Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Striker Spring?

Triggerbender

I put a reduced power striker spring as part of a kit I got into my Glock.

Got a few light strikes and the trigger is a little too light for me.

I remember reading about three different spring weights for the striker, light, medium and stock.

Does anyone know who makes or sells the medium weight spring?

TIA for any info.

I was under the impression that there was a spring made by someone that was between the reduced power 4lb. and the 5.5 factory spring. Maybe I was dreaming :wacko:

Wolff lists the 4lb. as reduced power, the 5.5lb stock spring as the medium and their 6lb. spring is Extra power.

Maybe the reduced power one I got is bad/weak?

I was under the impression that there was a spring made by someone that was between the reduced power 4lb. and the 5.5 factory spring. Maybe I was dreaming :wacko:

Wolff lists the 4lb. as reduced power, the 5.5lb stock spring as the medium and their 6lb. spring is Extra power.

There was a spring that one company made - the old glockworks or some such name perhaps, that was blue and was maybe 3, 3.5 if I recall.

When the company went away, so did the springs.

You can experiment with cutting coils off of the stock spring.

I remember reading about three different spring weights for the striker, light, medium and stock.

TIA for any info.

If the trigger is too light, go back to stock spring weight. Seriously, it resolves a lot of problems and cuts down on the tinkering. I personally tinkered with all of my glocks but after a 6 month lay off I am really considering just putting all the stock springs back in my production guns. The all still work, but I'm not a sensitive to the light reset as I was and need more feel in the trigger.

There was a spring that one company made - the old glockworks or some such name perhaps, that was blue and was maybe 3, 3.5 if I recall.

When the company went away, so did the springs.

You can experiment with cutting coils off of the stock spring.

TIA for any info.

If the trigger is too light, go back to stock spring weight. Seriously, it resolves a lot of problems and cuts down on the tinkering. I personally tinkered with all of my glocks but after a 6 month lay off I am really considering just putting all the stock springs back in my production guns. The all still work, but I'm not a sensitive to the light reset as I was and need more feel in the trigger.

I have been considering clipping a factory spring and have to round one up don't want to clip mine. I know what I have with that one and is what I have been using.

The 4lb.? I got is soft, in between those two would be perfect. 4.75lb.????????????? :goof:

It never stops amazing me as to how different the trigger feel on every Glock I have owned or handled is. Stock or not :blink: Stamped parts and such by different suppliers and so forth maybe?

I will have to see if Glockworx has something,Thanks

Edited by Triggerbender

I was having problems with light strikes with a Wolff striker spring. The spring was one of a package of 10. I made a jig to test the striker spring weights and found that of the 10 in the package the problem spring was the lightest in the package. I picked another spring that measured in about the middle of the group and had no more problems. I did learn there is a reasonably large variance in spring weights in the sample I tested.

I've tried cutting coils and have not experienced any negative results. I cut one coil at a time and tested the spring weight until I got the trigger weight I wanted. I probably have 2000 rounds on that spring with no problems.

When I first started with a glock, I got one of those blue springs. When it went away and no longer worked, I went to stock minus 3 coils. Gave me a similar feel. I've since played with it and the variety of Wolff springs.

The more I tinkered with springs and connectors, the more I kept coming back to stock or near stock, albeit using aftermarket parts (which may or may not be legal once the new rules come out).

I think it is a progression that all glock shooters go through - we want the lighter trigger, then the shorter reset, then a crisper feel even if heavier to where we find that we can pretty much shoot a stock glock fine - once we've mastered or understand the basics!

• 3 weeks later...

After using all the so called better Glock FP springs and having problems, I went back to the stock spring with no problems. I don't recommend cutting any coils off the springs, you are just asking for problems when you start cutting them.

Just my opinion based on experience.

I've used Lone Wolf Dist RP striker springs for a long time and have never had a light strike, were talking trigger pulls down to 2lbs. Too many variables to list, but make sure the channel is bone dry and the channel liner/spring cups are in good shape, cheap enough to R2.

• 1 year later...

crap crap crap.....

Loaded up 400 rds of 9mm w/ wolf primers and went to the range w/ a Gen 3 G22 w/ Lone Wolf 9mm conv barrell. Gave up after 3 - 17 rd mags with probably a 20-30% Fail to Fire Rate. After 2nd attempts probably down to 5%. I'm thinking the 6lb Wolff spring is in order....

Didn't have any issues w/ Wolf LP Primers in 45ACP in my Kimber.

Would appreciate any input..

-Tim

I've played with a lot of different springs in my Glocks and I go back to stock springs every time.

Polishing the trigger bar on the point where it meets the connector (combined with a '-' connector)does a lot more for improving the trigger.

I also played with titanium safety plungers and lighter trigger springs, but all it does is making my guns feel 'strange' :blink:

crap crap crap.....

Loaded up 400 rds of 9mm w/ wolf primers and went to the range w/ a Gen 3 G22 w/ Lone Wolf 9mm conv barrell. Gave up after 3 - 17 rd mags with probably a 20-30% Fail to Fire Rate. After 2nd attempts probably down to 5%. I'm thinking the 6lb Wolff spring is in order....

Didn't have any issues w/ Wolf LP Primers in 45ACP in my Kimber.

Would appreciate any input..

-Tim

I sold a G20 to a friend of mine recently (stock trigger components) and a Vanek trigger for his G34. The G20 had been 100 percent reliable with factory and my reloads (Winchester LP primers), the Vanek when installed in my G34 was 100 percent reliable (Federal SP). All my friend could get for his reloading are Wolf LP and SP primers. The result: lots of light strikes. He didn't have any problems with the Wolf LP in his Dan Wesson, either. Either VERY hard primers or ???. I am not impressed with Wolf pistol primers at this point for striker fired guns. YMMV.

Put heavier striker springs in both and waiting to hear back from him.

Curtis

Edited by BayouSlide

a friend of mine has done somthing like 7 trigger job for people wanting lighter triggers in their glocks, using the 3.5 connector and 3 pack of springs(return/striker and plunger) all but 1 gun had problems till we put the stock springs back in, for reliabilties sake, go with a quality 3.5 connector and call it a day, they are never going to be a 1.5 lb 1911 trigger, and i would rather have reliability than a lighter trigger, nuttin says lousy day at the range than racking out rounds that have been light hit but not gone off....

a friend of mine has done somthing like 7 trigger job for people wanting lighter triggers in their glocks, using the 3.5 connector and 3 pack of springs(return/striker and plunger) all but 1 gun had problems till we put the stock springs back in, for reliabilties sake, go with a quality 3.5 connector and call it a day, they are never going to be a 1.5 lb 1911 trigger, and i would rather have reliability than a lighter trigger, nuttin says lousy day at the range than racking out rounds that have been light hit but not gone off....

From a new Glock shooter, that learned this lesson recently, amen brother. I'm just gonna have to learn to do better with stock. The lighter spring would not set off Wolf primers. All my other pistols did. After replacing with stock spring, all was good. So I've been shooting groups with it at distance to refine sight picture memory at the 30s to 40s.

It is what it is. JZ

The 4 lb glockworx spring works just fine with factory winchester and federal primers. I think it is important though to combine it with a striker with an extended tip like the Jaeger or Glockworx one so it has a little more oomph.

My (pre Jager) Vanek strikers came with two reduced weight springs - one already installed, for primary use, and a heavier "medium weight" spring for harder primers.

I have no idea whose springs these are, nor their weight. Charlie would know, of course, if ya want to drop him a line.

My (pre Jager) Vanek strikers came with two reduced weight springs - one already installed, for primary use, and a heavier "medium weight" spring for harder primers.

I have no idea whose springs these are, nor their weight. Charlie would know, of course, if ya want to drop him a line.

I was just going to make the same recommendation. I just got a vanek trigger and it still comes with a medium power spring in case you have light strike issues.

Get the Zevtech spring kit for the Glock at glockworx.com and install and forget about the rest. If you're feeling super squirelly put in a race disconnector as well. You can with a little time and patience drop her down to a crisp 2 to 2.5 pounds with 100% reliability with factory ammo.

I don't recommend cutting any coils off the springs, you are just asking for problems when you start cutting them.

Just my opinion based on experience.

If you go with a reduced power or clipped striker spring you WILL have light strikes, it's not if... only when.

I agree 100% with not cutting springs there are too many lighter replacements available that will still ensure the full travel of the striker. The Glockworx kit is good stuff and I have not had any light strikes with reloads or factory. I've had this in place for about 2000 rounds now.