Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I used to frequent several, Pistolsmith.com, FNhipower.com (now gone) the only one I can think of that is really good like this one is the forum at CASCITY. that websight is geared towards cowboy action shooting, as well as alot of non competitive fun shooting and building of black powder, cap and ball and all types of Single action revolvers. An area that isnt really addressed by this websight. However I imagine if I posted a 1858 Remington question plenty on BENOS would be able to answer.

The M&P Forum isn't bad, but it's pretty narrowly focused....not much depth and the majority of folks are more what we'd call casual or recreational shooters (which is cool, just not what most folks here are in to).

The S&W Forum isn't bad either and is a great source for historical stuff. Many of the folks there are more collectors than anything else...which is cool too...just not what I'm interested in. When I was researching Model 41s I learned a ton there, met some nice folks and even wound up buying a gun from one of the members (much better price than Gun Broker). Still, with that said, they have a lot of gun shop experts that don't know what they're talking about. How many threads can you read about "show us pictures of your Model 10"? Booooring.

None of them are nearly as civil or even close to having the depth of expertise we see here....not even in the same league.

I kind of go along with Gman on the M&P forum. Seemed like a lot of bickering as well. I will say that I learned about Dan Burwell on there. I know he is around here too but I go there when I get bored with you guys to see if he posted anything. Someday I might get one of his trigger jobs on my Pro but as of right now I think it is pretty darn good.

Also, as most have said, for USPSA info this place is all anyone needs.

"However I imagine if I posted a 1858 Remington question plenty on BENOS would be able to answer."
I've found that you can ask just about ANYTHING on this forum and be returned with several answers from knowledgeable members. The personal and professional backgrounds of the membership often shows well when you least expect it. B)