Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do you do for a living?

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Navy Corpsman

Corpsman of Marines

Entropy Remediation Technician (I fix things, buildings, broken stuff, Things out of whack put right!)

Optician

Yoga Teacher

Electrician (Sparky)

Own my own business and also have an online store. All of this largely a consequence of both a singular inability to concentrate and an indefensible compulsion to know how things work!

Someday, if I can purge myself of an unfortunate appreciation of plastic handguns, I hope to be a supplicant for admission to the Single Stack Elitist Snobs! (If the Deity shoots a handgun it's a 1911 A1!)

Single Stack is the ONE TRUE PATH.

I don't do jack$hit! :surprise: I retired in 2005 at 57 years of age from Mountain Bell or US West or Qwest Communications or whatever the name of the company was. 32 years! Got tired of the new style managers running the company through fear and intimidation. Now I shoot, watch the grandkids (3 & 1), ride my scooter, flyfish, work in my shop, read or nap. Life is GOOD! :cheers:

Adios,

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

A&P, IA, Pilot

For the last 12 years I have been the President/Owner of a Turbine Aircraft repair facility (Corp). Specializing in Ag Aircraft.

Started shooting USPSA in January 2007 and have been hooked ever since. Just wish I had found this sport 20 years ago.

Nuclear Engineer....I may not be a solider, but some people think we prevent wars.

I Paid for my USPSA addiction during college by sorting truck loads :surprise: of spent brass from a local range and selling it on gunbroker all while drinking beer with my shooting buddies... barely felt like work :cheers:

Other fun jobs:

lead-footed valet in downtown Chicago

Motorcycle salesman (okay, not really fun)

Paintball referee in high school

Anybody notice the disproportionate amount of technically/mechanically skilled people into shooting?

I work for a internet bill *payment* company and am the resident Geek/translator for Programmers/IT Manager/Trainer.

I was a partner in a small PC company for a while but was offered a "nice job" by one of my customers to manage their IT department and took it. :D

When I win the lottery I am going to start a shop that has Guns on one side and PC's on the other...

That way when the PC is really ticking you off you can just take it to the range and shoot it!....for a small fee of course... LOL!!!

I will make MILLIONS I tell you! :lol:

GrumpyOne> 7 Million amps!!!! Holly COW!!!..... What gauge wire supports these levels of amperage? Why so much amperage? Because it is DC going over long distances?

Generally, a 750,000KCMIL cable will carry about 485 amps, so we put alot of them together to carry the current and make up for the voltage drop (DC current has a voltage drop the further you get from the source). A 750,000KCMIL cable is about the same size as a 1 1/4" PVC pie, and weighs in the neighborhood of 3 1/2 lbs per foot.

• 1 month later...