Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Is Your Highest Rank In IDPA?

Duane Thomas

Since there is no null vote I did not vote.

Although I have shot several IDPA matches, I have yet to shoot a bonified classifier match...although I would be more than happy to attend one in the Dayon/Cinci area :)

If you don't make master in SSP I'm going to "poke fun at you"....for a challenge try to make master in ESP your first time out :D

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Revchuck, I believe the first rule book had the p7m8 listed in the stock service pistol division however I was shooting the P7M10 40S&W double stacker and that fell into Enhanced due to it not being listed in the SSP like the p7m8. Couldnt figure that one out, must of been the 8 round mag limit, both single action pistols per my definition.

Edited by Lynyrd

• 3 weeks later...
I'm pretty sure I'm the youngest Master and double Master ever.

So how old are you, o newopen GM? :)

Sonny is 15 I think! Saw that kid shoot at kids camp in 2007! Kid is a good shooter!

I am in fact 15. I was 13 when I made Master and 14 when I made double Master. I don't know if IDPA has that information in the database. I have just never heard of a younger Master. Thank you for the compliment. ;)

Matt McArthur A30243

SSP- SS by Classifier (never shot @ sanctioned match before)

ESP- SS by Classifier (same as SSP)

CDP- SS by bump at MVSA regional 1 week prior to Nats (DOH!!!)

ESR- MM by classifier (what's this round thing?)

SSR- N/A but will shoot classifier soon

• 3 weeks later...

I made 5 Gun Master in 2005, right after the new rules came out. I shoot the classifier a lot, though. I find it to be the perfect training session with a tight budget. I have shot Master with everything I have tried, even my issue SIG 229 DAK. My fastest is a 72 with my 1911 45. Haven't shot a 9mm 1911 in a while but I bet I can break 70 with a good one.

Much more satisfying to me is that I have coached 3 other shooters to Master class, including one of the other 5 Gun Masters and I am working with some guys from a Parachute Infantry Regiment from Fort Richardson, who are getting ready to deploy to Mesopotamia nxt month. I use a lot of the techniques mentioned here and elsewhere by Brian and some of the other shooters. This is a great forum and my eyes get tired reading all the stuff here.

• 3 weeks later...

SSP/MA via classifier - 97.30(14) if I recall correctly.

Evan

A28437

Never shot anything but SSP, just as I've got no desire to branch out of Production. (Need 3 more classifiers there, just starting in USPSA)

Our local bi-weekly match had 45 shooters from 3 states this weekend. Its was like a mini sanctioned match, w/o a prize table. :eek:

5 of us were Masters. My score sucked. 2 user-induced double-feeds and 2 dead non-threats will do that. :rolleyes:

The southeast is definitely top-heavy with Masters compared to the rest of the country. I can recall many matches with 60-100 shooters, and at least 5 masters in SSP alone.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Matt McArthur A30243

SSR SS by classifier....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a new IDPA shooter.

Chuck Brothers

A33169

ESP - SS

CDP - MM

I just knocked 51.1 seconds off of my last Classifier in ESP shot in October 2008. Reading posts on this forum helped greatly.

Edited by Samuel Adams

• 1 month later...
The southeast is definitely top-heavy with Masters compared to the rest of the country. I can recall many matches with 60-100 shooters, and at least 5 masters in SSP alone.

:sight: On guard Evan!!! :roflol: Just got bumped to SSP MA at the Okie State match last month....

Matt McArthur A30243

Now SSP EX by bump @ LA State

SSR SS by classifier

• 4 weeks later...
Alex Stephenson

A26175

SSP - SS

SSR - MM by classifier.

I (unintentionally) shoot classifiers very poorly. It's the only time I ever get nervous while on the clock. It is for that reason I've just about decided if I ever move to a higher classification, it'll be by way of a bump at a major.

• 3 weeks later...

Shot my first IDPA match in about 12 years last month. Fired the classifiers after.

SSP, ESP, CDP, and SSR were all MA. Took twice with the CDP because I had a bunch of malfunctions the first time through. ESP was 72 and change with a Glock 34.