Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Marcus Luttrell's dog shot to death.

eerw

There was something similar here a little while ago. A couple has a ranch where they raise mostly exotic animals. A lot of school groups, birthday parties and things like that happen there. The guy who owns it absolutely loves his animals. Some POS punks drove by and shot a fallow deer with a 22 lr. It ended up dying after it suffered for a while. The owner was heartbroken. They caught these little bastards but I know the punishment will not fit the crime.

If they will kill dogs like that, they would most likely kill people in the right situation. I'm very glad Marcus didn't kill them. Even though they certainly deserved to be killed (in my book) things might not have worked out very well for him. My dogs are my kids too, but the courts probably wouldn't see it that way.

I hate this. HATE it. I have 2 dogs that have been all over the country with me.... I would come completely unhinged if someone willfully killed one of them.... Marcus CLEARLY showed considerable restraint....

If anything, I think they were lucky it was Luttrell's dog. Of all the people in the world who would show restraint in these circumstances, it would be him. I would imagine his respect for life is somewhat honed differently than the average person after his life's experiences.

With that said, I don't think those kids are going avoid bodily harm more than a month after they are released. It wont be Luttrell, but someone will settle the debt, and I would also speculate the cops won't look that hard for whoever does it either.

They covered this sort of thing in the SC CWP class. In SC, if someone is endangering your child (or any other person, for that matter), you may be justified in shooting them. If they are stabbing your dog...you can't. In SC a dog is treated as "property" and you cannot use lethal force to protect property (again, in SC).

Of course, it would be entirely possible that,in the course of attempting to retrieve your "property", they might direct their malicious activities toward you...at which point you would be justified in using lethal force to defend yourself.

Some Univ. of Oregon basketball team members were very recently busted while they pellet-gunned the (real) ducks in our central park's large water fowl pond. The public was outraged, to say the very least and wants them removed from the team. It was sport celebrity violence scaled down to a town of 150,000 people, but a crime of animal cruelty nonetheless. I don't think they've decided how to punish the perps yet. Either way, it was a sick thing to do.