Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Show Us Your Motorcycles, official BE motorcycle thread.

ErikW

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm dying to get out of the shop and go for a ride but it was 10 degrees here this morning so I thought I'd just roll the Rune out and let it feel the crisp winter air for a couple minutes. :surprise: What the hell am I doing in a climate like this anyway?

I finally found a wet nitrous kit for my VTX 1800N so hopefully by spring time I'll have that and the Barnett clutch all installed and I can see how fast you can make a big fat cruiser go, next is nitrous on the Rune !!! :cheers:

post-4731-1204342903.jpg

post-4731-1204343053.jpg

Edited by BEDELLCUSTOM

I'm dying to get out of the shop and go for a ride but it was 10 degrees here this morning so I thought I'd just roll the Rune out and let it feel the crisp winter air for a couple minutes. :surprise: What the hell am I doing in a climate like this anyway?

I finally found a wet nitrous kit for my VTX 1800N so hopefully by spring time I'll have that and the Barnett clutch all installed and I can see how fast you can make a big fat cruiser go, next is nitrous on the Rune !!! :cheers:

Wow...I have to admit..if I was alittle smaller and less masculine....I would get one of those....LOLOLOL...Seriously that thing is HUGE( Man if I had a dollar for everytime I heard that).. :cheers:

Tony, you don't want one of those you might hurt yourself :surprise::blink::blink: besides the fact that everytime you lifted your leg to get on it everyone would see your panties!!! LOLOLOLOL !!!!

Those happen to be specially designed shooting crotch enhancers...By Underarmor..very FAST.....Zoom Zoom

First picture is my dads first bike (with me sitting on it) a 1964 Honda 305. I wish he still had it.

Second is my favorite bike ive owned, a 1987 CBR600F Hurricane with one of the SHOEI helmets I custom painted to match.

Third is my current 1999 CR250R, with the mods shes a handful at my ripe old age of 45. Wish I had this bike when I was 20.

oops pictures posted out of order, you guys will know whats what.

post-6767-1204976835.jpg

post-6767-1204976864.jpg

post-6767-1204977029.jpg

Edited by mpeltier

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
I have a couple of others but this one is the most photogenic.

2005 Ural Gearup

100_3926.jpg

That is cool!

I have had at least 7 motorcycles, maybe more. They say there are old riders and bold riders, but not old bold riders. i foloowed that advice about 35 years ago. This is my next to last bike.

post-3253-1228266668_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

post-7514-1229434708_thumb.jpgpost-7514-1229434843_thumb.jpg

I made this one with a 12 hp snow blower engine. I won an award at a Donny Smith bike show with it.

I machined the bar risers at work as well as the SC covers over the torque converter belt. The rear break in mounted in the jackshaft area.

At 55 mph it handles like a dream. Rear tire is of the type you would use for a snow mobile trailer.

Put nitrous on my VTX 1800N this past summer, makes 155 horsepower at the rear wheel. Ran it at the local 1/8 mile dragstrip and best run was 7.13 @ 101mph, not bad for a 830 pound cruiser. Smoked the stock clutch the first day with the nitrous, put in a Barnett clutch and that only lasted 2 weeks, now put in an MTC clutch which seems to do the trick.

post-4731-1229625260_thumb.jpg

Put nitrous on my VTX 1800N this past summer, makes 155 horsepower at the rear wheel. Ran it at the local 1/8 mile dragstrip and best run was 7.13 @ 101mph, not bad for a 830 pound cruiser. Smoked the stock clutch the first day with the nitrous, put in a Barnett clutch and that only lasted 2 weeks, now put in an MTC clutch which seems to do the trick.

Someone needs a Turbo Hayabusa! :devil:

Figured it was time for my post.

Just gave my son the 2007 CBR 600 (with 700 miles on it) for a college graduation present. He completed Marine OCS this summer and graduates in May from KU. Figured it was a nice gift.

Now this 1992 Fatboy....different story. He has to wait till I croak to get it!

BP

post-14385-1229627824_thumb.jpg

post-14385-1229627906_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bigpops

No Hayabusa for me but a friend of mine has a 2007 v-rod with a variable vane turbo on it that makes 175 rear wheel horsepower. I can beat him through first and second gear but then he just walks away from me. Surprisingly he only beats me by a tenth or two in the 1/8 mile, first gear is so tall on that v-rod it doesn't leave the line very well so we're going to a smaller front sprocket.

Hey Dan, what pipes are those? I have 3in hard Kromes on my 1700, they look the same as yours.

Kevin

Edited by blue edge

yes Kevin, those are 3" Hard Kromes. I'm probably going to change the pipes over the winter, a 2 into one stepped header type exhaust is better for performance and I keep blowing out the end cap o-rings and deforming the baffles when I get the occassional nitrous backfire when I'm on the nitrous and the bottle goes empty or when I have air in the line after a bottle change, a purge kit will cure the air in the line problem. I think after a few changes I can get a 160 plus HP out of it. I also talked to EFR racing about their turbo kit for the VTX which will produce upwards of 180 HP but the price is around $7500.00 and I'm not sure I want to spend that much since the nitrous setup only set me back about $1000.00. Once we got the bugs worked out of the nitrous system and put a 200mm Metzler ME880 rear tire on it I found out how scary it is to stand an 830# cruiser straight up in the air and when it came down I thought for sure that I bent something in the front end or blew out the fork seals but I've stood it up several times now and haven't broken anything yet. From a rolling start in first gear at about 20mph if I hit the nitrous I could literally flip the bike over if I'm not careful, then shifting into second it will pull the front end about 1-2 feet off the ground and then into third gear it will lift the front about 6 inches. For you crotch rocket guys that might not sound like a big deal but remember this VTX weighs more than double most crotch rockets.

Edited by BEDELLCUSTOM