Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do you do for a living?

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Tool & Die Maker over 35 years. Worked at Boeing, Cessna, Lear Jet, a lot of job shops. I now have my own shop at home and primarily make prototypes of new inventions. Other work is custom machining one or a few of something, production tooling for other companies, parts I sell on Enos, and build my own custom guns to shoot in matches.

I'm an unemployed legal assistant, but my real job seems to be my volunteer job which has a life of its own: I'm the sole county jail librarian here and fully manage all the books and magazines distributed regularly to inmates. I keep about 350 people from going crazy.

You could call it a job. I do.

Edited by SiG Lady

Information security and digital forensics.

Same industry here. I put some time in running Security Operations along other things. Now I focus more on strategy and information sharing. OPSEC about what I do is dead for me since I speak on the topic a fair amount.

I have 14 years of commercial bank operations, 24 years of law firm administration and I am currently doing office administration in a financial investment organization. I work with the least amount of stress I have ever had and some of the greatest people in the world. It is a shame it took me so long to find this job :) Happy - Happy - Happy

I make ice cream.

Er, in a few weeks, I'll get my Bar card, (I have to decide between paying for active, or going inactive), which I'll promptly put away "somewhere" and forget about.

Grew up on a ranch.

Undergrad was biochem, but somehow got diverted from my plans to save the world, into doing what I'm good at.

Figured I'd update this - still make ice cream. http://republicicecream.com We're moving into our new plant now, hopefully will open 1/1/15. I'm "active", but I never really bothered to do anything as an attorney.

• 2 weeks later...

Assistant Park Manager. I am the maintenance supervisor for one of the busiest state parks in Wyoming. It is a 22,000 acre park, 12,000 acres of water and 10,000 acres of land.

I also have my own business where I make custom duck, goose, and turkey calls.