Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-21

cpty1

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure ........................ with a big old MAGWELL on your cheating (kickstand propped) gun. :D :D :D

Yea that kick stand propped, Long and Tall Open gun in that tiny hole. I don't have a magwell I have a mag ring.

I am proud of my 100% too ;)

That is true! :D

I noticed when he was trying to put his "Oh Crap Mag" in the back of the shelf just in case it wouldnt allow the gun to fit completely on the shelf without hanging over it, so he didnt even bother.

Its crazy how a 5 inch gun can be almost 12 inches long when fully assembled! ;) But what do I know if it don't say GLOCK on the side of it.

Heck I ran it around 4.6 with a buzzer jumping RO. :blink:

Great job

Acceptable sight picture can be gun body or dot/ frontsight just "on" the 2 yard target

Kudos to you too Bill - but then again...we expected you to have a great run. Glad I could witness both of these exceptionally good runs. :D

I think that RO was trying to steal your power....he might have actually snatched a bit of it come to think of it...

Heck I ran it around 4.6 with a buzzer jumping RO. :blink:

Great job

Acceptable sight picture can be gun body or dot/ frontsight just "on" the 2 yard target

Is that what you shot at Rayners? The results say 5.36 with a mike.....you may want to look into that.

• 5 months later...

Had fun with this one, but grabbed a mag from my belt! Knowing that I was making a boo-boo, I tossed the mag and reloaded from the shelf...68.34% nationaly.

I felt gutsy and reshot it on film, and once again made a grab for my belt, but caught myself...that run ended up 74.51%

Both runs in Production...I was C class :D

I ran it in 4.98 seconds dropping 4 points in Limited. Re-ran it in Limited 10 5.07 seconds dropping 4 points again.

I do love to run Mini-Mart:

Production - 100.00%

Limited ------ 95.59%

Limited 10 -- 93.90%

Cant wait to run it in Revo. some day :lol::ph34r: Who said that?

• 3 weeks later...

Cant wait to run it in Revo. some day :lol::ph34r: Who said that?

Talk is cheap :D Tell me when you want me to bring my extra wheel for you to play with and we'll make it a reality for you.

PS - Congratulations on the other EXCELLENT runs! :) If I ever figure out how to actually run a wheelgun I might try something else :P too

Thanks Steve. Most likely we will run another 4 classifer match in Feb. or March (indoors again). And then sometime soon (hopefully when the weather breaks for the better) we will have a 6 classifier match outside.

Bring your spinner, I'll shoot it. :lol:

Thanks Steve. Most likely we will run another 4 classifer match in Feb. or March (indoors again). And then sometime soon (hopefully when the weather breaks for the better) we will have a 6 classifier match outside.

Bring your spinner, I'll shoot it. :lol:

AWESOME - can't wait to get back to the range. I took a couple of months off to chase deer. Looking forward to the RO class too. I'll bring the wheels to M'burg on the 14th, etc..... :D

• 2 months later...

Shot this one yesterday. 5.24s down 4 points in Limited. If the Ohio Calculator is correct, this one just pushed me to Master in Limited....wasn't expecting that until a little later. :rolleyes: Oh well....good way to start the year off.

Edited by SteveZ

• 1 month later...

Shot up the mini mart this weekend.

Limited HF 8.3081571 Ohio says 70.6311%

Limited 10 HF 8.709175739 Ohio says 74.0403%

I was worried about pulling a Bender

"Had fun with this one, but grabbed a mag from my belt! Knowing that I was making a boo-boo, I tossed the mag and reloaded from the shelf...68.34% nationally.

I felt gutsy and reshot it on film, and once again made a grab for my belt, but caught myself...that run ended up 74.51%"

So I took only 3 mags with me to the table, the one in the gun, my reload, and a O-poop mag further back on the self. No mags on the belt at all when the buzzer went. left to right both times.

I watched my local GM do this right before my 2nd gun (different squad) he had his hands over his head; but he was not standing tall. So I did my second run hunched over abit, so the distance to the pistol was less. you make the call up 3.5% points same equipment, I think it help a little.

I was acting as the "All powerful holder of the clipboard guy" and I noticed you really need to keep your gun up in the reload. Maybe the light just finally came on for me. but the folks that lower their gun down to the mag, were at least a second off the folks that didn't.

If you lower your pistol you just have to raise it back up to shoot, leave it up where you need it. Your off hand has to go all the way from your pistol to the reload mag and back to the pistol. If your pistol is "up" you will get your first shot from reload quicker, and you reload time shouldn't be any slower.

But I'm just a L-10 B/Limited C shooter, but I stayed at a holiday inn express a few years ago. :unsure:

edited for spelling

Edited by North

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I shot this one yesterday and my first run was a 73.3% down 1. I missed a trigger reset :blink: any it cost me a few tenths. I reshot 75.3% it and the time was like 6.36 down 4 I think. This should just be in the A range, but maybe not if I was down more than I thought.

I went for the gun and mag and then set the mag on top of the table. I then grabbed it off the top of the table for the reload. I still have

I'm not sure, but I think this may be thrown out for being over my other classes. 41 62 64 45 or something like that. Will this one be used or will they toss it?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I am shooting this one in about 20 hours, I can't wait. When it is all said and done I will post my results. Thanks for the heads up on the way to shoot it, originally I wanted to go center, left, right but sounds like most are going left to right or right to left. If I have a chance I might see if I can shoot it a few times different ways to see what is best for me.

Joe W.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally have my score, stupid me I forgot to write down my time and points the night I shot the classifier but I have them now. When I shot it I totally screwed things up, messed up when I grabbed the gun from the shelf, little bobble on the reload and had one D and three C hits. If I had another chance I KNOW I could have shot it much better but that withstanding I shot it in 6.90 with 55 points making for a 67.7650% as far as I can tell.

I am currently ranked as B class in Open but I feel I could have and should have shot this with at least an A class time. Oh well, one more B class score to add to the list, I guess I need more practice. lol

Joe W.

• 1 year later...

Shot a 6 stage classifier match Sunday, and ran this one again.

Keen, Chris 11 A Open 57 0 4.82 11.8257

Keen, Chris 32 A Limited 10 58 0 4.81 12.0582

First time through (Open) I ran a 4.82, shot all the other stages, then came back 3 hours later and ran it a 2nd time (L-10) in 4.81.

Looking back at the last time I ran this I did it in 4.81 with a Glock 17. All 3 of 'em are 100's and all 3 should count since they were in 3 different divisions.

Never had a problem with the draw, or reload. And both times I ran it L-R reload L-R.

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

Shot a 6 stage classifier match Sunday, and ran this one again.

Keen, Chris 11 A Open 57 0 4.82 11.8257

Keen, Chris 32 A Limited 10 58 0 4.81 12.0582

First time through (Open) I ran a 4.82, shot all the other stages, then came back 3 hours later and ran it a 2nd time (Limited) in 4.81.

Looking back at the last time I ran this I did it in 4.81 with a Glock 17. All 3 of 'em are 100's and all 3 should count since they were in 3 different divisions.

Never had a problem with the draw, or reload. And both times I ran it L-R reload L-R.

Smokin runs Chris!! :cheers::cheers:

• 2 months later...

Were shooting this one next week and I have been trying to do some practice. Just wondering if anyone has tried some different positions with how you set your gun in the box. I've found that keeping it flush with the edge of the box makes it kind of akward to pick up, but If I set it in at an angle the way my hand holds it, it seems to be more natural to pick it up.

I've tried BE's grab method (grabbing with the shooting finger and thumb) around the front of the trigger guard and the back of the grip, but I only seem to get the correct grip if I also put my support hand under the box and then slide the gun out so my support hand gets on the back side right away.

Just trying to look at some of the little things to make this one go good. :closedeyes:

Finally shot it last night, bad luck of the draw. Was my first stage and I was the first to go, but made the best of it

Production 6.59 seconds 58 points. Should be 8.8 for a hit factor but the calculator said 78%, can that be right?

Shot it again for fun and tried to go as fast as I could. Ended up with a 5.4 but hit a no shoot and had a delta in there as well.

Edited by Lawdawg112