Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Seeing my son graduate basic training

Bryan W

We are up at FT Sill for my son's graduation from basic tomorrow. We had family day today and got to spend the day with him. It was very cool to see him again and to see the changes. Lost 20lbs and he says yes sir a whole lot more. Being an ex 82nd Airborne guy myself, I knew the outcome would be good.

Anyway, a cool day all around and another one tomorrow. He will be going to FT. Sam Houston to start medic training next.

Edited by Bryan W

I did my Basic at Ft. Sill in 1991. Went thru the gas chamber on my 22nd birthday! :o And yes they made us say our name, rank, and social with our masks off, and yes most all of us about choked to death, and yes we all survived. :)

Hows that for a party?! The room was full of smoke alright but it wasn't the funny kind. Not funny at all.

Congrats to you and tell your son I said THANKS! :cheers:

edit for spelling

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

Don't forget to see Geronimo's Grave - out on East Range, the Cannon Walk and Fort Sill Museum, and you've got to try a Meer's Burger after looking at the Elk and Bison out at the Wildlife Refuge. I was at Sill 11 years and have lots of fond memories. Lots of good USPSA shooting around there too - SCRAP Club in Duncan, Glenn's Club in Duke, Scorch's Double Tap Ranch, and the OKC Gun club just up the road.

Thanks for all the replies guys - Graduation went well today and he was standing tall and looking good.

Fullauto - Not sure where he'll be stationed after Sam Houston. I tried hard to get him to think about getting the airborne and/or ranger option on his contract. That didn't happen though so it will be a crap shoot on duty assignment.

For those of you who have been to FT Sill in or around winter time, you know how cold the wind blows there but good GOD the cold wind up there is really ugly.... Man, I feel for those kids that have to do basic there Nov-Feb timeframe.... I did FT. Benning in the summer so all I know is how to sweat...lol

Thanks again for all the comments

Man. there are a lot of us Ft. Sill survivors here. I did Basic & Advanced Training back in Summer/Fall of 89.

Your son probably will not find out his Perm Station until a week before he finishes Advanced.

Good job on raising a great son, wish him well. :cheers: