Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Multi-Gun Nationals

The USPSA Multi-Gun Nationals are only 6 weeks away and I have yet to see any details about the match (i.e. match hotel, # of stages, round counts, etc.). I have looked on the USPSA web-site under the Nationals tab but did not see any info. Does anyone have any info on the match besides the date and place ?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked with Ken Hicks for a couple of hours today, and asked many questions about the match.

He said that there would be three hundred yard rifle standards (two flash targets at 100, 200, and 300 yards...one string standing, one string kneeling, and one string prone). He also said that there was no "just pistol" stages, since pistol matches are everywhere. All stages are either long gun (one pure rifle stage, one pure pistol stage) or multigun (pistol/rifle, pistol/shotgun, rifle/shotgun, everydamnthingplusthekitchensink). The longest rifle shot will be 300 yards, there are two pigeon throwers in the match, and there will be close (within ten percent) parity between the round count of pistol, rifle, and shotgun.

He seemed excited about the match, and I am really looking forward to shooting it :D

Alex

I wanted to buy some gater boots the last time I was up there, but they were pretty expensive. The guy in the store told me to go kill a gator and get some myself.

Damn it if I didn't catch about fifteen gators and not a one of 'em had boots!

I'll try again this year :ph34r:

Alex

I wanted to buy some gater boots the last time I was up there, but they were pretty expensive. The guy in the store told me to go kill a gator and get some myself.

Damn it if I didn't catch about fifteen gators and not a one of 'em had boots!

I'll try again this year :ph34r:

Alex

You just got to go to the right neighboorhood :D

Any slugs?

Thanks for the report.

I talked with Ken Hicks for a couple of hours today, and asked many questions about the match.

He said that there would be three hundred yard rifle standards (two flash targets at 100, 200, and 300 yards...one string standing, one string kneeling, and one string prone). He also said that there was no "just pistol" stages, since pistol matches are everywhere.

He seemed excited about the match, and I am really looking forward to shooting it :D

Alex

Wow, 300yd shots at flash targets off hand........that's something to look forward to! Nice to hear there'll be an emphasis on long guns though.

Ummmm....slugs! :D

I'm currious what the guys/gals that are good at this think about the Rifle Standards string one....shoot two each at 100, 200, 300 then reload and repeat in 10 seconds.

possible...doable, or superhuman???

This is gonna be fun.

Ummmm....slugs! :D

I'm currious what the guys/gals that are good at this think about the Rifle Standards string one....shoot two each at 100, 200, 300 then reload and repeat in 10 seconds.

possible...doable, or superhuman???

This is gonna be fun.

I saw that too,,,,

Get your 100”s hope for the 200’s and spray for the 300’s.

10 seconds,,,,, ouch,,,

I wonder if you get to start,, in the prone,, and kneeling?

Jim M ammo

Jim M ammo

Starting position says standing....facing downrange.

I would assume that means a standing start for each string.

Hell, it takes me 10 seconds to get comfortable in a kneeling position !!!!!

Jim M ammo

I know what you mean,,, no time for comfort.... just shoot like hell.. A long range hose stage.

And try not to get a failure to engage.. Shoot at all of them and go back as needed.

I only shoot one USPSA match a year,,,, this one,,, so I’ll need to ask, when we get to the stage. What the deal will be..

Jim M ammo

Jim M ammo

I know what you mean,,, no time for comfort.... just shoot like hell.. A long range hose stage.

And try not to get a failure to engage.. Shoot at all of them and go back as needed.

I only shoot one USPSA match a year,,,, this one,,, so I’ll need to ask, when we get to the stage. What the deal will be..

Jim M ammo

I don't know kids but that course description calls out "Fixed Time" and that is usually Virgina count. i.e. penalties for extra shots.

A stage for Riflemen and a tough one for sure.

Patrick

The rifle standard does sound like fun, i wonder who will practice and who will just wing it??????
At my skill level it's not doable. I'm focusing on the 100 and 200 and forgetting the 300 is even there. Ignoring the reload also. Grabbing what points I know I can put in the bag and walk away.

With fixed time scoring, you generally get the point value for hits only. No FTE's or Mikes. If you take 20 shots in ten seconds and hit one flash target, you get one (1) hit, (5 point value). Penalties for procedurals will still apply to the score (shooting outside the fault line, not making a mandatory reload, etc).

Note on string 1 of the rifle standards you start standing behind fault line. You can go prone, kneeling or whatever after the start buzzer. The stage procudeure only mandates that you start each string standing. Stage 1 does not stipulate a particular position in which you have to shoot. Strings 2 and 3 do. :surprise:

A local club is doing a multi-gun match Saturday, and just decided to use stages 2 and 4 from the Nationals. If I can make it (Gustav is getting hinky) I'll be using my AR15A2 for the rifle...targets at 100-300 yards, one round, reload, re-engage in 10 seconds with iron sights...boy, that's really gonna happen with me. :P:wacko:

A local club is doing a multi-gun match Saturday, and just decided to use stages 2 and 4 from the Nationals. If I can make it (Gustav is getting hinky) I'll be using my AR15A2 for the rifle...targets at 100-300 yards, one round, reload, re-engage in 10 seconds with iron sights...boy, that's really gonna happen with me. :P:wacko:

Glad you brought this up. We will be doing six stages with two stages from the Nationals this weekend. I am going to try and do at least two more Multigun shoots during September, utilizing as many stages from the Nationals as we have the props to set up.

We want to try and set the standard for 3-Gun/Multigun in this part of the country (Louisiana). This is a relatively new club, Piney Woods Action Shooters (PWAS), and the interest is starting to grow. We have excellent support from the city and the use of the range. We can pretty much do whatever we want as long as it is safe and no one is looking over our shoulders. I set up the match where it can be shot by both pistol only shooters and Multigun/3-Gun shooters alike.

Glad you brought this up. We will be doing six stages with two stages from the Nationals this weekend. I am going to try and do at least two more Multigun shoots during September, utilizing as many stages from the Nationals as we have the props to set up.

We want to try and set the standard for 3-Gun/Multigun in this part of the country (Louisiana). This is a relatively new club, Piney Woods Action Shooters (PWAS), and the interest is starting to grow. We have excellent support from the city and the use of the range. We can pretty much do whatever we want as long as it is safe and no one is looking over our shoulders. I set up the match where it can be shot by both pistol only shooters and Multigun/3-Gun shooters alike.

Where is the range? When do you go hot?

Thanks!