Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tgo Wins Ss Classic / Single Stack Nationals

TGO won the match. Shot in the rain all morning to pull off the win. Excellent acceptance speech. He's truly is TGO. Friday's weather was great and today was the slop all day. Rain until lunch and no rain with a temperature drop and wind after lunch. Another truly great match despite the weather!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just talked to a friend who is on the way home from the SSC/SSN. Top 3 were TGO, Todd, Sevigny. He said that the stages were not too compicated. Most of his squad shot a penatly free match. There was no shoot house. It rained lightly Saturday morning and slowed down the match. His squad got done about 8:30pm. Apparently the forcast was for 1" of rain and 30 kt winds, so they got off light!

No sign of the results at the 1911 Society website or the USPSA site :(

We shot Friday. It was overcast but dry for the first time in 4 years.

Saturday we followed Rob around in a pretty heavy rain for the first 5 stages.

He was shooting a SA .40 cal 1911.... I know because I personally asked him. He said with the factory ammo he's using that it seems to recoil less than with factory .45 ACP.

He was amazing on stage 5 :o It required two shots each on two widely spread paper targets then a mandatory reload followed by 6 poppers. He shot in it under 5 seconds. I have it on video and when he is done shooting all 6 poppers are still in the process of falling.

Obviously he also had 4 alphas.

Congrats to TGO. I wonder what would've happened if Taran Butler had made major. He finished 4th overall and shot minor. He chrono'd and was at a 164.99 PF. A friend of mine in my squad made major at this SS Nat's with a 165.00 PF. I had never heard of that til I saw it with my own eyes. I enjoyed the match and all the stages flowed pretty well considering we shot 12 stages in one day plus chrono.

Edited by jasmap

Well, now I know better.

I had always thought it was kind of funny that, despite all his successes, TGO was the only top gun who shot a Springfield. Now I guess I think it's kind of funny that the other one who does is... the ultimate Glock shooter. :P

I made major with a 165.00 at the '05 L-10 Nats... and I wasn't the only one, either. I thought it was a hoot, since it was hardly a gamed out round; I don't usually shoot L-10 and I had got the load from someone else for whom it chrono'd around 175, I'd just assumed it was safe. :DB)

Are the results posted anywhere yet?

I really think Stage 12 was the true test of the 1911 shooter. They could throw all the rest of them (especially stage 4) out. :D

I really enjoyed this match (my first ever Pistol Nationals). Very Old School with lots of short low round count stages.