Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Uspsa Area 2 Championship

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait for the match! stages look great. Wife is flying out to meet me Sat Pm and we are spending a few extra days, flying back east Thursday. Gunna go to the Grand Canyon and Sedona. Any other suggestions?

Can't wait for the match! stages look great. Wife is flying out to meet me Sat Pm and we are spending a few extra days, flying back east Thursday. Gunna go to the Grand Canyon and Sedona. Any other suggestions?

You might want to take a trip down to Nogales while you're out this way if you've never been to Mexico.

PS: A roller coaster????? :huh:

Warning...warning. Danger Phil Robinson... Danger. I get sick on roller coasters. :rolleyes:

I already told Paul that he better supply a barf bag on the roller coaster! Was told I was NOT allowed to throw up on their stage! :-)

Head south to Kartchner Caverns if you want to see some incredible caves. You need to buy your tour tickets in advance though.

Went up to Mesa yesterday to check out the range and found that it's really BIG and roomy. There was a lot of Cowboy action shooting going on, looks like another fun shooting sport but can't imagine getting dressed up in all that gear on a 100 degree day :huh: - ouch!

Lot's of props all over the place, they must put on an awesome monthly match! Looks like 83 on Thursday, 80 on Friday and Saturday. Perfect weather although jeans may be required when sliding down the fire pole so you don't lose any skin :(

If you miss registration you gotta be there before the crack of dawn on Friday. (literally, shooting starts at the crack of dawn)

I have found that a flashlight can come in handy when you are getting your stuff together for the first shift!

As I understand, day temps are expected to hover around 75-80◦F degs. However, should I plan to take warm clothing for the early shoot and evening beer drinking??? :huh:

It's been in the low to mid-50's at night here so prepare for that also.

As I understand, day temps are expected to hover around 75-80◦F degs. However, should I plan to take warm clothing for the early shoot and evening beer drinking??? :huh:

It's been in the low to mid-50's at night here so prepare for that also.

Hey jasmap!!! You shooting the match? :wacko:

Fri

Nov 10 Sunny

79°/51°

Sat

Nov 11 Partly Cloudy

79°/51°

Sun

Nov 12 Partly Cloudy

78°/51°

Just specially ordered up for all you East Coast folks! Welcome to Arizona!

isn't the temp. a few degrees lower at the range? it's always colder, hotter, windy'r at our range. :lol:

lynn

Fri

Nov 10 Sunny

79°/51°

Sat

Nov 11 Partly Cloudy

79°/51°

Sun

Nov 12 Partly Cloudy

78°/51°

Just specially ordered up for all you East Coast folks! Welcome to Arizona!

isn't the temp. a few degrees lower at the range? it's always colder, hotter, windy'r at our range. :lol:

lynn

No, things are very different and much nicer here in Arizona. If it's hot the temp is always cooler, if it's cool the temp is always warmer, and it's always a gentle breeze fluttering the pretty wind flags at the range.