Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Tap CHAMPIONSHIP 2009

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello: Are you guys saying that I will need more than 5 mags on my belt if I shoot single stack? Let me know so I can buy more mag holders. Thanks, Eric

If the 2009 match is anything like the 2008 match, I'd have more mags on the belt if you have room for them!

Hello: Are you guys saying that I will need more than 5 mags on my belt if I shoot single stack? Let me know so I can buy more mag holders. Thanks, Eric

If the 2009 match is anything like the 2008 match, I'd have more mags on the belt if you have room for them!

I think I had five hi cap mags on me and the gun in 08 or <_< was it just four

I am still debating between SS and Production this year. But if it's SS, I will have 6 mags on my belt.

I had 3 on the belt shooting Open and 4 for L10 in the past.

Besides, between every stage, you will be disassembling and cleaning each mag that hits the ground. At least

you need to or suffer the red dust demons.. :devil:

Craig

last year I carried 5 on my belt for production...that was up from 4 from years before..found I was going to my last mag a lot..and I actually dropped one on my belt..and almost came up short..

so I added another mag pouch..if I was shooting single stack..6 on the belt..

Hey Folks

Just posted the entry form for the Double Tap Championship '09 on the DTR web page. Won't accept any entries post marked before Jan 2. 2009

But get them in ealry in the new year. Sat/ Sun filled in about three weeks last year and Friday filled in the next three weeks.

I will be shooting SS and I only have Four Mag Holders and don't plan on buying any more SO....... The stages should be able to be shot with 5 mags total 1 in gun and 4 on belt. about the same for production. I will double check the stages and let you know if you need more, but a back up is always advisable.

Stages will be up in mid to late Jan '09

and yes you can stay at the Range with a small trailer. But no Water and no Electric (working on the electric for campers)

Edited by scorch

Just heard from Max and Due to Low intrest in the Classes they will not be holding the them after the Match. (Must be the economy hard to come up with $550.00)

On the Bright Side.....

We have Dillion Precision as a New Match Sponsor (Must have something to do with being the 4th largest match in the USA) and we have been given a big enough discount from them to purchase three 550 Reloading Presses and 3 Case Feeders to be put on the Prize Tables this year. Thanks Dillion!

Glad to here it Ken, Welcome again. Mike, Maybe you and Ten Billion other people being on the net on christmas Eve had something to do with it?

Ten BILLION? Man, that is a lot of people!!!

I wish I could go, I had so much fun last year. BUT, since I didn't win the MN Sectional in open division I can't go. My boss (wife) bet me if I win high overall I could go to DTR, if not she and I HAVE to go on a cruise...

Are there any big lakes around your area were we could "simulate" a cruise? :roflol:

Edited by Zerwas

Fly to Houston, take a cruise, out of Galveston, catch DTR on the way home. The wife is happy, and you get to go.

I'm doing the cruse out of Galveston the first week of March , I'll be good to go.

Good Luck. :cheers:

The wife told me yesterday that I could go to the match (with some help from Sherwyn)!!!

Looks like I'm at least RIDING to the double tap with the Minnesota state open sectional champion. It was his idea to run it past my wife that way and it worked!!!

This is a great match and I am very much looking foreword to it.