Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Becoming a US Citizen

walangkatapat

After twenty three in a half years of legally being in the US my wife for over twenty three years had her US Naturalization interview at 1030 and then was sworn in at 1400 today as a US Naturalized Citizen. How's that for the feds being efficient. ;) The people being sworn in today were so happy and it was nice to see those that appreciate what our Country has to offer unlike many of those that are born here that take their freedom for grant it. :cheers:

Outstanding! :cheers:

My paternal grandfather was born in Italy and came to the U.S. in his early 20s. I can still, vividly, remember him looking me square in the eye and saying "There is no better place to live than the U.S." and you could feel the words as much as hear them. Nice to hear people still feel that way. R,

Congrats!

I was at the State Dept. building in San Francisco back in 98 or 99 to get a passport. As I was waiting, an elderly woman sitting next to me began to talk with me . . . in a language I didn't understand! I got from her facial expressions that she was very happy, then I looked at a piece of paper she was holding. I was talking to a shiny new US citizen. I was very happy for her.

Edited by p99shooter

That's freakin awesome!

We've had a few such celebrations here over the years. Nik and BritUSA jump to mind.

It might seem 23 1/2 years too late, but tell her we said "Welcome!'

:D

Jees, met both of them. What the hell were we thinking? :roflol:

Congrats to the wife. Been to a lot of countries in the last 20 years, and can vouch that this one is the best out there. What we consider a recession is party time in some of the places I've seen/lived. Gas was $11 a gallon in Germany when I was there last month.