Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Tap CHAMPIONSHIP 2009

Had to go to Lowe's and buy a hack saw as one of the locks on my pelican case somehow got reprogrammed.. :angry::angry: and had to cut it off......

If it's a 3-digit combination lock just go through each number and you'll surely hit the combination. Happened to me a few times and normally takes me 15 to 25 minutes to hit the right numbers. Good luck at the match.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had to go to Lowe's and buy a hack saw as one of the locks on my pelican case somehow got reprogrammed.. :angry::angry: and had to cut it off......

If it's a 3-digit combination lock just go through each number and you'll surely hit the combination. Happened to me a few times and normally takes me 15 to 25 minutes to hit the right numbers. Good luck at the match.

if it is a dial type combo lock I just need a soda can and some scissors.

Hey, so when exactly is the forum dinner at Texas Roadhouse? I can't seem to find the info anywhere....

The folks shooting today had it kind of rough. We'll see how tomorrow shakes out - I already know of some folks who aren't making it due to ice and snow coming from the north. I'm thinking the folks who shot today might actually be happy they did - tomorrow, the temp is going to start out below freezing w/ 30+ mph winds... It won't be raining on us, which is a plus, but its not likely that anyone is going to mistake it for "warm" :surprise:

I already know of some folks who aren't making it due to ice and snow coming from the north.

That would include me <-------Looooser. I spent too much time watching road and weather reports online. I40 was close, I25 was terrible and temporarily closed in one direction, and the southern route was closed for a while as well. If I'd just headed to the southern route it would have been opened by the time I got there. That would have made it an 800mi drive and 12 hours. By the time I figured that out it would have put me at the hotel sometime around midnight or 1a.m.....not worth it at that point. :(

With 1000 possible combinations well I knew ONE that would work....only took bout 30 seconds........

post-6763-1238198695_thumb.jpg

Dave, there r a bunch of us here right now....

Sorry, then, guys :( I wanted to make it, but we were already at dinner when Jay posted this... Next time... ;) If y'all didn't get us permanently kicked out of the Roadhouse... :lol:

It looks as if there were many shooters that once the big rain came at noon they decided to bag the match. I estimate around 30-40 or more did not return from lunch. Cannot blame them - the weather was the worse I have seen at Major. Credit is due to all the shooters that did shoot the entire match in horrible conditions. :cheers:

Some thoughts from the Friday squad.

1. Stages were lots of fun even with out the ball. The cave and the tetherball stage in particular were interesting.

2. West Texas mud. An unususal concoction that is extremely fine and gets into everything when dry also becomes like clumping cat litter and 3 times as heavy in the presence of water.

3. Don't ever say, hint, or think "Gee, the weather isn't that bad. I think the high for the day was when we left the hotel in the morning.

4. In the nicest possible way, I hope the weather is miserable for the next two days. It is only fair! :)

4. In the nicest possible way, I hope the weather is miserable for the next two days. It is only fair! :)

Speaking of fair, I think the weekend squads should have to shoot at headless targets. Those who shot today know exactly what I'm talking about - LOL!!

Another great match with unique and interesting stages. Too tired to type much now - just got in a couple hours ago and have been getting ready for the LaRue Tactical Multi-Gun, which starts in about 6 hours. Sleep is a crutch.

Doug

Well...the snow started blowing in at about 0400 :angry2:

Went out to smoke and frost formed on my face in about 30 seconds :angry2:

Its ugly out ..and VERY cold with blowing sleet and snow.

I would much rather have shot in yesterdays rain storm!

This is going to be a rather tough day :mellow:

PS someone better bring in the brass monkeys :surprise:

Jim

All I can say for the Saturday/Sunday shooters is good luck, you guys are probably shooting in the same weather that we shot in the last half of the match (no rain, drop in temp/wind). Lesson of the day...never say, "The weather can't be bad as last year." Kudos to the range officers who are toughening the blistering winds, rain, and mud for 3 days in a row! Absolutely loved the stages too! They made you run, zig zag, and shoot at a constant pace....the question is, so how many of us are feeling the aftereffects right now? :roflol:

the question is, so how many of us are feeling the aftereffects right now? :roflol:
I am feeling the "In-between" effects right now and my face really hurts!!! There is a punishing wind just whipping through here knocking the snot right off our noses. Hey at least I don't need tissues!!!

I don't know if today's weather is any better....all I know is the weather conditions is messing with us a bunch too...Don't know that I will do this again next year. It has been down right miserable today! :(

I don't know if today's weather is any better....all I know is the weather conditions is messing with us a bunch too...Don't know that I will do this again next year. It has been down right miserable today! :(

I guess I feel a little better about being home, warm and dry even if I am loading stuff to go into storage. Feel awful about Trace's DQ on the first stage :(

....the question is, so how many of us are feeling the aftereffects right now? :roflol:

Well, I woke up this morn in the Holiday Inn Express feeling just plain sore, not smart.

I'm not usually sore like this after a match.

My teeth stopped chattering hours ago;-)

I wasnt really all that cold, because I was bundled up, but still, it wasnt pleasant out there.

I reloaded mags in my truck, under the heater vent.

The drive home was brutal. I40 had a looong stretch of heavy snow in Oklahoma. One slow lane (actually two narrow tracks, no real 'lane') Other than that it was just rain and boredom.

Other random notes:

Really fun stages.

No long shots, no accuracy intensive shots

I shot slow, but only had 1 mike all day (although I did get a penalty for knocking a tennis ball off)

There was guy shooting Open on the super squad with the largest, brightest, highest muzzle blast I've ever seen...I hope someone got video of that.

We had a squad-mom that did nothing but take care of us and our scoresheets and keep us moving efficiently...there should be a trophy for that.

It was hilarious watching people huddle around each other to spread the warmth. I have to admit that for I was looking forward to shooting the cave stage just to get out of the wind! Sorry to hear about the DQ, we had one on our squad too, he was a great sport about it and continued to tape, film, and bring supplies to us...unfortunately it happens to the best of us.

By the way if anyone near Amarillo happens to have the contact info for Kelly M. at Squad 1, can you please PM me? I got our squad's DVD ready for him but I don't know his address..

I've shot in the cold, and I've shot in the rain, but this was the first time I've shot in the cold and the rain.

It was a great match though. I really loved the stages. I can't really pick out a favorite as they were all unique and fun. My gun ran fine, but I had a few mental

malfunctions, but all in all it was a good match.

A big THANKS to all the RO's and staff who volunteered to be out there all weekend. :cheers: