Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

22lr conversions for AR-15

Malak

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else get light hits, click-no bang, when using the JP or CMC trigger.

Sometimes my Ciener will fail to fire, it's like the hammer is not striking the firing pin, and primer with enough force.

(Same problem with my friends CMC trigger equipped AR)

When I switch to a regular factory lower, it runs fine.

IMGP4263.jpg

I had light strikes with a CMC, but the JP seemed to work ok.

That's on a CZ upper, btw.

Edited by jobob

I'll bet a railed gas block flip sight clamped to the top of a 4-rail tube like a Daniel Defense or Larue might be close to the right height without having to buy a separate adaptor -- perhaps the one for an AR-10, as they're slightly higher than the ones for an AR-15:

YHM 9584 YHM-9584.jpg

YHM 9495 YHM-9495.jpg

Midwest Industries for an AR-10 100002984.jpg

Edited by sinister

I got my Nordic last week and wrapped it around my old Clark Custom Sportsman Team Challenge 10/22, shoots sweeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttt! Dang that barrel is accurate, need to change some furniture around to make it more like my match AR but it is going to work out . Saw Jim Clark this weekend running and gunning his Ar at Steel City Tac Rifle Match, what a great weekend. Guess my DPMS dedicated 22 upper may be headed for the classifieds, though I have shot it out to 100 yards and consistently can hit 8" plates, just can't see having two 22 ARs

jc

Benelli2...or other owners,

Can you answer a quick question:

On a different site, I saw some close ups of the receiver area. It looked (could have been an optical illusion due to the angle of the picture) like the pin that holds the mag catch/release into the trigger unit was NOT covered on the sides. I know this pin can fall out easy. Is it covered by the "Reveiver housing" of the nordic unit?

Benelli2...or other owners,

Can you answer a quick question:

On a different site, I saw some close ups of the receiver area. It looked (could have been an optical illusion due to the angle of the picture) like the pin that holds the mag catch/release into the trigger unit was NOT covered on the sides. I know this pin can fall out easy. Is it covered by the "Reveiver housing" of the nordic unit?

Yes...it is covered....completely.

Here are a couple of finished possibilities using some stock and forearm configurations:

press-release.jpg

What barrels are shown here?

A Tactical Soulutions with a compensator or something?

I'm sure there are a bunch of barrels for 10/22s... I just don't know where to start.. :)

Thanks, Dave

Tactical Solutions had their new AR 22LR Upper at the SHOT Show!

I looked pretty nice and think they are starting to ship.

There not on their web sight yet, you might have to give them a call (866)333-9901

John

• 1 month later...
Here is the BEST .22 AR type firearm. This stock is made by Nordic Components and takes the standard 10-22. It feels EXACTLY like an AR and the scope mount rail is EXACTLY the same as a flat top. I know it looks a bit higher, but trust me it is the same! Now you can have it all!! The reliability of a 10-22, cheap magazines that hold 25, 30, 50, and it takes ANY stock and Free float tube that fits an AR. Tim Finaly let me post it! I have shot about 1000 round through it so far and am ABSOLUTELY SOLD!!!! Here art a couple of Pics.

How do you put iron sights on it?

:popcorn1:

Still waiting.......

:popcorn1:

• 7 months later...

akygqf.jpg

ejsflv.jpg

The rear sight is a standard GG&G flip-up for Picatinny rails. The front sight is the GG&G 1323 for AR-10s with a railed gas block, mounted on top of a LaRue 9.0. It was within 1 click of on-target when I got to the range this afternoon -- perfect!

The Yankee Hill folding front sight for rails on top of a Yankee Hill 1/2-inch riser was too tall. To get a 25-yard point-of-aim/point-of-impact I had to turn the front sight down into the housing so far the blade was barely visible and within the flange thickness of bottoming out in the sight housing.

GG&G AR-10 sight:

ArmLiteFUFSCollage.jpg

Edited by sinister

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I found this old thread with the search button. I have been looking at a .22 dedicated upper, Nordic 10/22 thing, or a Walther/Umarex/Colt rifle. Do any of you have updates to the above posts?

I would like to have a setup that closely replicates my 20" iron sighted rifle that I shoot matches with. I first thought that the Walther/U/C was going to be the ticket until I read about the trigger pull and held one at a gun show. It just didn't feel as close to my rifle as I thought it would.

I didn't see anything bad about Model 1 Sales' dedicated uppers while reading through the earlier posts. I would like to hear from some of you that have experience with them.

Thanks, Hurley

From my observations the Nordic is the way to go as I agree completely with you on the disadvantages of the Colt/Walther.

Nothing wrong with a dedicated 22 upper concept but I have no experience with the Model One.

Ruger has a new rifle, SR-22, they just launched. It is closely based on the 10-22 which is what I assume their version of the Nordic but my guess would be that it is going to be a cheaper version of the Nordic.

Nordic has a reputation for quality in all they do. You can not go wrong with any of their equipment.

I bought a Tactical Solutions dedicated .22 upper.

Put it on a Bushmaster lower - and it had trouble 'doubling'.

Tactical Solutions said it is a problem with the Bushmaster hammers.

Put it on a different lower with JP Fire Control system - now I get light hits, failure to detonate.

Have a friend who put one on a Smith & Wesson M&P lower - says it runs like a champ!

It is a very well made piece - I think that you just have to pay attention to the configuration of your lower (trigger / hammer, etc.).

Put it on a different lower with JP Fire Control system - now I get light hits, failure to detonate.

Have a friend who put one on a Smith & Wesson M&P lower - says it runs like a champ!

It is a very well made piece - I think that you just have to pay attention to the configuration of your lower (trigger / hammer, etc.).

My Ciener used to double with a GI hammer spring. Changing to a yellow JP spring solved the doubling and was 100% reliable on ignition too. For those who have ignition problems, lightening the hammer is recommended. I did this too, just in case, but the ignition was 100% before and after, so I can't tell if it helped.

My Ciener used to double with a GI hammer spring. Changing to a yellow JP spring solved the doubling and was 100% reliable on ignition too. For those who have ignition problems, lightening the hammer is recommended. I did this too, just in case, but the ignition was 100% before and after, so I can't tell if it helped.

Swap out your stock hammer or the JP hammer for one of Tac Sol's non notched hammers. Solves most problems with ignition, bolt hangup, or doubling with their kits.