Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Show Us Your Motorcycles, official BE motorcycle thread.

ErikW

My 2005 Victory Vegas.....something to ride after shooting, pretty much stock in this pic, but have added black ground pounder pipes and an itty bitty windshield. Never thought I'd buy a yellow bike, but when I saw it int he showroom, I had to have it

post-2749-1175372081.jpg

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STinky, I kinda' hate to say it, but if that idiot hadn't been wearin' a helmet we'd be rid of a blot on the gene pool and maybe someone worthwhile would have been saved with the harvested organs ;-/

I have slipped away from the the law in the past when we were playing the cat and mouse game that was going on with the Highway Patrol and the infamous Sunday Morning Ride in Northern California that I was a regular on back in the seventies. We NEVER blatantly ran off and we never rode out of our envelope because we all knew and practiced the rule of tenths, keep two for yourself!

In reality we never ran from the CHP, they really just couldn't keep up with us on our turf and were our backmarkers (we owned CA Highway 1 north of San Francisco). We were never out of our comfort zone and we were on OUR road, playing OUR game at low traffic times and we were predominately racing folk in the first place. I have no problems with our quasi-legal actions back then.

Seven of us all riding tricked-out Yamaha RD-350's (we were sort of known as the ring-ding gang) were pulled over at 6:30am one Sunday morning in late 77. We were in a close pack while doing a mass balance wheelie across the Golden Gate Bridge on our way to the SMR. The CHP officer said he couldn't give us a ticket for speeding as we were all going under the limit (50 at that time), we were in perfect control so reckless driving wouldn't work, so he decided he was going to have to use Exhibition Of Speed as the appropriate infraction. We had lofted it just before the south tower and he sighted us leaving the bridge just before the Sausalito exit, so we at least got most of the way across on one wheel. I am still proud of that ticket ;-)

The indescretion of youth can be it's own reward and it's own punishment, just depends on how it's handled.

<_< Hmmmm I know there have to be other Harley riders out there....this is my latest baby.

How about an old Harley! This is a picture of my dad on his new 1939 Harley. He bought it new when he was discharged from the Navy. He got out in Virginia and this picture was taken shortly after he got home in Belt, Montana. He said that it was a long, lonely ride.

post-6529-1175144891.jpg

Nice!

Erik, thats what pushin' tires is all about ;-)

Lotsa' folk never push/slide a rear tire (even by accident) anywhere near as much as that front is getting pushed in the video :-0

you ain't ridin', if you're not slidin'

Correct!

Ah, I really miss the old indoor oval short track stuff run right on the concrete!

Almost killed myself a couple times trying some of that in my teens ;-)

Sliding a pair of Dunlop K-70's on smooth concrete ovals with a 250cc two stroke in the mid seventies was a real kick in the head, literally!

You have no idea how much I want to turn a CR450f into an around-town supermoto to play with! Although my wife would kill me... probably with one of my own guns. Or the new 'stang.

my YZ426 was street legal thanks to the good folks in VT and their lax motorcycle laws

the bike was an abolute blast on the street

I finally took some pictures of my new-to-me bike, and dug up some old pictures.

First, some pics of the Kawataxi apart in my garage. After a carb clean, new fork seals, Race-Tech cartridge emulators (with damper rods drilled by a gunsmith!) and stiffer fork springs, I took the picture in the driveway. I took off the lower fairing for an oil change and left it off for ground clearance and general pictures.

The dirt bike with the flames is Mongobike, a 1995 KTM 440EXC that eats KX500s and CR500s for breakfast. It's also the reason why I'll probably never buy a Euro-bike.

The dirt bike in the snow is a 2002 Honda CR250R, probably my favorite bike ever, certainly my favorite dirt bike.

I don't want to get into pictures of bikes I used to have, but I'll post this one because it's my favorite road/track bike, a 1992 Honda CBR600f2. (They called them "goof two" because of their tail stickers.) Here's a shot from an AFM four-hour endurance race. Notice the electrical tape over the Honda logo. (My "no $ponsor$ship, no logo" policy followed me into shooting.) Notice the rusty cast-iron front brake rotors Kosman made for me after I bent the stockers when I hit a dog on Highway 1. I was insane to risk my primary transportation like that, which maybe is why my lap times were slower than thos of my teammates.

New addition: 2000 Aprilia RS250. Italian brand cosmopolitan. Suzuki engine, Brembo brakes, Showa forks, Sachs-Boge shock

Edited to add the 'priller.

post-645-1176692836.jpg

post-645-1176692862.jpg

post-645-1176692876.jpg

post-645-1176692894.jpg

post-645-1176692918.jpg

post-645-1176692938.jpg

post-645-1177391378.jpg

post-645-1177391407.jpg

• 4 months later...

Just added the first new motorcycle to my garage in over 20 years.

2000 Yamaha TZ125 (4JT7) GP racing motorcycle. Add this to the 1963 Triumph TR650 that is my other bike (shown earlier in this thread) and you could say I now have a "Raptor" and a "Tractor" ;)

post-749-1189734653.jpg

It will be getting a full repaint and lots and lots of decals within a few weeks. New pix when it's done.

OK, I had to join in on this :devil:

First four are various sport bikes I've owned... Started in 1997 with the 1992 FZR600 which I rebuilt a few times (I learn lessons the hard way :angry: ) Followed by the TL100R then the RC51....LOVE the V-twins!! Finally the GSXR1000.....was totally disrespectful of this bike and it bit me in the ass (@ 95mph no less). That was the end of my street riding...

Last two were from my venture into dirt. First was a 2004 DRZ400 which was fun for trail riding but then my friend (I'll never forgive him!) introduced me to Hare Scrambles and that brought on the 04 KTM 300 EXC.. LOVED this bike. I would have another one in a heartbeat but that leads to racing (really miss the rush :( ) and racing just kicks the crap out of me and I have a jacked up wrist (from the GSXR1000 thing :angry: )... So now they are all gone.... Think I'm going to move to Sports cars next!! :goof:

post-8969-1189737085.jpg

post-8969-1189737105.jpg

post-8969-1189737122.jpg

post-8969-1189737145.jpg

post-8969-1189737165.jpg

post-8969-1189737304.jpg

Here's my softail custom, it's looking for a new home. I need to make room for a new Ultra

just tell the custom to move over a bit and share the space with the geezer glide. I've already told my wide glide it has share the garage next summer when we get our new ultra. they get over it.

:)

Edited by pas44