Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Official "What I got for Christmas" thread

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just when I thought I would be bored to tears at our family Christmas gathering (that's why I brought the Front Sight along), my wife and father pull me aside and surprise me with a new STI Spartan. This ranks right up there with my father getting me my first rifle. I hope all the Benos members (and their families) had a very Merry Christmas. :cheers:

some cash, dinner gift certs, seasons 4 and 5 of Miami Vice, couple pounds of deer jerkey and few more pounds of deer/pork sausage from dad, and a Garmin GPS. (wife was tired of me getting lost, everywhere.)

Suprisingly, the first half of the day at the inlaws wasn't half bad.. First time ever. Hopefully this is the start of a new trend. :rolleyes:

another dillon 1050, CZ SP-01 and a Giraud case trimmer

Holy shit...we have a winner :goof:

Theo I hope this means you'll be shooting more Production in the future! ;)

:cheers:

Myself or Theo?

I can promise you plenty of "borrowing my press" time if I got "another dillon 1050"!

Santa brought me a new tripod for mounting my video camera. This comes in mucho handy for taping practice sessions.

I also received a Dremel tool. Now I can be a gunsmith! Anyone want to send me there slide or barrel for a little customization? :devil:

Non-shooting stuff included an new Taylor Burner driver with a draw bias to help mitigate my right angle slice and a watch from my daughter.

Edited by XD Niner

While this has been a tight year for our company with the financial downturn, the girls got what they wanted, the wife got what she wanted, and I got myself another year as a USPSA member.

What I really liked though was not having to cook whatsoever this time. As a culinary school dropout, I seem to get alot of kitchen duty. While I love to cook, it has been great to eat others food and just play with the kids.

The family did get a PSP. I played that thing for a straight hour today before dryfire. I forgot how much I liked Galaga and a couple of other classic arcade games. :D

I am truly blessed to have the wife and kids I have. They love me as much as I them. I also got the okay to spend one Saturday afternoon and all the following Sunday a month with helping Jeff Hartman set up the IPSC match at our club. I can say that this is the greatest gift my shooting has received. It means alot to me that they are willing to part with me for that time every month. I hope that my shooting can improve at least a class this year and justify their sacrifice.

Merry Christmas to all of you ! :cheers:

No gifts exchanged this year. Not Scrooge, we're just kind of fed up with the whole commercialized/retail Christmas thing. I have to say, it was so nice not to have to deal with crowds and shopping :D

But Santa gave me a beautiful, sunny, peaceful, quiet, day home with my wife who decided all on her own to help me trim 2300 pieces of rifle brass :wub:

Used Tanfoglio P19, some say I stole this, but money did change hands, not a lot, but it did change hands.

Glock 17, bonus from work.

and hopefully next week (if there is enough left out of my shooting fund)

Kimber Gold Match 45.

and two days off work, back on deck Saturday.

New Shop-Vac that looks like it will hold a volkswagon

New batteries for my Dewalt cordless tools

A set of Bose headphones for listening to my tunes.

A stocking full of munchies

But best of all was having my our families and my son home for dinner and sitting around the table talking for almost two hours. Great times.

Merry Christmas to all

dj

Been waiting for my company credit card to come so I haven't bought anything yet, but when it comes look out. Wait a minute I am self employed so I guess I need more clients. Maybe I'll just claim a business loss like most other companies and the government will give me a bailout too.

Edited by LPatterson

#1. My oldest, Navy Special Warfare Command, Log. & support unit, and his wife got here early am after a 17 hour drive. First time home in over a year. In addition to our other two sons who we do get to see more regular.

#2. Got the Mrs. a S&W performance center 1911, she wants to shoot single stack and I don't want to share mine.

#3. Caliber conversion and casefeed for my 650.

All in all way more than I deserve. :goof: