Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Multi gun Nationals in Las Vegas?

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The closure of DLSC is certainly a tough loss for the shooting community here in Vegas. It was an awesome place to shoot and Jared had great plans for the future; especialy with regards to practical shooting. He's a great guy and I'm sure we'll continue to see him involved in the local shooting scene.

That being said, El Prez has made good progress towards finding an alternate venue in the Las Vegas area. I expect that something will be posted soon on the USPSA Nat'ls webpage with all the details.

This was certainly a nasty surprise for everyone involved at this end. It creates some challenges for sure. However, they're challenges that can and are being overcome. Rest assured; the 3-Gun Shooters here in Vegas remain committed to doing everything we can to make this a great match.

Best Regards,

Charlie Brown

Sin City Shooters 3Gun MD

CB,

Sorry to hear the news. Thanks for the update. Will you be involved with the 1-Gun nats?

Later,

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Keith Wright is the Pistol MD for the Sin City Club at Desert Sportsmans. So far he has been the local contact for the Pistol Nat'ls. That said, I'm sure there will be plenty of work to go around as we get closer to Sept.

Regards,

CB

http://uspsa-nationals.org/

Multi-Gun Nationals

Dates: October 22-25, 2009

MD1: Michael Voigt

MD2:John Amidon

RM:Carl Schmidt

Range: Boulder Rifle & Pistol Club

Schedule:

Thursday, Oct. 22 - Registration @ range - 1 to 5 P.M. Registration @ hotel - 7-9 P.M.

Friday, Oct. 23 - Late registration @ range - 7 A.M. Competition begins - 8 - 5 P.M.

Saturday, Oct. 24 - Competition continues 8 - 5 P.M.

Sunday, Oct. 25 - Trophies & prizes @ match hotel - 7 - 9 A.M. (Possible makeup day)

• 1 month later...

I like the idea of a 2 day match. It seems like every 3 day match you end up shooting just one stage on the last day or talking the RO's into staying late so you and they can finish on the second day. I believe this is USPSA attempt to improve upon the match. Having it in Vegas is definately an improvement!!!

I like the idea of a 2 day match. It seems like every 3 day match you end up shooting just one stage on the last day or talking the RO's into staying late so you and they can finish on the second day. I believe this is USPSA attempt to improve upon the match. Having it in Vegas is definately an improvement!!!

Play it safe and plan on staying that extra day on Sun just in case. Larry :cheers:

Play it safe and plan on staying that extra day on Sun just in case. Larry :cheers:

Oh sure, the awards presentation is Sunday anyway. I am optimistic that we are going to be in for a pleasant surprise this year. I strongly believe our concerns have been heard and we are going to have good match with a good prize table.

I was thinking the other day that since all the really big 3 gun matches are in one place maybe USPSA should limited the multi-gun Nationals to one or two places like Vegas or Tulsa.

• 2 weeks later...

AP3, Thanks for the positive karma. The team is working hard to make this a match that exceeds expectations and builds excitement for the future of the USPSA Multi-gun discipline. We're making good progress on the planning, stage designs, props, etc... Keep an eye on the USPSA website for official details.

If any of you are planning on shooting this match and haven't signed up yet, please do.

Edited by Blockhead

AP3, Thanks for the positive karma. The team is working hard to make this a match that exceeds expectations and builds excitement for the future of the USPSA Multi-gun discipline. We're making good progress on the planning, stage designs, props, etc... Keep an eye on the USPSA website for official details.

If any of you are planning on shooting this match and haven't signed up yet, please do.

so blockhead, give us a hint. what's gonna be cool? heard we'll have nothing but larues to shoot.

so blockhead, give us a hint. what's gonna be cool? heard we'll have nothing but larues to shoot.

Larues on everything over 100 yards. May be some R&R flashers at 50 to 100 yard ranges. We want to remove the RO factor involved with long range targets. I went with Michael to the range over the weekend to work on stage planning, especially the open desert stages. Charlie and the LV crew have come up with some good stuff. This is going to be an awesome match.

Edited by chendersby

Larues on everything over 100 yards. May be some R&R flashers at 50 to 100 yard ranges. We want to remove the RO factor involved with long range targets. I went with Michael to the range over the weekend to work on stage planning, especially the open desert stages. Charlie and the LV crew have come up with some good stuff. This is going to be an awesome match.

thanx, chris-i'll cook up a load of 75's for the match and dial accordingly. how many stages over the 2 days?

• 2 weeks later...
Isn't the 3 gun nationals only a month after the handgun nationals? sure would be good to know things long before a month out...

jj

He was asking about squadding. For all of the National events, USPSA HQ usually posts squad list 14 to 10 days before the event.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Isn't the 3 gun nationals only a month after the handgun nationals? sure would be good to know things long before a month out...

jj

He was asking about squadding. For all of the National events, USPSA HQ usually posts squad list 14 to 10 days before the event.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

good to know, thanks Linda!

could care less about squadding-round counts and rifle distances are what is important.

I second this however!

jj