Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Tap CHAMPIONSHIP 2009

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

got 178 Competitors signed up as of Jan 20. in 18 days, (That is Not counting 2 days the mail did not run. New Years and Martin Luther King day)

More walls than china :lol: counted 92 6'x8' walls and another 11 walls 4'X6' the other day. but that will change as we get the stages on the ground.

Edited by scorch

Y'all got more walls than China.

Looks great!

Y'all should be trekkin' down from the great white nawth for this 'un ;) It'll feel downright warm tuh ya, I reckon... :lol:

We gonna meet at the Texas Roadhouse again???

How 'bout it Jim? Lady in blue?? Carina?? Where's that little kid we made sit on the saddle??? Him too!! Get him Polo!!!

All I know is that if I go again this year and I get hit with any peanuts I'm returning fire with a water pistol! :devil:

Ah the peanuts are not so bad :rolleyes: (its just small arms fire)

Its the onions that can take you out :surprise:

:roflol:

Jim

IT'S ON!!! I will call and make reservations for Saturday night 7:30! Signup on this thread so I know how many people to tell them. Bring your peanut proof outer wear and drink covers!!! If polo shows up, bring your head gear - he is dangerous!! :goof:

IT'S ON!!! I will call and make reservations for Saturday night 7:30! Signup on this thread so I know how many people to tell them. Bring your peanut proof outer wear and drink covers!!! If polo shows up, bring your head gear - he is dangerous!! :goof:

You're going to have to make a rather long artillery shot to hit Mr. Polo this time ;) He'll be at the LaRue match... ;):lol:

Unfortunately this match also is up against the Steel Challenge Nationals in Florida.

Spoke with BJ Norris and Max Michel at SHOT and both said they will be shooting the SC Nats

instead of DT this year.

Craig

Unfortunately this match also is up against the Steel Challenge Nationals in Florida.

Spoke with BJ Norris and Max Michel at SHOT and both said they will be shooting the SC Nats

instead of DT this year.

Craig

Anyone heard if the rest of the Army Team will be there?

Sign me up if Rudy Project will warranty cracks in my glasses from unidentifiable flying Peanuts....

JS

Looks great!

Y'all should be trekkin' down from the great white nawth for this 'un ;) It'll feel downright warm tuh ya, I reckon... :lol:

How 'bout it Jim? Lady in blue?? Carina?? Where's that little kid we made sit on the saddle??? Him too!! Get him Polo!!!

All I know is that if I go again this year and I get hit with any peanuts I'm returning fire with a water pistol! :devil:

Jim

Count me in for three people.

Looks great!

Jim

Ok but you cannot copy my order ok?? hahahahaha - sorry guys inside joke :roflol:

" Unfortunately this match also is up against the Steel Challenge Nationals in Florida."

UHHHH! The Steel match is Up against US! We have had the same date for the Fifth Year, date was posted in July 08 for 09 and they had 73 folks last year we had that many in the first three days of registration. and we also have five or six folks from Florida going right by their match to come here. They are not hurting us. Sorry! Get off my soap box now.

AMEN......stand in some little box and shoot 6 or 7 rounds........VS the DOUBLE TAP........Kinda like a major league team vs some AAAAAAAAA minor league team......but then again I do not shoot steel so MY opinion might be a little one sided.......

Edited by DrawandDuck

I attended the FL open and the DTC last year.

I had so much fun at the DTC (despite the freezing temps and biting wind on Friday) that I just HAD to come back to the DTC again.

The FL open was fun too, but this DTC is a match to be experienced!

I see there are now 2 squads that filled up...but I'm surprized there aren't more people signed up for this REALLY FUN event.

Edited by Zerwas

" Unfortunately this match also is up against the Steel Challenge Nationals in Florida."

UHHHH! The Steel match is Up against US! We have had the same date for the Fifth Year, date was posted in July 08 for 09 and they had 73 folks last year we had that many in the first three days of registration. and we also have five or six folks from Florida going right by their match to come here. They are not hurting us. Sorry! Get off my soap box now.

They aren't shooting the Steel match because it's more fun, that's for sure. Shooting USA is filming and a lot of the top shooter's sponsors want the coverage.

I guarantee you, if the shooter's were making the call, they would be at DT.

Craig

The steel Match is a Little more TV friendly. We were trying to get Shooting USA to cover our match. I am talking to Eric G. from France He can't make it this year but Might make it next year and Give a Class Afterwards.

Edited by scorch

Some Questions came up about the Stages so a Little Update:

On stage 5 - You Will have to move Up range about 6-8 feet to get to the First port. Not like the Design Shows. This is to keep folks from shooting the first targets and quitting for a high hit factor. Since the targets are disappearing. You MAY NOT Duck Down under the Rock and let it pass over you in the track has been added to the Walk thru.

Stage 11 - All ammo will be in Your magazines, Placed in the Monkey Skull /Bowl. NOT lose in the bowl

Edited by scorch

Looks great!

Jim

Count Bev and I in for 2 at dinner.

I been thinking that we need to step it up for the Overall Match Winner.

The Last 4 Years we gave the Winner a $502.00 STI frame, Just Like most of the Division Winners and a Really Cool Trophy done by anythingFromWood.com . Well this year the Match Winner gets a $1700.00 Fullly Dressed, AR-15 Rifle and a really cool trophy (of Course thru your FFL dealer) NOW! hows that for Stepping up!

Edited by scorch