Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-21

cpty1

I just shot this one recently, and really enjoyed it... it's different "drawing" and reloading from a shelf :blink: but it was fun.

I shot it clean in 6.34 seconds with my new Limited gun - HF 9.4637 / 80.4549%

(I know I could have gone a little faster, but then it might not have been clean...!)

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SPEED is what this stage is all about. :) A fast D or *gasp* even a Miss at a high rate of speed can still generate a high hit-factor.

I once shot this stage clean (60 pts.) but took 6 seconds to do it, and it equates to a 82%

On the other hand I once shot it 4 pts down in less than 5 seconds and it came out to a 95%

Get it down even further (time-wise) and you will be pleasantly surprised. :)

Getting a fullsize open gun out of the box can be a little tricky on this one. I tend to hit the top of the counter every time on the draw and last time on the reload. I do like this one though. :rolleyes:

I know what you mean Boz. I shoot Limited, but still stand a foot or two back from what feels natural. Just enough that I have to reach a little forward to retrieve the gun. Give that a try next time.

It's all about the draw and reload on this stage. Then blaze it down. B)

• 1 month later...

Just shot it today in Open. 6.25s clean and that looks to be about 81%. It is definitely all about the draw and reload. I fumbled a little on the reload, probably cost me a half of a second. Shot it left to right, reload, left to right. I noticed, as did my shooting buddy, that most people stand to close to the table. Chris Keen is right on, a foot or two back and reach a little.

• 1 year later...

The angle of the video came out good so I thought I would post this one. Plus it was a pretty decent run under match conditions. 2010 Factory Gun Classic this past weekend in Florida.

Production 52pts 4.5sec

Edited by SmittyFL

• 3 months later...

Negative Ghost Rider. It comes out to about a 88.28%. Mini Mart is all about SPEED, not points. So next time you shoot it try to go faster. DONT MISS. But dropping a few more points will not hurt at all, if you can get your time down to 4.88 or even less. Every tenth of a second less on this classifier makes a big difference.

Example #1: 58 pts / 5.88 sec. = 9.8639 hit factor (88%)

Example #2: 50 pts. / 4.88 sec. = 10.2459 hit factor (91%)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Just shot this one the other week, 4.67 down 4 points. Posted as a 100%. When I was prepping for this stage I only set one mag in the cubby, thinking if I drop that, the classifier will be slow anyway. Right at the last moment I put a second mag in 'just in case', and good thing too. As I pulled my gun out the first mag came with it, but the backup was still safely inside.

• 1 month later...

I shot this one this past Sunday in Limited. 5.13 sec, 59 points, for a HF of 11.5. Comes out to be 97% in Limited. This should take me to Master. This stage really played off my strength: close targets that need to be shot fast.

• 8 months later...

Shot this last weekend in production. Ran it in 5.67 sec. with 60 points. Calculated to be 94%. The thing about this stage was, I received my first match DQ because of an AD on this same stage about a year ago and I was nervous as hell. I was given the "make ready" command and at that moment I was determined to over come the fear of this stage and I experienced something that i have never felt before. Im still trying to figure it out and if I had to describe it, I would describe it as an out of body feeling, with a determined focus but maintaining an absolute calm.

• 11 months later...

Shot this one on Sunday, All Alpha's but 1 Charlie (last shot by 1/4")

Production 7th out of 18

58 Points - 8.15 sec - 7.1166 HF - 63.92%

1st was

56 Points - 5.03 sec - 11.1332 HF - 100%

You blinked and he was done...impressive.

• 1 year later...

Shot this as 1st stage on Saturday....2nd USPSA match ever (1st one was probably 10 years ago)

didn't even realize it was a classifier until someone told me afterwards...felt like I could go faster for sure

Limited:

8.18 seconds - 58 points - 7.0905 HF, 60.297 %( i think)

I've been shooting IDPA for years, finally got a day off to go to our Saturday USPSA match and had so much more fun and shot so much more relaxed....gotta get more serious about it withthis sanction...

• 3 months later...