Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Multi-Gun Nationals

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HiCap - PM sent with the info.

Email or PM me with info, too, please. Saturdays are not good days for me, but I'm interested in what ya'll got going on over there.

PM sent!

(Hey, Jack! I don't even shoot there and I'm doing all the PR! WTH? :D)

HiCap - PM sent with the info.

Email or PM me with info, too, please. Saturdays are not good days for me, but I'm interested in what ya'll got going on over there.

PM sent!

(Hey, Jack! I don't even shoot there and I'm doing all the PR! WTH? :D)

Appreciate it!!! You're welcome anytime.

Jack Travers

Let,s take a quick look at string one of the rifle standards. If you are real quick you can drop to prone and get your first round hit in about 3 seconds. The prone reload will run around 2-3, let,s say 3 so you have 6 seconds gone in just getting to the shooting that leaves 4 seconds to get off 11 ( we already got the first round hit in 3 ) well aimed rounds or .36 second splits INCLUDING transitions.

Now I know that is very doable in Hollywood, matter of fact those guys would do it with their S&W snubby, but for meer mortals this will be a very frustrating stage, let alone string one. I really don't know why we make stages that the average shooter has no chance of completeing, it just frustrates the shooter and demoralises them. I don't mind the stage, and I feel I can do well at it, but as for being able to complete the first string ( good hits and mag change ) , it will be a very rare individual that can.

amen Kurt!

Us meer mortals will be trying to get out of that stage with the most number of well aimed hits to do well on that stage. the 1st string will be the tie breaker for sure!

The way I read it, it is VIRGINIA count, engage each tgt ONCE and move on, stop shooting at 12 rounds (1st string) or 6 rounds (2nd and 3rd string), or 10 seconds. Probably no penalty for misses or FTE but,,, probably will get penaltys for extra shots. Chances of getting 6 hits, doing a reload, and getting 6 more hits are, well, superhuman!

not really sure I get the point of the stage, oh well... :surprise:

jj

Well, fixed time is Virginia count... but the targets are steel. I didn't think we did Virginia count steel! Is that a change in the new rule book? 9.4.5 and 9.4.6 only talk about paper targets, steel is not mentioned (in the multi-gun rules).

Edited by bpowe

Pay attention to the written instructions in the first string. It is freestyle . Nobody can shoot 6 ,reload & shoot 6 in 10 sec's & hit much. I'm going prone & try to get a sure 6 hits rather than spray & pray.

+1 on that. I tried it today. offhand first. Shot 4 relatively well aimed rounds at 100 & 200 then hosed 2 at 300. Made the reload once for 2 more rounds. I averaged 3 hits per run. I then went prone and averaged 5 hits per run. About 8 attempts each. So, looks like 2 prone and one kneeling stages. Kind of defeats the purpose I think.

OK,

here's the dope.

handgun rules:

Fixed time:

Limited time, Limited number of shots.

Fixed time must use Paper targets exclusively. & should be dissapearing where possible.

RIFLE RULES:

Same as Handgun rules

IF paper targets are used in Fixed time stages, they where possible should be dissapearing.

So there you go. Follow the directions in the stage briefing and you'll have no problems.

HOP

OK,

here's the dope.

handgun rules:

Fixed time:

Limited time, Limited number of shots.

Fixed time must use Paper targets exclusively. & should be dissapearing where possible.

RIFLE RULES:

Same as Handgun rules

IF paper targets are used in Fixed time stages, they where possible should be dissapearing.

So there you go. Follow the directions in the stage briefing and you'll have no problems.

HOP

Generally when you have a fixed time on flash targets you shoot as many times or as fast as you can to try and get the hits required within that time. The reason you want to put a fixed time on the strings is so you don't have people out there shooting till they finally hit all the targets. We would be there all day on this one stage. In other words you will blast away at the target until an RO yells "hit" then you move to the next target, etc. Your score will be the total value ( 5 points per target) of the number of targets you hit within 10 seconds. No penalties for mikes, etc., or 80% of the shooters would zero the stage.

Edited by jdtravers

I think I will get the hits out to 200 and spray at 300 if time allows. I think I will go prone on string one like Benny suggested. I think I will have to practice for this one. I tend to "wing it" too often. I have been practicing with the shotgun more lately.

Can you put your pistol on safe and reholster? I will be using a Bladetech for the match and not a Ghost. I am kind of worried about grounded my pistol. Not real sure about how to do it quickly and safely.

Mike

Let,s take a quick look at string one of the rifle standards. If you are real quick you can drop to prone and get your first round hit in about 3 seconds. The prone reload will run around 2-3, let,s say 3 so you have 6 seconds gone in just getting to the shooting that leaves 4 seconds to get off 11 ( we already got the first round hit in 3 ) well aimed rounds or .36 second splits INCLUDING transitions.

Now I know that is very doable in Hollywood, matter of fact those guys would do it with their S&W snubby, but for meer mortals this will be a very frustrating stage, let alone string one. I really don't know why we make stages that the average shooter has no chance of completeing, it just frustrates the shooter and demoralises them. I don't mind the stage, and I feel I can do well at it, but as for being able to complete the first string ( good hits and mag change ) , it will be a very rare individual that can.

This stage is pure Ken Hicks. He came up with the 50yd standards (handgun) at Area 4 a few years ago. In that it was 3 reload 3 in 6 seconds standing, then 6 in 6 secs kneeling, then 6 in 6 secs prone. I remember the prone was thrown out before we got there and the stage was changed around a bit but it still frustrated most shooters. At that time I was a freshly minted C class L-10 shooter and got a total of one hit for 5 points. The stage winner got 49 out of 90. On stages like this know what you can do, do it, and walk away.

Another stage that will have you throwing a hissy fit is Stage 10. The rolling plate rack was at Area 4 the same year.

Edited by Hank Ellis

I agree that no-one will come close, so why do we want to frustrate shooters? I thought that USPSA wanted to grow 3-gun, not piss off the shooters so they won't come back. Demanding standards are fine, imposible ones aren't in my opinion. Now like I said I am not afraid of it, but there are going to be A LOT of bummed out shooters after this stage and that kind of makes the match not as fun for some. KurtM

This makes this match a mid range match for rifle at best.

I only shoot one USPSA match a year, this one. And I do appreciate the how to on the scoring, of how to get some points, out of this stage.

And Ken if your reading his, I love you man, Long time no see. Good to know you haven’t changed a bit. On stages. :ph34r:

Jim M ammo

M Ammo said that this will be a mid range match with rifle because of the standards. I agree, unless things have really changed at the shootout range there are not many (main range use for HI-power) that go past 200 yds.

Thus making me decide on Rifles to use:

1 my M4 with Eotech (light and really handy)

2 my Saber Competition with 1x4 (because of the scope a little more accurate)

Decisions, Decisions.............whats a bald guy to do ????

HOP

Ummmm....slugs! :D

I'm currious what the guys/gals that are good at this think about the Rifle Standards string one....shoot two each at 100, 200, 300 then reload and repeat in 10 seconds.

possible...doable, or superhuman???

This is gonna be fun.

Okay, I'll be the first to admit that I can sometimes be a little slow, but where does it say that the ranges are 100, 200 and 300 yards? It's NOT written on the WSB anywhere that I can find.

Ed

M Ammo said that this will be a mid range match with rifle because of the standards. I agree, unless things have really changed at the shootout range there are not many (main range use for HI-power) that go past 200 yds.

Thus making me decide on Rifles to use:

1 my M4 with Eotech (light and really handy)

2 my Saber Competition with 1x4 (because of the scope a little more accurate)

Decisions, Decisions.............whats a bald guy to do ????

HOP

I’m a one game gun guy,,, for now, I’m collecting parts for another toy, but not in time for the Nat’s

I did get out and do some practice on that Rifle Standards stage, I don’t have 300, so just at 75 yds with the 10/22 and at 100yds with my AR. I played with it.

I’m not the speedy, shooter most of you folks are. But I did OK,

7+ and I can get some good hits, but the mag change,, hmmmmmmm

I’ll get out and try kneeling and prone, I’ll give this stage a good.

A good match to be up to speed on your off hand shooting, with all the slugs, as well.

I like that the match is not a pistol match!

Hey squad 3 we are the Jim squad!

Jim M ammo

is this a 3 day match for the competitors?friday- saturday- sunday.or just saturday and sunday? someone said that they saw a squad list showing that we shoot 3 days.

It's 3 days....Only one stage per squad will be shot on Sunday.