Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Daylight Savings Time

straightshooter1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah right how about someone come and reset my 15 different clocks, TV's, VCR/DVD's, coffee pot, microwave, thermostat, answering machine and come back in November & do it again.

I only have to change about half of mine back. The VCR hasnt been changed since last Nov.

It's NOT pleasant to lose that hour at a time when I usually need it most (spring here in rainyville is more stressful than fall for some reason). I think it's all bogus anyway. :angry: Sorry, but it gets tougher to deal with every year.

I LOVE daylight savings time. Now I get to:

Spring ski after work.

Run the dog during daylight.

Get to see the sun when I go to work AND when I come back home.

DST Rocks! B)

That's because you haven't spend the last 2 months testing DST patches for PCs, Servers, Router and every other damn thing that has a clock inside it :D

I have no idea of what you guys are talking about? but my only concern is when does this day light saving start so I can start practicing shooting after work!!

The day magically get an hour longer at 2:00 AM Sunday 11 March 2007 with no more hours of daylight. The bureaucracy works in mysterious ways.... <_<

It's NOT pleasant to lose that hour at a time when I usually need it most (spring here in rainyville is more stressful than fall for some reason). I think it's all bogus anyway. :angry: Sorry, but it gets tougher to deal with every year.

SiG Lady is right; IT gets tougher every year.

We need to end the changing of the clocks once and for all.

I am neutral on which time we run on.

FM

I find it incredible that anyone could actually keep a straight face and publicly declare their opposition to DST.... It's ALL to the good..... :)

That extra sunlight turns my lawn brown. I have to water twice as often to keep it green.

I wish the appropriate people would get together, get drunk, and decide where they want the clocks set.....

AND THEN LEAVE IT THE HELL ALONE.

+1,Leave the damn time alone.It really sucks later on when it is still daylight when you go to bed. :angry:

QUOTE(LPatterson @ Mar 3 2007, 11:38 AM)

Yah right how about someone come and reset my 15 different clocks, TV's, VCR/DVD's, coffee pot, microwave, thermostat, answering machine and come back in November & do it again.

I only have to change about half of mine back. The VCR hasnt been changed since last Nov.

If you don't change anything like I do, it's either right on, or only an hour off, no biggie, the VCR has been blinking 12:00 since I bought it ;-)

No, but a funny thing happened on the way to the forum today: I manually set my computer clock ahead an hour last night (just like the gov'ment asked me to!) and woke up to see that the computer gremlins had set it ahead yet another hour all by itself. I guess the Microsoff gremlins had patched the thing after all... I guess. :huh: I think I'll just leave well enough alone when it comes time to set it forward in the fall... I guess.

Whatta silly hassle. :angry:

for me tooo i work 3rd shift and it is a good shift in the summer. see in Arizona you do not want an extra hour of 115 degrees. i could not thingk of having a extra hour to bake here. that is why we leave our clocks alone and everything works just fine.

the plus side i do not have to go set all the applinces.

jb

• 11 months later...