Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Big Green Egg - BBQ grills

Just got mine and I LOVE it! Any other Enos people have one? Sure would like your secret recipes!

First meal, last night, was a beer can chicken and it was simply awesome. I am looking for some good ribs, brisket, and steak ideas. :cheers:

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. I need a new grill. We cook out a lot and want something that will last and runs on natural gas. I have had a Kenmore stainless grill for about 12 years...it has been rebuilt once but its done. Do they make burners out of anything but cast iron? Do any manufacturers make burners out of brass? Any recommendations? Thanks.

I cook on nothing but WEBBER. I have a charcoal. and a gas grill that has a conversion kit to hook up to my house for natural gas. there is no better grill unless you wanna spend over 5k

if you do wanna spend that mcuh lemme know and ill get u some links..

If you are looking at gas grills, my primary suggestion is to look for heavy duty grill grates (cast iron is best). My secondary suggestion is to find a grill that will allow the use of lava rock above the burners. The ability to hold heat is a big bonus.

Part of the issue with rust is the ash from burnt food, etc. Ash is alkaline and mildly caustic. Cleanliness helps longevity a bunch.

Jack,

I work for the company that owns/makes Charbroil Grills. I will of course suggest Charbroil. It is the most popular Gas Grill in America. Weber is the most popular charcoal grill in America.

http://www.charbroil.com/Consumer/product_...ductSeriesID=96

Come down and shoot one of EAGC matches, and I can fix you up with one from one of our every Friday grill sales. They are overstock or display models.

Most all of our grill racks are porcelain coated. Our newest patented technology using the gas grill to cook with Infrared.

No, I don't do sales, just a computer schmuck there for the last 12 years.

Mark K

My wife got tired of us having to buy a new grill ever few years and we went to Sam's and bought one of the big stainless steel grills they sell there. Ours has three burners with the porcelan coated grills and a side burner. I have had to replace the burners once (yeah, cast iron like everyone elses) but after 10-12 years, it still looks, and cooks like a brand new one.

If I had the bucks, I'd buy the biggest Green Egg made. We have one at work and it is an amazing grill.

fwiw

dj

Just been doing this research myself and will be going Weber. I have a cheap grill that I basically spend a day and $$ to rebuild every year (new burner, new grates, etc.) which still has the same hot and cold spots it has always had.

I've spent hours reading various reviews at Amazon and other places and Weber is consistently rated highly.

Had a chance to cook on a friend's Weber a few weeks ago and that was all it took. Then the wife asked "What do you want for your birthday?" :D :D

I'm hoping that as grilling season winds down some sales can be found.