Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel Challenge - 2007

outerlimits

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe so too. A few years ago when the challenge was first proposed, I did a little curve-fitting of the winning times. It's a pretty consistent slope, showing the money going about this year.

I've seen Max running some unreal strings-- from talking to him, he believes that at least he, JJ and KC are all in the running to break 80 this year.

I was a little suprised not to see Max and/or KC at the Summer Blast...or the Area 8.

I wonder what they were doing instead??? :)

No clue about during Area 8, but during Summer Blast I believe they were at the STI-American Handgunner World Shootoff in Colorado. Hard to tell, since results are not posted anywhere yet. . .

'Handgunner News/Results?' thread

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Edited-- Oops. Correction: Daniel Horner from AMU was at the STI-American Handgunner. Max & K.C. were not there.

Edited by LChico

Not sure if Dave Sevigny is even going, but he has broke some records while shooting local steel matches in Griffin. Their may be some who can comment with more detail on this. Anyway, He has the potential to break 80

Dave is At the range B)

My predictions are that my teammates will finish 1st and 2nd. BOTH under 80 seconds. They're my favorites to win!

They have been working really hard, and for the last month or so, both have been training for the Steel Challenge - reason why they haven't been attending much of the USPSA matches.

Army Strong!

Unofficial, but pretty good numbers, results:

Max - 79.20

BJ - 79.39

KC - 79.93

Todd - 86.06

Dave - 87.29

What happens to the cash for beating 80 secs? If all 3 did it, do they split it or just Max gets it??

Max - 79.20

BJ - 79.39

KC - 79.93

Todd - 86.06

Dave - 87.29

What happens to the cash for beating 80 secs? If all 3 did it, do they split it or just Max gets it??

_________

I didn't think a military shooter could take the money since they are already paid by the government to shoot. But it's best to check with AMU regulations. I am just going from long held impression about that, I thought that cash would go to a civilian shooter.

It was a tough one this year, I saw M.Voight at one of the stages where he forgot to put a magazine

in the gun?, so he had to pull one on his belt and LOAD!! The Army team was really impressive with

the numbers that they were posting. For some reason, this year didnt have as much competitor as last year?

Max - 79.20

BJ - 79.39

KC - 79.93

Todd - 86.06

Dave - 87.29

Only Max got the bonus money. He had a pretty good payday with the match win, bonus money, and stage wins.

Now that 3 people broke 80 secs, I wonder if there will be bonus money next year. Maybe it'll be "break 79 secs"

Itchy

What a dogfight !! ( not Vick :rolleyes: ) Congratulations to Max for burning it up when it counted. It's gonna be pretty hard to keep BJ from that podium next year. BJ also won optic rimfire.

I had a mediocre morning and didn't start hitting well till after lunch. Ended up 15th oal.

Big kudos to our own AlamoShooter for placing 20th!!! :cheers:

Other notable finishes....

Taran Butler won idpa

Jessie Abbate wins overall lady, and i mean overall.. .22, limited and open.

TJ won limited and overall steelmaster

First timer Saiti finishing 11th

Sorry if i forgot anybody

Do they post the full results on the internet anywhere???

Don't expect to see complete results for a month or so.

What a dogfight !! ( not Vick :rolleyes: ) Congratulations to Max for burning it up when it counted. It's gonna be pretty hard to keep BJ from that podium next year. BJ also won optic rimfire.

I had a mediocre morning and didn't start hitting well till after lunch. Ended up 15th oal.

Big kudos to our own AlamoShooter for placing 20th!!! :cheers:

Other notable finishes....

Taran Butler won idpa

TJ won limited and overall steelmaster

First timer Saiti finishing 11th

Sorry if i forgot anybody

Do they post the full results on the internet anywhere???

Don't expect to see complete results for a month or so.

c'mon james-just scan those hard copies at work and post 'em!!

She is really starting to come on strong. She is putting in the work to get there. She is a great person, I am lucky enough to call her a friend.

Max put down an unreal 2.01 run on Accelerator that probably won him the match (well, as well as those other 190-something shots ;) ), since he'd already had to keep an extra shot or two.

BJ is going to be there and soon if it's my guess. He's got mad steel skillz (btw, the new Tactical Solutons .22 upper he had is the heat..)

Most of the speculation is they'll either drop the big money prize to 76 or 75 or do something else..

Only two stages didn't get new records set this year. I sucked mud and ended up in the 20's again..

We shot with the ladies and it was a lot of fun and a good squad to be on. Kay was ahead going into Accelerator (our last stage as well), but a miss on one string and a hellacious jam on another (the only jam I think she had) put her out. Kay put down some very nice runs on a few stages, and Jessie was also shooting well with a lot more consistentcy than the rest of us.

What a match! Mike and Mike did the usual bang-up job of putting the match on, more pressure, more money, but best of all, more fun!

It came down right down to the wire and Max put a great time on the board, putting even more pressure on KC and I to shoot perfect and it turned out to be too much for both of us. Max is a great guy and champion did some amazing shooting to earn the victory.

Jerry and I have already started making plans for next year and I know Max and KC won't be sitting around, so I expect next year will be an even tighter race for the win.

Edited to fix my exhausted grammar...

Edited by B.J. Norris