Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Daylight Savings Time

straightshooter1

Sorta surprised to see this topic on "What I Hate" since almost everyone I know loves it.

I go to work in the dark regardless of whether it is DST or EST here in sunny Florida. What is nice is that there are more hours after work to do things outside. I guess it doesn't matter if you go out to bars or movies or even to eat, but outdoor activities are much better when you can, for example, see the ball.

I do visitation on Thursday evenings for our Church and trying to locate a house or address is really hard in the dark, even when you are relatively familiar with the area. Plus, even though I know most of the folks I visit, I don't like to knock on doors or ring the doorbell after dark. Lots of these folks are old, ill, etc. and I want them to be able to see it is someone they know at the door and not some burglar or robber. Sadly the burglars and robbers like the nice weather here just as much as we do.

Working in the yard is much more pleasant when you can see what you are doing, i.e. weed vs. flower.

I noticed someone said they don't like to go to bed when it is still light. Even in the middle of summer, the longest days of the year, it is dark by a few minutes after nine here.

DST-my favorite time of the year.

Bob

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all about daylight after work.

I live right near a school and let me tell you about none of the kids would be walking to school in the dark no matter what time it was.. the parade of SUVs and minivans at 7:00 is non-stop.

DST year-round!

Think about all the states that have a time zone running down though part of their state and what they really think about time changes. Mountain - central could have followed the North & South Dakota, Nebraska borders to Colorado instead of its current cross country confusion.

The western part of Montana does have daylight til 10:00PM

I like it too :)

The extra time in the evening is great. I personally wish it was DST year round.

Heck yea! I'm all for that.

Heck yea, for Heck yea-ing! :D ........................ Heck yea!

I love DST so much we are thinking of eloping together! ;)

We don't change here in AZ. Took me a while to get used to not changing because I grew up changing back and forth and now I don't have too. The pain is always having to figure out what time it is when calling relatives on the west coast and in the midwest.

Neal in AZ

• 10 months later...

Harumph!

So with all this daylight we save during the Summer, how come we can't spend it during the Winter when we could use a little more daylight?

If I had my way the whole planet would go on UTC.

Harumph!

So with all this daylight we save during the Summer, how come we can't spend it during the Winter when we could use a little more daylight?

If I had my way the whole planet would go on UTC.

Dude! Most Excellent!!! :lol:

I think I've just been DST.

Dude....did it hurt? :lol:

I enjoy the extra light at the end of the day that allows me to shoot on some days that I previously couldn't.

And Dale, I wish it were year-round as well.

dj