Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Multi gun Nationals in Las Vegas?

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vegas would be a cool venue, but I hope that the MD and the home-office will address / implement the constructive criticism that emerged on this forum. The last MG Nationals in LA was a good state or regional shoot - but it didn't have a Nationals "feel". I, and many others, felt like it was a low-ball effort when compared to the various handgun Nationals. Think I'm gonna sit this years MG Nationals out - maybe shoot some of the bigger Outlaw matches - and see which direction the MG Nationals go.

One tip for the next MD, don't hold your shooters hostage and make them tear down the stages before you announce winners and get to the prize table. :angry2:

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

Desert Lakes is a fantastic range with good facilities and super nice people. Jared Smith is the owner and a serious shooter in his own right (mainly clay games). I don't know if it will be open around the match time, but they have one of the best sporting clays courses I have ever seen. As for the setup, all I can say is that the MD is going to have a lot of very capable volunteers to work with to set up the place. There is a pretty solid group of shooters out here that really want to make both this and the Handgun Nationals work.

I don't know if I will take a chance on another USPSA Nat. Multigun match. I wasn't very impressed with the last one. This trip will be a longer trip, but I do have to burn at least 5 consecutive days of vacation. I just found about this, almost a yr after I hired on. I don't think the old lady would let me go alone on this one.

Mike

I don't know if I will take a chance on another USPSA Nat. Multigun match. I wasn't very impressed with the last one. This trip will be a longer trip, but I do have to burn at least 5 consecutive days of vacation. I just found about this, almost a yr after I hired on. I don't think the old lady would let me go alone on this one.

Mike

Mike . Don't give up on the multi gun nats yet. LL :cheers:

Copied from the thread on the USPSA Pistol Nationals, where speculation and rumor are also spreading rapidly.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Not sure if this is "allowed" or taboo, but if I may I'd like to re-print something I just found on the USPSA forums .............. might help, might just help frustrate folks further. But either way it is the most "official" answer at this time.
The November minutes have been posted.

Some misc facts:

• We do not yet have a signed contract for the 2009 Nationals.
  • USPSA will not announce a date or location until we have a signed contract. It's bad business practice to make such announcements when we *think* the details have been worked out. Waiting for a signed contract allows us to be *certain* the details and information are correct.
  • Whenever an item of business that is time-critical is covered at a board meeting, the board routinely follows it up with a vote authorizing immediate release of that information (prior to publication of the minutes). I cannot imagine the board having a firm date (with contract signed) and keeping that information from the members pending release of board minutes.