Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Is Your Highest Rank In IDPA?

Duane Thomas

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't participated in any IDPA matches this season. Unfortunately the Big Darby Creek Shooting Range was closed down permanently.

Stock Sevice Pistol = Expert

Enhanced Service Pistol = Expert

Custom Defense Pistol = Sharpshooter

Edited by Dwain C. Baer

• 2 weeks later...

Just shot my first classifier and missed EX in SSP by 12 seconds and change after being totaly whipped by my revolver. I managed to barely pull off Marksman is ESR with a few shooter errors and a few gun issues. Only had the gun a little over a week and never shot a revolver in competition other than a J frame in a BUG match last month. I am hooked.

I managed to barely pull off Marksman is ESR with a few shooter errors and a few gun issues. Only had the gun a little over a week and never shot a revolver in competition other than a J frame in a BUG match last month. I am hooked.

Come over to the wheelie dark side, Luke. Feel the power of the cylinder!

Just made SSR Master.

I managed to barely pull off Marksman is ESR with a few shooter errors and a few gun issues. Only had the gun a little over a week and never shot a revolver in competition other than a J frame in a BUG match last month. I am hooked.

Welcome to Revo! :cheers: Hope you enjoy the ride! (and practice those reloads :P )

Of course, my performance in matches doesn't live up to those classifications...

I realize this is unsolicited advice, but it could be because you're telling yourself this. It leaves a powerful negative imprint. On you and on others. As Lanny Bassham says: "Self-Image = Performance". I can heartily recommend his book/CD.

I realize this is unsolicited advice, but it could be because you're telling yourself this. It leaves a powerful negative imprint. On you and on others. As Lanny Bassham says: "Self-Image = Performance". I can heartily recommend his book/CD.

No, I don't think that is the issue for me. I've spent a lot of time practicing the qualifier, but I haven't spent a lot of time practicing movement. I lose a lot of time getting into a position and not being at full extension ready to fire a shot. I just need to practice more and learn how to be more efficient moving into and out of positions.

• 4 weeks later...

Just did my first classifier today, made sharpshooter. Started my first IDPA match this past May. I'm excited, hopefully I can make my first sanctioned match the end of this month. Florida Triple Crown.

• 4 weeks later...

SSP - MA 2010 INdependence match bump

ESP - SS Classifier No bump this year :/ I had 4 FTES at the independence match and finished 3rd in esp SS

CDP - EX 2010 PA State match bump

ESR - UN I got a 625 for christmas and still need to classify

SSR - UN

I have yet to shoot a classifier at the EX. I just dont see any point in practicing the classifier. I will keep plugging along and work at the bumps. My goal is 5 gun expert so I will more than likely have to practice the classifier for ESR...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got bumped to ESP MA from NH State this weekend! Feels good as my classifiers in ESP were just off MA the last couple times.

ESP MA

SSP MA (classifier)

CDP EX (bump)

SSR SS (classifier)

May work on CDP to get 3 Gun Master or SSR for fun in the fall.

Cool to see older posts. Now MA in all those divisions above. I've been able to run MA classifiers on all as well.

So.... I now have a 625 and will work on ESR Master (currently EX). Only see doing this as a classifier... I've never seen enough EX in ESR to get a bump anywhere around here!

• 4 weeks later...

I shot my first classifier (my first IDPA match actually) this morning in SSP with my G22.

I ended up shooting SS, missing Expert by about 7 seconds (if I did my math right). I killed time with penalties on Stage 3 (no misses, just a bunch of -3's).

I had a bunch of fun though and am looking forward to shooting in more matches.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got bumped to ESP MA from NH State this weekend! Feels good as my classifiers in ESP were just off MA the last couple times.

ESP MA

SSP MA (classifier)

CDP EX (bump)

SSR SS (classifier)

May work on CDP to get 3 Gun Master or SSR for fun in the fall.

Cool to see older posts. Now MA in all those divisions above. I've been able to run MA classifiers on all as well.

So.... I now have a 625 and will work on ESR Master (currently EX). Only see doing this as a classifier... I've never seen enough EX in ESR to get a bump anywhere around here!

congrats bro, i watched him nail his master classifier today, Lugnut is now a 5 gun Master!