Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who has primers and when

tomfturner

Hey JSG

My guess is that the major manufacturers see the primer shortage as temporary. They probably have a pretty good idea of what their future demand will be and don't want to invest in equipment that will sit idle in the near future.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got an order confirmation from Powder Valley two weeks ago for some Wolf primers. Their website had them in stock. I just talked with the guy today and he says I pretty much will not get them in this order and probably not until sometime in August-maybe.

I checked both Wideners and Powder Valley a couple times daily. When they showed something I wanted in stock, I ordered it, and they shipped promptly. I got 2 cases of Federal small pistol magnum a few weeks ago, and Wolf small rifle magnum and large rifle. I backorered Winchester small pistol in April, I've no idea when those will arrive.

I guess I'm not so picky about primers. Now I have enough to last a while.

Looks like we have Win Small Pistol primers coming from Cabela's! :D:D:D

Cabela's World's Foremost Outfitter

Thank you for your recent order. We appreciate your shopping at Cabela's and hope that you had an enjoyable shopping experience.

Products Ordered

6 of 21-0756 Winchester Per 1000 Primers 1 1/2 SMALL PISTOL

Shipped-07/29/09

Total

Merchandise = $179.94

Fee = $20.00

Postage = $16.95

ORDER TOTAL = $216.89

ETA: We've had these things on order for 4 months or so. They are just now getting around to us so I'm not indicating that they have some in stock, but they ARE shipping ours.

These are personal primers that wont be for sale in the store.

Edited by kgunz11

Just found out Wideners has 85 cases of 5000 CCI SR and 100 cases of 5000 CCI SP. The only kicker is you have to have a Type 6 Ammunitions Manufacturing license. Which I do happen to have, but what would I do with all those primers? If I could find .380 brass I'd start loading some of that, but I just don't see a market in 9mm and .40. All you people load your own ammo already.

FYI I ordered WSP and WSR from Cabelas on 5/31/2009. My expected ship date got pushed twice. This week I came up to the expected ship date and got an email (expecting another push). This time the email said that if I didn't reply in 10 days my backorder would be cancelled. I called them right away to ask them to keep my backorder open. If you've had an open backorder for a while, check that it didn't get cancelled. Also still waiting on my PV order place about 4 months ago. I figure another few months on that one!

~Mitch

I’m still on the backorder list from Cabalas

Has anyone gotten any primers from them lately?

I recently received an e-mail that my primers were shipping today. I called them to verify shipping address. I listed my FIL's address since I'm moving, but as it turns out, he's going on vacation and won't be there. Anyway, when I called Cabelas, I was told my primers would ship 8/6. We'll see..

Just found out Wideners has 85 cases of 5000 CCI SR and 100 cases of 5000 CCI SP. The only kicker is you have to have a Type 6 Ammunitions Manufacturing license. Which I do happen to have, but what would I do with all those primers? If I could find .380 brass I'd start loading some of that, but I just don't see a market in 9mm and .40. All you people load your own ammo already.

If you can resell them buy them up and resell them to your family, friends and forum members here. I bought my first press a XL 650 back in April and still haven't loaded one round with it yet. Gave up Golf because I can't afford both hobbies but shooting and reloading is just as frustrating. BTW if you are a commercial reloaded it would be good PR for your company. I may reload but not all of my friends do and I'd be happy to put a good word in for you.

Wildkow

For those in Washington/Oregon - Countyline Shooters in McKenna WA has some primers. I picked up the 3k Winchester small rifle they had - $32/k. They had some CCI Small Rifle for $38/k when I left.

~Mitch

I ordered Win SPP 3/17/09 from Powder Valley, maybe these will show up next if Cabela's is shipping them.

I called PV yesterday (I also have Win SPP on backorder from them) There que is down from 50MM primers to 5.5MM primers. I am currently at about 1.2 MM back from the top of the list. They thought the March orders would be shipping this month.