Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 5 Championship - June 20-22, 2008

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We finished around 5:30, it was a good match. The weather held off for the most part, although the mosquitos were brazen.

Lots of close targets, and lots of movement, which I like. I managed to tank about 3 of the small stages, and started throwing Mikes after lunch, but overall it wasn't too bad.

Also, kudos to squad 209, a bunch of picky Open princesses, for keeping things moving. We had 11 shooters, and pushed the squad ahead of us constantly.

H.

I just got home. I had a great time thanks to the range staff for putting on a great match and thanks to my squad for making it so much fun. I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever win any awards in "B" production. I think I shot pretty good today but I'm still too far down on the list to have a chance and we still have more squads to shoot Sunday. Maybe I'll shoot limited 10 minor. <_<

I shot yesterday and it was a great match. Like the Indiana State match 2 weeks ago, great stages and great staff. Unlike the State match the weather in Michigan was far cooler. Michigan and Indiana are just great places to shoot. Kudos to all!!!!!

I was happy with my shooting for once. I know I can be faster but I also know I need to work on that in practice. I finished with about 6 "D"'s. No misses or no-shoots. My speed has increased and my points are still pretty good so now all I need to do is put on a little more speed and keep my points. Easier said than done but I'll work on it.

I shot terribly, but had a great time and met a lot of folks that I had wanted to meet. All in all it was a really nice match. Carl and the crew did a fantastic job, match ran extremely smooth all day long, food was good, everything was top notch!

I had a great time at the match. I shot pretty so-so, which is par for the course for me. The fact that I zero'd a 32 round long course (Capital City Shuffle) by running past an entire array definitely didn't help my place in the standings. :roflol:

This was also the first major match I worked as RO. I worked with Paul Hernandez on Back 40 with Scott, Mike, & Terry. I thought it was a really well designed stage that was fun to shoot, and offered a lot of options to the shooter. We saw a lot of great shooters come through, and I learned a ton about running a stage efficiently and safely from Paul and the other ROs.

A big thanks to Carl, Roy, Perry, Wayne, Dale and all the other guys that busted their butts to pull it off.

I had a great time at the match. I shot pretty so-so, which is par for the course for me. The fact that I zero'd a 32 round long course (Capital City Shuffle) by running past an entire array definitely didn't help my place in the standings. :roflol:

I did the same damn thing so don't feel bad!

I did the same damn thing so don't feel bad!

Me three. :cheers:

Too much beer...........ha :roflol: For all those worried people out there.........What happens in Michigan stays in Michigan. :surprise::roflol:

Had a great time, Sat night was an absolute blast, what I remember of it. Good times with good friends :D

Congrats to Thomas on 1st master. The match was great, weather was good and lunch was huge. I didn't dare eat all that Chicken then go and try to shoot.

It was good to see everyone. I'll have video of our squad eventually, still recovering from Sat night, so I probably won't get to it until this weekend.

Congrats to all the winners

Congrats to the Carl for putting on an outstanding match.

Flyin

I had a great time shooting. Nothing like shooting with a group of friends on a nice day. Tom, is there really such thing as too much Beer. I think not. See ya guys next time and thanks to all the staff for thier hard work.

Area 5 2008

South Kent Sportsman Club

Limited Travis T.

Limited_10 Robert V.

Open Max M.

Production James T.

Revolver Pat S.

Single Sta Eric S.

Thank you to all of the staff for comming out and helping. Thank you to the shooters for comming and shooting.

Here are the High Overall winners in each division.

Results are posted on the Major Match Results web page.

Carl

Edited by Carl Provan

The names and place for the Division, Class, and Catagory winners will be going to Manny Bragg this week.

I will post a list of winners here.

Thank you to all of the staff that worked very hard to make it all happen. Thank you to the shooters for comming up to Michigan and play in the sand.

Tentitive dates for next year are June 18-21, 2009. Staff will shoot on Thursday and all competitors will shoot Friday-Sunday.