Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.22 rifles.

Merlin Orr

I have always loved .22s...especially rifles - Back in my previous life I lost my collections twice. Thieves once and an Ex another time. Just got the fever again and started trying to get some nice .22 things going. Bought an old beater Win. 52B Sporter and just got an Annie 54 action with a 5018 trigger to build another custom sporter. Anyone else here into rimfires?

Yep, I love 'em. I've got a few. My favorite is my dad's Mossberg 42MC from the 1940's with scope, two magazines, and the original instruction sheet. It will still put high velocity rounds into under an inch at 50 yds.

Next to that, there's few more, including a Ruger model 77 with a custom trigger that is super sweet making the rifle great for training for big game season because of it's size and weight.

I'm always keeping my eye open for more while I'm on the road.

3 Anschutz's, a Sako,a Kimber , a GSG 5 ,a Marlin lever gun and a couple of built 10/22's . Still working on a Tactical Solutions upper for an AR. Plus numerous .22 pistols. Yea I like my .22's great way to shoot a lot and not spend a ton of money on components. Glad to see you getting back into the rimfire arena again. :D

Have fun with your new toys. :cheers:

Scott

Besides the required heavy barreled, fiberglass stocked 10-22's, an old Anshutz and a "Winchester" 52 sporter. That's the Japanese version, not the original. Almost forgot the Turbo 22. Benchrest stock, Leupold 36X, Shilen BR trigger.

For a strange one, a Remington 572 pump....converted to a box magazine. That was for the Masters Rimfire Action event, years ago. Always a Gamer! :roflol:

It is really nice to see that I am not alone in spending a grand for a .22 rifle..... :D Benny just dug up another Win 52 in a benchrest stock reworked with a 2 oz. trigger and the whole deal. It has a Lep. 36x Benchrest on it. He bought it for me from a customer and I bought it sight unseen. Still have not seen it as I am still out of town.

With the guns I have bought I think I only need about 15 more......... A CMP Remington 40x rimfire is one of them. Sheldon I need one too. How?

I have always loved .22s... Anyone else here into rimfires?

I have a soft spot for the older ones too.

I have a few:

Winchester 52 built by Eric Johnson

Remington 37 benchrest rifle set up

Remington 37 built by C.H. Johnson

Stevens 417 Walnut Hill

Edited by pmd

My Volquartsen SuperLite shoots as well as a good 52, 40x, or Anshutz. It likes most any standard velocity ammo, but Wolf Match Target stands out with the sub .25 inch groups. I like all of my .22s and conversions. My favorite .22 handgun is my S&W pre-18 .22 Masterpiece.

I have a few of the higher end 22s.

A 1913 in an Eliseo Tube Stock for prone matches.

A pair of 1827 Fortners for Biathalon, Silhouette and Sportsmans Team Challenge.

A 54:18 for killing critters.

And lastly a 40X, just cause.

(add in a Anschutz 9003 for plinking in the basement)

22s are just too much fun. I have shot more rimfire this past few years than I have in my life.

I brought back a few Anschutz's with me from when I was stationed in Germany. More .22 hornets than .22LR's but they are both nice. Also got a nice Rem 513T that was an old military trainer that I put a nice small diameter 14x Unertl on.

Neal in AZ

Edited by Intel6

I have a few of the higher end 22s.

A 1913 in an Eliseo Tube Stock for prone matches.

A pair of 1827 Fortners for Biathalon, Silhouette and Sportsmans Team Challenge.

A 54:18 for killing critters.

And lastly a 40X, just cause.

(add in a Anschutz 9003 for plinking in the basement)

22s are just too much fun. I have shot more rimfire this past few years than I have in my life.

Oh my I do want a Fortner repeater action to build a world class sporter from. Get a presentation grade wood stock and have it fitted up with a really premier barrel, have it bedded by a rimfire pro builder....... Makes me drool. :cheers:

I've got the 10/22 (natch) and an Arminius .22 revolver. I bought it while shopping for a Ruger single action about 20 years ago. It's ugly, got a barrel shroud that keeps working it's way forward when shooting, but damn is it accurate!

Dad has a Remington .22 bolt action that's a real tack driver. I dunno the model #, but I spent many happy hours shooting that way back when.

I have several .22s

My old trusty 513T

2 521x

2 H&R12

a Mauser trainer

a Stevens break action

a Steven visible loader (Model 70)

A Colt target revolver

An H&R 9 shot top break

a High Standard Can't remember the model

A Beretta T22

A Chipnumk

a 10/22

Might be a few more

Might sell a 521 and a H&R 12

Jim

Merlin, I picked up a like new CMP Remington 40x rimfire that I dropped into an AICS stock. Waiting on a Us Optics scope for it. I'm going to have the barrel shortened to 20in and recrowned. It's a trainer to match my GAP rifle.

nice, I have been meaning to get my hands on one of those and do the same thing!

Been there and read it all. I am not really into Tac Rifles at this point but they can be really nice "Trainers" if you play that game. Hmm.... might see if I can fit a Win 52 or an Anschutz 54 in one of my McM stocks and see how it looks.

I love .22's. I don't have that many but the ones I have are pretty nice.

I have a 10/22 with all the Tac/Sol stuff on it and a Leupold Custom shop 3-9.

I have a 10/22 I had built back in the early 90's before all the bolt on stuff came out.

This one has a fitted Lothar Walther SS barrel in a Fajen stock all bedded and tuned with a SUPER hand done trigger. It will shoot any ammo into a 1/4" at 50yards and the match grade stuff well I have shot several groups int he 0's. The best being .022. With Eley match Xtra ammo.

I have a Smith K22 that taught me more about shooting a handgun than any thing I have ever owned.

I have a Winchester 72 that is very sweet. It was totally refinished with a high polish blue and the stock hand rubbed oil finish.

A John Linebaugh built Ruger Bearcat convertible 22/22mag.

A Charter Arms Pathfiner that is scarey accurate.

And a bone stock SS 22/45 that I have been shooting SC with. I Just picked it up in July so the only thing I have done to it is put 3000 rounds though it. It will get some new sights soon and maybe some trigger work.

A Kimber (forgot the model)

Tricked out 10/22

Bullberry barreled Contender with a match chamber and a 22 oz trigger (built for my daughter).

Virgin Valley barreled Encore with a match chamber and a 15oz trigger

Mossberg with an 18" barrel - the one with the folding forend on the stock. I bought it used when I was 11. It'll still shoot into 1/2" at 50 yards.

CMP Mossberg position rifle

Marvel conversion for 1911's

Built up Ruger 22/45

M34 S&W (Daughters graduation present from high school)

I just sold an RPM XL Hunter with a .22 match barrel and a 2 oz trigger

CDNN has a good deal on Suhl 150s from Germany. They are some of the most accurate .22 rifles that have ever been made. There are quite a few of them that have been put in benchrest stocks to shoot BR-50. The previous world record holder shot a

Suhl 150 and built them as well. He does nothing but hunting rifles now. McWhorter Custom Rifles in Doe Run, GA.

CDNN has a good deal on Suhl 150s from Germany. They are some of the most accurate .22 rifles that have ever been made. There are quite a few of them that have been put in benchrest stocks to shoot BR-50. The previous world record holder shot a

Suhl 150 and built them as well. He does nothing but hunting rifles now. McWhorter Custom Rifles in Doe Run, GA.

Like to have a Suhl... Can't find them on the CDNN site....

Like to have a Suhl... Can't find them on the CDNN site....

No guns on the website, only in the paper catalog.

I've got one nice .22 with it's companion brother on my "list" as my Dad calls it. Mine is a Win 52C heavy barrel with both Redfield Olympic sights and an original Lyman Supertargetspot scope that I swap in and out. It's brother is the same gun, but with the heavier bull barrel and a Canjar trigger (Dad won't let that one go just yet!). I don't shoot matches with it, but it's one of those kinds of guns you just have to have at least one of.

Edited by G-ManBart