Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-21

cpty1

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just shot this one today at the Alabama State Shoot. Congrats to Matt Mink on another win!!

Thanks! There was some tough competition there.... But that is what I like!

I went for the gold on this one. 4.75sec, 10A, 2C, I'm pretty sure that's another 100%, unless they raised the hhf, yeah right....

I did what I did before, grabbed the mag and the gun, put mag on table facing up, shot 6, reloaded from the tabletop, shot 6. I think both of my C's were on the farthest target.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IPSCDRL, I have your run at about 84.7% nationally.

I've personally had a little "practice" on this classifier recently. I'll explain:

Shot it at the Alabama Section Championship in Limited on March 27.

56 points, 4.82 seconds for a HF 11.6183. Good enough for 2nd on the stage at the match in Limited behind Travis Tomasie (58, 4.73, 12.2622), and it went in at 98.7722% nationally.

It was the classifier selected for a local match this weekend. One problem. It was windy and no one noticed that the no-shoot on the center target blew off before the match started. Yes, I am embarrassed to say that this includes me and two other shooters that just shot it in in AL. The description was stapled to the prop, but it wasn't caught until 3/4 of the match participants had shot the stage. Everyone went ahead and shot it without the no-shoot for match score only, and anyone interested in sending in a classifier re-shot it after the match. . .

During the match, without the center no-shoot and not yet realizing it was missing something, I shot (Limited again) 53 points in 4.90 for a HF of 10.8163. I didn't get a great grip on the gun so the 1st shot was pretty slow. 1.6 something I believe. Reload was in the 1.3 range off the shelf. Hit one D on the far right target (right before the load I think) and a good many C's. The hits on the back right target were all relatively low for some reason. After I found out, I decided I would try one legal run again for the heck of it after the match.

With the no-shoot now in place, I shot 56 points in 4.60 for a HF of 12.1739. 1st shot this time was a 1.43. Reload was again in the 1.3 range. 4 Charlies. 3 on the back right target bracketing the A zone. Interesting how much better my score was WITH another no-shoot in the array. Maybe it was because of the "warmup"? Maybe just luck. Who knows. We had several shooters re-shoot it really wanting to move up in class. I think only one got the score he was looking for. It's really easy to get too tense on this one.

I think I'll just have to agree to disagree with Matthew about this one. All three times, I shot it the same way. Pull gun, L-R, reload off shelf, L-R. I looked REALLY hard at pulling the magazine and putting it on top of the shelf as Matthew and others discussed. It might lower the disaster factor some, but I don't think there is much benefit. My reasoning is this. I believe that the 1st shot is quicker if the weakhand is getting on the gun right as it clears the "counter" level. If it is still taking a magazine and placing it on top of the counter, it can't get on the gun as quick. I feel that any advantage on the reload by placing the mag on top is lost on the 1st shot. Admittedly I have never even shot it this way, but I did several dry runs and thought about it a good bit. It's something to think about, but it may be more of a "trick of the day" rather than THE way to shoot it for everyone.

Bryant

DB

After watching the vids of the Al shoot and the way those guys did it, I just don't know if it is worth the extra time to put the mag on the table . It may be a trick of the day, but one you might have to practice to be workable. For most folks, not the kind of thing you see done on match day and decide you will try it...plenty room there for disaster.

Yur runs were smokin' brother, way to go..regardless of how you shot it..

Last year when I gamed up this classifier I timed myself both ways: drawing the gun only from the shelf, and grabbing the gun/mag. Gun and mag was much faster back then. I am now wondering if it indeed is faster. I've watched the vids over and over of that classifier, and now I'm thinking that the other way may be faster. But it all comes down to what works at that moment. Last year, it was gun and mag. This year after all I've learned, just getting the gun out of the shelf may be the way to do it. The timer tells all.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...