Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Nationals slots

gose

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was surprised (SHOCKED?!) to get a call the other day. I've just been a local match participant (enthusiastic, but with mediocre performance) - and Area when it's been at my "home" - so I've never given Nationals any thought. Is this a "no-brainer"? Is this an opportunity that I would be a fool to pass up? Or, do plenty of people pass up slots, and if so, why?

Please share some thoughts: if you were offered a slot would you accept or decline it, and what would your reasoning be?

Thanks in advance,

ac

Got my call yesterday!

As soon as the caller told me what the call was regarding I said YES.... I'm such a rookie :goof:

BTW

<----- Pic of me earning my spot :P

Edited by JoshF

I recieved a call last week. I'm excited.

They said it was for being First Snot-nosed punk at the Area2 or something like that... lol

:roflol: Congrats kahuna! :cheers:

:cheers:

i'm really excited, since this is my last year as a junior (in the US anyway), i have to make it "count" lol

I'm feeling good vibes about US Junior team in 2011 WS, maybe if i finally have an open gun built by then, i might be good enough to do work there haha

Edited by little_kahuna

I guess you don't get a slot for winning your class at the Nationals do you? That was the only major I made it to last year. Oh well.

No you don't. To be honest, I was pretty surprised about that policy. After a season of equipment problems and brain farts, things finally come together at the Nats and you win your class but that doesn't earn you an invite back. I don't voice complaint much but I have to ask, What's up with that?

I was surprised (SHOCKED?!) to get a call the other day. I've just been a local match participant (enthusiastic, but with mediocre performance) - and Area when it's been at my "home" - so I've never given Nationals any thought. Is this a "no-brainer"? Is this an opportunity that I would be a fool to pass up? Or, do plenty of people pass up slots, and if so, why?

Please share some thoughts: if you were offered a slot would you accept or decline it, and what would your reasoning be?

Thanks in advance,

ac

Picked up my slot from Area 5 and declined it do to finances. Would have went if it was in Barry. Can't wait to go to a Nationals, but this year is not going to be the year.

I guess you don't get a slot for winning your class at the Nationals do you? That was the only major I made it to last year. Oh well.

No you don't. To be honest, I was pretty surprised about that policy. After a season of equipment problems and brain farts, things finally come together at the Nats and you win your class but that doesn't earn you an invite back. I don't voice complaint much but I have to ask, What's up with that?

Well, I do complain(too much at times) but I was surprised at that also. I figured it was at least equal in weight to an Area match. With diesel prices what they were last year I only shot two big matches: the VA/MD and the nationals.

Heck, I'll grump. Why doesn't the class winner at an Area get his Nationals slot for free. I'm not talking room/board/travel, just the entry fee? Just curious, not trying to start a war. Has it ever been different? If so, how?

I don't think anyone gets one for free as a result of finish.

My surprise was that Nats class winners don't get slots for the next year, yet 1st and 2nd place in class from Area and similar matches do (please correct me if I'm wrong, I get confused easily). I'm kind of curious if anyone knows of a reason for that.

My surprise was that Nats class winners don't get slots for the next year, yet 1st and 2nd place in class from Area and similar matches do (please correct me if I'm wrong, I get confused easily). I'm kind of curious if anyone knows of a reason for that.

Slot policy here => http://www.uspsa-nationals.org look in right side margin.

Edited by joseywales