Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Is Your Highest Rank In IDPA?

Duane Thomas

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I've only been shooting IDPA for 6 month and won my first State match in my classification ESP MM at the 2009 WA STATE IDPA Championship. So I got bumped to ESP SS. I hope to classify in CDP and SSP next year.

ESP=SS

Made MM in CDP

SSP - MA classified EX - bump at PA State 2009

ESP - MA classifier

CDP - MA classifier

ESR - MA classifer

SSR - EX classifier - had a few bad primers and missed by a few seconds - will get it next time

Joe

A35854

Well, we had a classifier this weekend and I am now a 5 gun master. Shot a 97.68 in SSR to complete it. Not sure if I will spend the $50 and get a certificate or not.

Joe

A35854

• 4 weeks later...
SSP - MA classified EX - bump at PA State 2009

ESP - MA classifier

CDP - MA classifier

ESR - MA classifer

SSR - EX classifier - had a few bad primers and missed by a few seconds - will get it next time

Joe

A35854

Well, we had a classifier this weekend and I am now a 5 gun master. Shot a 97.68 in SSR to complete it. Not sure if I will spend the $50 and get a certificate or not.

Joe

A35854

I think I would....that is quite the achievement! :cheers:

I don't think I posted mine-

Expert in SSP (match bump), ESP (classifier) and CDP (match bump).

Goal this year is to get to MA in SSP and then play with some wheel guns a little!

Figured I'd update this. ( I don't think I have yet... )

SSP Master- classifier

ESP Expert- classifer

CDP Expert- Match bump

SSR SS- classifier

I'd be curious what order the multi gun Masters made their divisions. That extra 10 secs for ESP compared to SSP seems pretty challenging to me. And I think that there are a lot of folks locally that are in ESP Expert that are working to get bumped by matches.

I don't think I posted mine-

Expert in SSP (match bump), ESP (classifier) and CDP (match bump).

Goal this year is to get to MA in SSP and then play with some wheel guns a little!

Figured I'd update this. ( I don't think I have yet... )

SSP Master- classifier

ESP Expert- classifer

CDP Expert- Match bump

SSR SS- classifier

I'd be curious what order the multi gun Masters made their divisions. That extra 10 secs for ESP compared to SSP seems pretty challenging to me. And I think that there are a lot of folks locally that are in ESP Expert that are working to get bumped by matches.

I made mine in this order ESP, SSP, CDP, ESR, SSR.

Joe

A35854

• 4 weeks later...

My wife and I have been traveling the country for 18 months. I shoot IDPA and USPSA every chance I get. Based on what Ive seen....

There are a bunch of MM,SS, and unclassified, fewer Experts, and even fewer Masters across all divisions. Why are we debating this? Someone must have access to the records at Berryville.

(By the way: I can personally attest that the records in Berryville are not current. I have shot classifiers in 3 different states. My home club in Renton, WA is the only one of the three to forward my classification scores to IDPA National).

Brian Wingert

A27841

SSR-MM

ESP-MM

www.raincityhome.com/RAWH/index.htm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I made "Master" at the Commonwealth Cup a few years ago. I had the best match I ad ever had that day. However, I usually shoot "expert" scores. I seriously doubt I could shoot a "Master" classifier. I plan on shooting the Carolina Cup this year, and I will be competing as a "Master". I have no illusions of placing, much less winning anything. But, shooting against folks that are better than me tend to help me get better though.

Well my local range is not idpa it's idpa style.

This is where I do most of my shooting. I follow all idpa rules except cover garment.

Hey trigger time is trigger time.

I have recently been shooting at another range also. Real idpa.

I have not shot the classifier at a "real event"

my unclassified scores are in the range of the expert scores at these matches.

I hope to shoot the classifier this year.

CDP- EX

ESP- EX

ESR- EX

SSR- MA

Now SSP- MA.

At the gateway classic this past weekend, with a division champion and fastest time of the match

using a taurus PT-92

Edited by kct45acp