Ced 7000

shred

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds Trick! :blink:

CED 7000 Shot Timer

Incredibly small and lightweight timer weighs only 6.4 oz and measures less than 4" x 2" x 3/4". RF model communicates with the CED Big Board and Time Keeper (both sold separately). Includes rechargeable battery and universal charger.

Functions include:

• Memory for 10 strings with an unlimited number of shots
  • Illuminated LCD
  • Par settings
  • Date and time displays
  • Super loud start beep
  • Stopwatch function and spy mode that lets you silently monitor the competition.

I called CED on thursday and the lady told me that we should be able to buy one of these near the end of may. She also told me the price will be $119. I dont like the game boy look of the 8000 so I have always been leary about ordering one. I like not folding design of the new 7000 alot more. They also show some nice accessories like the protective skins and rechargers for the timer. I will be waiting until these are available before buying a new timer for myself.

I've heard of this for a while, but finally found some pics over on Saul's site:

http://www.doublealpha.biz/ced7000/index.htm

Midway says "coming soon"

Yep, I have had them on order since October. They were suppose to come out in March but you know how everything in this industry is. CED did this timer to compete with the other lower cost timers. While he was at it he made the size where it will fit in a shirt pocket. I think it will be a big seller. Downside is the that although the 8000 is a trick timer, with lots of features, it will suffer.

• 3 weeks later...

There's an ad for the CED7000 in the new Front Sight. It has a picture of a shooter with it strapped to his wrist. I hope one of its features is a "passive start"--so you could wear it, and it would start on your first shot. That way you could have a look at your string during a match.

I've wondered why shot timers are so dang big for a while.

We'll see, I guess.

DD

I've had the CED 8000 since shortly after they came out and I love it. But, it is not the most durable design. The lid now is a tiny bit loose and the darn things EAT batteries. I went through maybe two batteries in my CED6000 in the three years I had it and I have gone through about a half dozen in the CED 8000 in less than 2 years.

The CED 8000 is a great training timer.

All that said, I will be seriously looking at the 7000 to use as a match timer.

I just can't figure out why someone can't build a timer that is about the size of a large wrist watch or a standard stop watch. When RO'ing all day that timer sure does seem heavy by the end of the day.

Oh Charles...you listening bud? :)

I see it has a "spy mode" so that should work as a "passive start".

One thing for sure...I will get this one with the RF option and get the remote for the score keeper. That would save soooo much time and so many mistakes.

Want a small, cheap, loud timer:

http://www.gunfighter.com/timers/index-cas.html

I've had one of those for several years, and like it, but it's not without its shortcomings. For one, if it's exposed to strong, direct, hot sunlight for more than about a half hour, the screen will darken, then you'll have to let it cool down. For another, it's got a high-pitched electronic beep. I realized this was a problem when I used it to time an older guy who had done a lot of shooting without hearing protection in his younger days, and had serious high-frequency hearing loss. He couldn't hear the beep.

i just bought a pocket pro.... :( If only I knew this was coming out, I would have waited.

Well, to make you feel better. I bought a PACT Mark IV complete with case and skyscreen bar before the new XP version came out. I haven't played with it yet and still in the box. Will probably sell it after I get this new CED.

I'm not partial to anything with a built-in rechargeable battery. They tend to only take a recharge a fixed # of times and then need to be replaced at a pretty considerable expense. I'll keep my CED 8000 and be happy Alkaline batteries are cheap enough when purchased in quantity at the local Sam's Club. I've got an Ipod mini that needs it's internal battery replaced. Going to cost about half as much as the damn thing costs to buy new just for a battery. Never again...

-Cuz.

There is a full page ad on the 7000 near the back of latest Tactical Journal.

If this thing works like it's supposed to, I'm getting one. They may have just turned the shot timer world upside down.

• 1 month later...

Got my new CED 7000 today in the mail. Man is this thing small. I have not tried it yet as I just got home from work. But I will give some of the features a try this week end at SummerBlast. If you are interested in seeing it, look me up. I am shooting on Sat morning.

Merlin,

I read somewhere that the volume peaks at 112db. It was not in their ad, but I've also heard that it has a volume adjustment. If true, that just rules. And they would seem silly not mentioning it in their specs.

Merlin,

I read somewhere that the volume peaks at 112db. It was not in their ad, but I've also heard that it has a volume adjustment. If true, that just rules. And they would seem silly not mentioning it in their specs.

That should be enough volume that even I can hear it. Thanks for the info. :)

Yep, they are shipping. I had a coupon from a prize table that I mailed in a couple of months ago. Timer arrived today. It looks really neat because it's so compact. Didn't want to play around with it much because I'm selling it. It's the black model. $125 shipped. Contact me if interested. Will also post in classifieds. Later update...timer sold pending funds.

Chris

Edited by cpty1

Yup, it arrived today. It's really small!! But don't the size fool ya, it's loud. The buzzer volume adjustment is pretty cool for dry fire. The only thing that worries me is the battery. The owners manual states that if the battery goes bad, I have to ship it back to CED for replacement. I'm going to use it at a pratice session on Thursday, I'll post a range report after that. But so far, I really like it.

--Kevin J