high or something, as we get very little business from the Enos users.

I didn't find your prices out of line and did order a bit this morning as a matter of fact :-)

I'm down to 1,000 small pistol primers with 2,500 loaded rounds. I bought some large pistol primers from you because I can see I'm going to have to switch to .45 for awhile to keep shooting.

We're getting some small pistol primers from time to time, but not near as many as I'd like to be.

ETA Thanks for you order, we appreciate your business! It shipped today.

Edited by kgunz11

Pistol Primers in stock

Natchez Shooting Supply

Pistol Primers in stock

Freedom Gun Works

Pistol Primers in stock

Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply

Pistol Primers in stock

Powder Valley Inc

Pistol Primers in stock

I should take down that banner about only shipping on Wednesday and Friday. When we first opened the retail store, we didn't have a daily pick-up account with Fed-Ex or UPS. Now we do and we ship daily. After scouring the internet for a while myself I find our prices to be a little lower than others. I was worried I was high or something, as we get very little business from the Enos users. One of the things that hurts is so many people publish really low prices on line and have no items in stock nor are they expecting any. Look at Cabela's for example, they published good prices and allowed you to place an order, only to B/O you into oblivion. I sold 200,000 primers last week and have more on the way all the time. We do not limit our customers to how many they can buy. I'm in the business to sell stuff, so if you got the money I'm not going to tell you "no".

Natchez Shooting Supply

Pistol Primers in stock

As of yesterday they had both large and small federal primers !

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that Powder Valley added Winchester Small Pistol Magnum to the list of primers they'll let you backorder. I'm tempted to order some just as a long shot, but I don't want to tie up a bunch of money in it. Do they charge your card for backorders when the order is placed, or when it's shipped?

Edited by MoNsTeR

I noticed that Powder Valley added Winchester Small Pistol Magnum to the list of primers they'll let you backorder. I'm tempted to order some just as a long shot, but I don't want to tie up a bunch of money in it. Do they charge your card for backorders when the order is placed, or when it's shipped?

When shipped,

A.T.