Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What are you running for your main holster ?

el pres

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ghost - Limited

DOH - Limited 10, Production, 3 Gun

SS - DOH - with a changed bracket to make it legal

If I was buying all new equipment.. I'd dump the Ghost (and the Limcat I never use) - and always use the DOH

Edited by BerKim

Lucas, I am assuming you are asking about my DOH. It is nothing fancy, they cut the front of the holster down a couple extra inches, formed it with a much deeper sight channel and flared the top out a little and rounded off all of the edges. It also has an adjustable knob on the side to apply or relieve tension on the gun. I have a really high caspian front sight on my Limited gun and was breaking fibers occasionally with a regular DOH. With the deeper sight channel and the other features it draws really smooth and is actually designed to come out easily even if you are twisting the gun slightly on the draw (el prez). I prefer it to any of my other holsters and was actually thinking of having one made for my open gun (shorty with docter dot). They also did some work on my mag pouches and the best part is none of this cost me any more than the stock items would have (of course I know the manager and live very close to the factory).

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

SLB, a product from Finland, IMO the best there is:

CRW_8070.jpg

CRW_8071.jpg

The only downside, if you count that as one, is that they are gun type specific, so you can't use same one for different types of guns. But it is more secure than anything I've seen, fully adjustable in all directions, the locking lever is in perfect position, and looks good to boot. Once at a match, as I dropped my backpack full of ammo, the strap caught the gun grip. I almost fell backwards myself, but the gun stayed put. I just love having stuff I can trust. :wub:

Edited by askomiko

SLB, a product from Finland, IMO the best there is:

CRW_8070.jpg

CRW_8071.jpg

The only downside, if you count that as one, is that they are gun type specific, so you can't use same one for different types of guns. But it is more secure than anything I've seen, fully adjustable in all directions, the locking lever is in perfect position, and looks good to boot. Once at a match, as I dropped my backbag full of ammo, the strap caught the gun grip. I almost fell backwards myself, but the gun stayed put. I just love having stuff I can trust. :wub:

Do they have a website?

Ribas (SSI) for double-stack Open and Limited/L-10

Safariland 012 for the 1911's in L-10

In SS, an old Galco belt holster and various leather pouches of various colors (the holster's brown) threaded on the Ted Blocker (black 1 3/4) belt through the belt loops (you old timers remember doing this) at home before the match 'cause it's such a hassle trying to get the stuff on in the frenzy before the match starts. Tried the plastic stuff, just doesn't "feel" right in SS. One of these days I may get enough old stuff off of eBay to have everything match. :roflol: