Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What are you using to keep all your miscellaneous parts

I was really looking for some help here and a bit of motivation. Mine is in the garage, laundry room and bed room spread out on benches, dryers, counters and drawers. Don't have a clue were any of it is. But if I need a part I'm sure that it's somewhere. Usually I give up after a couple of hours and order a new part, couple of hours later find what I was looking for and then end up with more parts in more drawers. :surprise:

I purchased several clear plastic boxes from Harbor Freight. These measure 13" x 10" x 2-1/4" and each has fixed (not adjustable) partitions dividing the interior into 10 compartments (1 large, 3 medium, and 5 small compartments). Each case has a carry handle and they are stackable.

In Case #1 I carry all the tools needed for cleaning and repair. In Case #2 I carry all of the "pre-fitted" replacement parts for my open class gun.

I've had these for a while and they have held up well. Cost was around $8 each.

Bill

Hi all,

I'm slowly growing a collection of parts and tools. I'm wondering if you all have a good way to keep everything together and neat.

Thanks.

Neat. ???

What a crazy concept.

Neat. ???

If that don't beat all.

Neat ???

This interweb thing gets crazier every day.

Neat he says.

Neat.

neat.

dammit

mumble

al

For range bag tools and spare parts I use a zippered case that holds zip-lock type bags almost like a three ring binder, easy to flip thru to find what you need, I think it is from Bass-Pro and used as a lure organizer.

For the gun room I have a Craftsman rolling double decker tool box.

I'd like to get a Gerstner (or however you spell it) tool chest someday for the delicate stuff, but I keep choking on the price.

Shimano clear fishing tackle boxes with the adjustable dividers works perfect. One for each pistol and the rifle & shotgun goodies for 3-Gun. Simple, cheap and convenient. I started using these when traveling for 3-Gun and wanted to bring a cleaning kit without bringing jugs and bottles of everything. So there's one for patches, jags, scrapers, dental picks, etc. that goes with me on the road.

Rich

Yep, I have an inexpensive (as in $5) fishing tackle box for each competition pistol's spare parts. A big enough spot in the bottom of each for spare magazine tubes and large parts, and the trays keep my other parts organized neatly. If I didn't do it this way, I'd be in a world of shizzle.

For small parts I use the compartmented multi drawered bins from Menards. For the larger parts I use the clear plastic Tupperware bins with drawers from Wally World/Target. For BIG parts.......cardboard boxes.

Don't tell anyone but I even use a label maker for the bins. Glock, STI, Springfield, S&W, Taurus, etc.

Keep repeating to self; I am not anal, I am not anal. :wacko:

Edited by Ed K

A number of years ago when my parents closed their Southwest trading post, my wife wanted the case they used for jewelry cleaning and supplies, about 40 slide out drawers about 5 inches wide, 2 high, and 10 deep. She hasn't really decided what to do with it. One day I will have to tell her that it's my spare parts bin.