Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First Open Gun!

trodrig

Here's a pic of my first open gun! STI Trubore with Dawson's enhancement package. I just finished loading up a bunch of rounds to run over the chronograph either tomorrow or Thursday depending on how work goes! I can't want to break this thing in!!

Trodrig

post-10926-1190699212.jpg

Dry fire is a bit different when you're in Open. You don't really need to have the gun to practice. Just repeat to yourself 100 times, "Where is that *&^%$#@! dot!" :devil:

Congratulations on your new blaster and welcome to a whole new experience. You're going to love it. :cheers:

Edited by XD Niner

Thanks everyone! I've only shot a handful of rounds through the gun so far. Trying to work up a major load. This thing is fun to shoot slow fire from a sandbag. I can't wait to actually shoot some drills/stages with it!! I'll have to post some pics of it nice and dirty after a good long shooting session! :)

Trodrig

Trodrig, what matches have you been frequenting in the area??? ;)

ETA - there are several die-hard Open enthusiasts around town :D I can't speak for everyone, but I'd be happy to help out if you need it....

Edited by XRe

Thanks for the offer for help Dave! I'm sure I'll have tons of questions along the way! Already getting lots of good advice from you guys on load development in my other thread! Thanks again for that!

I've been trying to shoot at least 2 or 3 local matches every month. So far I've been shooting L-10 exclusively. I've been mostly going to the ALSPPC IPSC and steel matches along with the Texas steel match at Cedar Ridge. Missed this past weekend though due to Dove hunting! :)

I'm planning on going to the match next weekend but I'm thinking I'll shoot L-10 again. I'm right on the verge of B class and would like to nail that before I switch to open. One more B score should put me over the edge! :) Wish me luck!! :cheers:

Trodrig

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...