Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Tap CHAMPIONSHIP 2009

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bring Hand warmers. I've needed them every Year.

And something to get that Red Crap out of your guns and gear.

Red Crap ??? what is the surface of the bays, gravel,dirt,grass,ect......

The road into the range from the paved road is where you seem to pick up a ton of the red clay dust on your vehicle. The bays have the same kinda red clayish dirt. It gets pretty much everywhere...fine like talcum powder. Definitely bring a gun cover! You can see it in my YouTube video here:

There is almost always wind of some kind at the range. And the dust is everywhere. Not quite like talcum powder, but rather gritty..... You'll be picking it out of your ears and nose for a day or two after the match for sure.

And do come prepared for any weather. We've had rain, mist, cold, warm, windy, overcast and bright sunny skies at the Double Tap, and that's just in one day. ;)

There is almost always wind of some kind at the range. And the dust is everywhere. Not quite like talcum powder, but rather gritty..... You'll be picking it out of your ears and nose for a day or two after the match for sure.

And do come prepared for any weather. We've had rain, mist, cold, warm, windy, overcast and bright sunny skies at the Double Tap, and that's just in one day. ;)

Only having been there for one match I may be remembering wrong, but it seemed like there were two kinds of stuff to deal with. The super fine dust that flew up when you drove over it and then the stuff with more grit that was everywhere else. I found the really fine stuff inside the shell on the back of my truck...how it got up in there I'll never know, but it found a way!

You're going to be finding that red clay dust in all your shooting gear for the next 6 months after the match, I know I did.

And for all you shooters from out of state, bring clothing for all weather types. I think Rhonda called it best last year, "Texas schizophrenic". What we always say, "if you don't like the weather, just wait a few minutes."

The surface of the bays , roads , hills, ---hell everything is is dust, it blows up really easy, and gets into everything. gritty when dry and slippery when wet.

I've cleaned mags every stage and guns at least at lunch every day.

But it still is a great match, just make sure your equipment stays clean , cover, guns mags , and ammo, some people, cover their guns except when shooting, keep the mags in the gun bag until the last minute and ammo in closed bags until needed, esp if the wind is blowing.

Shoot fast, and look good.

Come On the dust ain't that bad, :roflol:

We finally got the land owner to sell us the Road and a Few acres behind the range. So we have about 75 tons of gravel on it now and we are planning on putting about another 150 tons on it by match day so the road should not be dusty. the Bays are being box bladed as i write this which will cut down on the fine Dust dramticly. but still cover your stuff. Looking forward to seeing everyones Entry form today. Looking for 360 entries to make DTC the 2nd bigesst match in the USA.

Edited by scorch

Zerwas, glad to hear you get to go, but you must owe your wife alot more than a cruise now I bet....

Well, let's just say I was a very good boy on our wedding anniversary day/night.....which happened to be on January 1st... :cheers::cheers: