Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Multi-Gun Nationals

Its a 10 point procedural for every shot over 10.30. You get 3 tenths of fluff if its not a turning target. No hits are taken away per se....the 10 point procedural will just cancel it out assuming the value of steel is 10 points instead of 5.

ETA: changed 7 second par to 10 second. I was thinking of the standards from the Pistol Nats

Edited by 00bullitt

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a 10 point procedural for every shot over 7.30. You get 3 tenths of fluff if its not a turning target. No hits are taken away per se....the 10 point procedural will just cancel it out assuming the value of steel is 10 points instead of 5.

If the shot breaks after .30 it will be an overtime and will be scored as such. The rule is based on the concept of neutralizing the potential max hit on a target. If the steel is scored as 10 points then the overtime will be -10 points.

Jay

BTW: I'm running the rifle standards. ;)

Edited by JayWord

Its a 10 point procedural for every shot over 7.30. You get 3 tenths of fluff if its not a turning target. No hits are taken away per se....the 10 point procedural will just cancel it out assuming the value of steel is 10 points instead of 5.

If the shot breaks after .30 it will be an overtime and will be scored as such. The rule is based on the concept of neutralizing the potential max hit on a target. If the steel is scored as 10 points then the overtime will be -10 points.

Jay

You are running that stage,, cool,, and sorry,, your not going to win any popularity contest at this match,,

I do have a question I only shoot this one USPSA match a year, so I’m not as up to speed as I once was on USPSA rules,

Are these standards one shot per target?

Or shoot as much as you want in the 10 seconds?

Or something else?

Jim M ammo

Jay

I'm new to USPSA rules/scoring, but let me see if I have this clear. Let's say the steel has an assigned value of 5 points, which can be assigned, then the penalty/procedual value would only be -5 points? The rifle rules are not clear to me either. Another question: Since this stage is shot under a 10 second fixed time, is it virginia count or comstock? I get a serious headache when I try and read thru the rules so I appreciate any assistance you may render.

I'll wait to see how the pictures translate onto the ground for final judgment on the match. I just hope the mud doesn't come up over the top of the shoes, like last week at USSA.

Final staff assignments aren't out yet, but I'll see all of you on some stage at Princeton in a couple of weeks.

Jack mentioned the AR Section MG Championship match. I'll be posting the stages in that thread here shortly. We've tried to make them challenging, but not overwhelming.

Bruce

Jay

I'm new to USPSA rules/scoring, but let me see if I have this clear. Let's say the steel has an assigned value of 5 points, which can be assigned, then the penalty/procedual value would only be -5 points? The rifle rules are not clear to me either. Another question: Since this stage is shot under a 10 second fixed time, is it virginia count or comstock? I get a serious headache when I try and read thru the rules so I appreciate any assistance you may render.

The best way to think of timed fire/fixed time is virginia count with a time limit. Only one shot per target will be allowed without penalty. Therefore, string 1 would be 6 reload 6. On the other hand, misses don't count so the key is to get the best hits you can in the time limit. 4 solid hits is better than 12 shots and 10 misses because you have to rush.

Jay

Did all of the competitors for this match get the email from the squadding system?

NOTICE Please squad yourself as soon as possible since the system will lock out all squad changes on Sept. 25th. We have received notice that the system has failed to send the Welcome letter and PIN on several occasions so if you need your PIN resent please email me at wwmiller@suddenlink.net.

You can request the system to resend your email also by clicking on your name then scrolling down to the re-send button.

Edited by bpowe

After reading what Bruce said about this match being an "Old School/style" match, this kinda brought things back into perspective for me. I guess I have been spoiled by shooting Benning, Messa and other high end technical matches and thinking they should be the norm.

I love the challenge/fun of the technical stages, but this is generally where I loose a lot of match points/time. Really can't beat a straight up match without all the mechanical apparatus. It is one hell of a lot easier to train for. So what was I bitching about anyway? Oh yeah, still needs more stages for a 3 day event.

Jack

Bruce also implied that the only way I do good in matches is by "reloading", so in order to better myself for this match I watched Shootem Up 5 times in a row, I am begining to really see where I have been going wrong. Thanks Bruce! ;) KurtM

True...but only 1/3 of the stages at best. Besides when you miss as much as I do you HAVE to reload good, but the movie regimin is really helping! Now if I could only get some help with my rifle shooting..... I guess it is time to start watching Quiggley Down Under, maybe that will help me hit something past 73 yards or so. ( thats where real extream long range starts for me ) :unsure: KurtM

well after tring the shooting thing instead of the reloading thing for a while, I see where Bruce was absolutely right, so I have decided not to compete at the Nationals this year. Hopefully next year will have some reloading so that I stand half a chance. Good luck to all the peole who can make it. KurtM

Vegas in '09!

I received an e-mail that there were 13 cancellations for the 3-Gun Nationals.

Cheryl from Tallahassee

That's a fact. Where did your other half go, I was tracking who all was coming up from Florida, and I don't see him squaded now.

Jack

ahh u scum-was ready to make reservations for the silverton again-musta spent a grand at the bass pro shop during the last nationals...coolest thing was we found a bar off the strip that had tapper units built-in to the tables...spent a ton there as well...next time i'm getting rigged with a catheter...

well after tring the shooting thing instead of the reloading thing for a while, I see where Bruce was absolutely right, so I have decided not to compete at the Nationals this year. Hopefully next year will have some reloading so that I stand half a chance. Good luck to all the peole who can make it. KurtM

Sweet, Now I will place one spot higher, now I need to other 10 that will finish above to drop out. Thnaks KURTM :roflol:

(note: bad speling just for you)