Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

22lr conversions for AR-15

Malak

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kurt was kind enough to bring his out to the OKC pistol match last weekend. I ran 2 25 or 30 round mags though it before I knew it. It actually does replicate the AR platform very well. And it does run! Of course the $1100 scope setting on it didn't hurt. If you get one stock up on 22 ammo as it goes through it very quickly. Keith

O.K......me again.

The receiver rail height looks to be the same as an AR (as in distance above the stock), but the barrel must sit lower in the receiver shell, so I am guessing that if you put a railed handguard (say midwent industries free float unit) that that top of the handguard rail and the top of the receiver rail would NOT be the same plane. Someone please verify.

Thanks in advance.

You are correct.....it is .426" lower. Had to give up something in the design, due to the geometry on the 10/22 action. To that end, you can still use a 4 rail hand gaurd, as a 4" long spacer will be availible to bring everything in line. This, is also true when someone (like Kurt) will want to put iron sights on the set up. A picatinny sight block is going to also be availible that is .426" higher so that a standard clip on battle sight can be attached as well, to bring everything in the same plane.

As for shooting......You'll never notice that offset, I even put a JP short range tac sight on mine at the 45 degree point and thought it was going to be a hinderance, but never noticed it in practice. (Did I just say practice??? no, I never practice, and I never said that, what excuse would I have for shooting so poorly then???)

Tim

Edited by TRUBL

That makes sense.

I have a Rhineland Arms 10/22 stock and I understand exactly what you mean about the geometry of the stock vs. the 10/22 action. On the RA stock the top of the pistol grip and the bottom of the stock location are almost the exact same plane, I see on this one that the relationship between the grip and the stock are the same as an AR....Bravo. I like my RA stock, but this is more what I am looking for.

My plan was also to use a set of AR BUIS front and rear. If you will be offering the proper height riser to put the fron sight on, then it is not an issue.

What do I do to get one of these? I have done a few product reviews for RA back when they were popular, I would love to test one out a do a little website report:)

Either way I need at least one to start and probably another to follow.

I see you are in Minnesota, I am in Fargo, ND.......darn near next door neighboors.

Thanks for the info and the great product.....

• 2 weeks later...

Are we still on schedule?

Will the first run all be black?

Will the other colors cost more?

I need one......... :surprise:

Does the barrel sit in the dead center of the handguard? One would assume, but in the 2 pictured on page 2 at the bottom, they both look like they sit a little toward the bottom half of the openning at the end of the handguard....optical illusion?

Am I the only one that wants to build a handy short carbine? .........the second one will be a longer barreled tack driver.

Edited by HK_DUDE

Talked to Nordic today and shipments are now scheduled for March 7th. Hey, in the gun industry only a weeks delay is probably a world record.

We went ahead and threw up the web page where you can go and purchase / reserve your kit. The direct link is: Nordic Components Ruger 10/22 receiver kit.

Your card will not be charged until we have the items in house and getting ready to ship. If demand exceeds what we believe the initial supply to be, we will lock down the page.

I'm not a big fan of pre-buys, when there are problems, there can be a lot of disapointment. But, this is far enough along and we have talked to Nordic enough to feel comfortable with moving forward.

Looking to get a dedicated 22lr upper receiver for my AR, cause DAMN 223 has gone up.

Does anyone own one that runs well? or can make a suggestion on one that will?

thanks in advance for the suggestions..

Spikes Tactical is the way to go.

$550 for the basic model. If you want other configurations you can ship your parts to them and they will deduct the cost of their unused parts.

Had some problems with mine for the first few hundred rounds, but I now have 1500 rounds without a single malfunction.

Also, BDM has some very nice ".223 size" 10 and 27 round drop-free mags.

The NC kit looks nice, but for practice I'd rather have something that more closely handles like my competition rifle, even if it costs a few hundred more. YMMV.

Edited by gose

Talked to Nordic today and shipments are now scheduled for March 7th. Hey, in the gun industry only a weeks delay is probably a world record.

We went ahead and threw up the web page where you can go and purchase / reserve your kit. The direct link is: Nordic Components Ruger 10/22 receiver kit.

Your card will not be charged until we have the items in house and getting ready to ship. If demand exceeds what we believe the initial supply to be, we will lock down the page.

I'm not a big fan of pre-buys, when there are problems, there can be a lot of disapointment. But, this is far enough along and we have talked to Nordic enough to feel comfortable with moving forward.

Are they solid in color? or are they two tone? I copied this from your site

"Available in black with green and grey available as a special order. "

Thanks.

Will

Nordic tells us that a partial shipment of our first order is going out today. We will get them next Wednesday or Thursday. So, the earliest group of orderers ( is that a word?) will have theirs go out late next week. The rest of the first batch are apparently a week or so behind in shipping.

We were notifed that a second shipment is about a week behind the first. So, this is not a situation where there is an initial delivery and ntohing else appears for 6 months. Nordic has committed to keep the production going until the initial demand surge is satisfied.

I just tested my Model 1 Sales, 22 LR upper, 20" straight contour barrel,

freefloat handguard. Put 275 rounds thru it without a problem.

Not one FTE, FTF, Federal Bulk Pack 22 LR.

It is really fun to shoot. Model 1 did a great job.

Took about 8 weeks to get.

Edited by Trail3

The first shipment from Nordic arrived today. Orders are going out tonight and tomorrow until that shipment is exhausted. A email is being sent out to those who are receiving their kit in this shipment.

Nordic is supposed to ship a larger batch this coming Monday which should fill all of the pre orders.

The kits look darn good.

Does anyone else get light hits, click-no bang, when using the JP or CMC trigger.

Sometimes my Ciener will fail to fire, it's like the hammer is not striking the firing pin, and primer with enough force.

(Same problem with my friends CMC trigger equipped AR)

When I switch to a regular factory lower, it runs fine.

IMGP4263.jpg

I won one of the Nordic Component 10/22 kits at the High Plains shotgun match this weekend and it is very nice. If you are on the fence about getting one, dont be. It is machined very nice and went together very easy. Should make a very good option to the .22 trainer market.

shane

Edited by TXMXRACER