Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

22lr conversions for AR-15

Malak

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the BEST .22 AR type firearm. This stock is made by Nordic Components and takes the standard 10-22. It feels EXACTLY like an AR and the scope mount rail is EXACTLY the same as a flat top. I know it looks a bit higher, but trust me it is the same! Now you can have it all!! The reliability of a 10-22, cheap magazines that hold 25, 30, 50, and it takes ANY stock and Free float tube that fits an AR. Tim Finaly let me post it! I have shot about 1000 round through it so far and am ABSOLUTELY SOLD!!!! Here art a couple of Pics.

How do you put iron sights on it?

We talked to NC the other day about these items and are going to take a good loko at one on Saturday. So, as soon as NC gets these into production, we will have them available.

Once we have them either in stock or in transit to us, the item will be listed in the NC section of our web site: Nordic Components from Cactus Tactical.

Edited by Cactustactical

Just got me ne w27 round BDM mags for the CZ V-22. They look great and very rugged. I'll try to shoot them this weekend.

I just got mine, too! They look pretty good....but.... Look carefully at the rivets holding the 2 halves together. Do you see small cracks in the plastic radiating from the rivets?

I haven't shot them yet. If the cracks don't enlarge, then I suppose they're ok. Sure don't want to drop them, though. Other than those cracks they look well made and sturdy.

That Nordic gizmo looks like the stuff! Dammit...and I was saving up for a 9mm Single Stack. Oh well...it's only money.

CactusTactical...if you are starting a waiting list put me on it please.

That Nordic gizmo looks like the stuff! Dammit...and I was saving up for a 9mm Single Stack. Oh well...it's only money.

We will start a thread on our forum when the stocks are heading our way. Will also send out a group email to those who have expressed interest.

We will start a thread on our forum when the stocks are heading our way. Will also send out a group email to those who have expressed interest.

Sign me up.

We got a good look at the stock today. Real light, well made, it pretty much gives you a AR-15 platform using a 10-22 receiver and barrel.

NC is going to ship around the first of March unless there are unforeseen delays. As soon as they get them out to us, we will have them available, should be around $225.

I am new here......saw the link to this post on AR15.com. I joined based on this awesome new 10/22 item.

I need at least one...haha.

Sorry if I missed this elsewhere, but......

1. Is it machined aluminum alloy or polymere? Either way, I want at lease one.

2. Is the rail height on the receiver unit the same height as a railed handgauard that would be added? Can you use A set of same plane BUIS? YES.....I just re-read the post. It is the same height.

Thanks.......Looks GREAT!

Edited by HK_DUDE

Does it come with the Receiver Extension Tube? Thanks in advance.

Will

Not sure exactly what you are referring to here, but the stock has these main parts, upper and lower and a "connector". The upper fits inside of the lower piece and has an integral rail to mount a scope.

I have flyers for the unit now, NC is also going to send images at some point. We are all kind of scattered for the next few days due to the Show.

Edited by Cactustactical

Will

Not sure exactly what you are referring to here, but the stock has 2 main parts, upper and lower. The upper fits inside of the lower piece and has an integral rail to mount a scope.

I have flyers for the unit now, NC is also going to send images at some point. We are all kind of scattered for the next few days due to the Show.

I was referring to the tube that the butt stock is mounted on.

Thanks.

Will

No, the extension and free float tube are on the buyer. Partly due to the fact that if an extension for an A1-A2 stock were provided it would add about $20.00 and many folks wouldn't want it due to putting on a collapsible stock/Ace/something else.

Funny thing about this, several people I have shown the stock to were absolutely "outraged" that the thing didn't come with a free float tube and stock to start with. Lets see... free float tube minimum $60.00 stock and tube (A2) $ 70.00 That is $130 WORTH OF PARTS TO START WITH BEFORE A BIG OLD BLOCK OF ALUMINUM STARTS TO GET MACHINED. I guess people think that aluminum and machining are free! By the time you have a stock and free float tube it is around $375-400.00 and that is still a lot less than a dedicated .22L.R. upper and the beauty is that IT WORKS!!!

Will

Not sure exactly what you are referring to here, but the stock has 2 main parts, upper and lower. The upper fits inside of the lower piece and has an integral rail to mount a scope.

I was referring to the tube that the butt stock is mounted on.

Thanks.

Will

Got your question now.

There is a bit of confusion here, this new kit is, for lack of a current better term, a receiver cover. The supplied parts will fit around the current 10 / 22 receiver and provide the starting point for your build. The stock that you install is at your discretion. You can use a standard A2 ( as in the pictures above) or something else currently on the market. Same with the forearm, it is up to you.

This kit will give the necessary parts to put a cover around the 10 / 22 receiver. How you finish it is an individual preference.

Here are the components which are included in the receiver kit:

10-22-components.jpg

Here are a couple of finished possibilities using some stock and forearm configurations:

press-release.jpg

Edited by Cactustactical