I would like a production gun

1911jerry

Glock

M&P

CZ

XD

P226

92 FS (or variant there of)

Pick one and drive it like you stole it.

+2

Make sure you try all you can get your hands on and don't discount any based on other's "feelings" towards a certain brand. I did that and ended up selling all my brand Y to buy brand X after I found I liked it better after all. After you make the decision... see advice from Friday..

Glock

M&P

CZ

XD

P226

I'm going to say the 1st 4 would be top picks, the bottom 2 only if its what you have or it works for you. I like the XD, due to when I had them I pointed them well. The Glock's have been around for ever and is a proven platform I just can't point them well. The M&P seems to be good also, I just don't have a lot of experience with them, not that I have a lot of experience in production lol.

Edited by steel1212

Shooters with a CZ SP-01 did 1-2 at the World Shoot....there were alot in the top ten.
Glock 9mm, either a 17 or 34.

IPSC rules favor the SP01's +2 capacity and it has an advantage on the trigger pull due to weight requirements. :ph34r:

If you are looking for successful shooters with any of the above mentioned guns in USPSA competition you don't need to look very far. All have won their share of matches (ok maybe not the Sig :P ).

Edited by JoshF

Springfield XDm in 40, it has the capacity to shoot Limited and down loaded for Production. Trigger job and low mount adjustable rear. A few more items can be added if wanted. A 9mm for Production and steel, but it's not worth shooting Limited minor.

Rich

Glock

M&P

CZ

XD

P226

Yeah that's what I would say. Pick one up at the store (if they have any :rolleyes: ) and try the trigger, ergonomics, and sights. Think about which one you want and what you want from it.

If you like the way a 1911 points, the M&P is very similar....just bought an M&P Pro so I can shoot some Production and it balances and points right where I expect it to with zero thought. When I shoot my Glocks the same is not true unfortunately.

G34

Why?

9mm is good, cheap ammo reloading or otherwise.

Glocks are incredibly reliable. Will feed most anything.

Glocks are relatively inexpensive.

Glock trigger is safe action every shot.

Glock is so easy to maintain a monkey could do it with his eyes closed.

Glocks are easy to "tweak".

Glock magazines aren't that finicky and are cheap.

Glocks shoot damn well for this game.... plenty accurate enough.

Other than that.... I don't really like them. :roflol:

Glock or M&P would be the top two on my list. Both are very functional. To a large part from there I think it comes down to personal preference. I tend to like the Glock just a little better and there is a ton of Glock accessories out there. However I do really like the fact that the M&P has the different size grip pieces that come with it

There are a few other guns out there, your not limited to just these two. It really is all about finding a good platform that works for you. Heck I know a guy that shoots a Beretta 92 very well. I couldn't do that but it works for him.

BTW - I think shooting production has been one of the best things that I've done in the game.

It's accuracy focused. Very mistake penalizing. You have to shoot well to do well.

And, if you beat folks in the other division you've got some serious bragging rights.

Production has been a ton of fun for me. I recommend it.

jack

BTW - I think shooting production has been one of the best things that I've done in the game.

It's accuracy focused. Very mistake penalizing. You have to shoot well to do well.

And, if you beat folks in the other division you've got some serious bragging rights.

Production has been a ton of fun for me. I recommend it.

jack

+1..

Production has been a great challenge..from improving my accuracy (ongoing) to stage strategy..it really has lit the fire to shoot