Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Eemann competition extractor

• ParaGunner changed the title to Eemann competition extractor

It's at least vary similar to Aftec and uses the same springs. I just got one a little while back and just dropped in, did nothing too it and it's working great.

Install tip, Sometimes I'll use a really small Allen key and install the extractor backwards, so hook faces out. Then shove the Allen in there compressing the springs. There is a little ridge in side you need to get that cap over. Once the extractor is like half way in, pull out the Allen rotate the extractor and push it the rest of the way in. 

Hopefully that makes sense. 

16 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

It's at least vary similar to Aftec and uses the same springs. I just got one a little while back and just dropped in, did nothing too it and it's working great.

Install tip, Sometimes I'll use a really small Allen key and install the extractor backwards, so hook faces out. Then shove the Allen in there compressing the springs. There is a little ridge in side you need to get that cap over. Once the extractor is like half way in, pull out the Allen rotate the extractor and push it the rest of the way in. 

Hopefully that makes sense. 

Thanks for the feedback. I should receive mine tomorrow. I couldn't find a aftec, so purchased the Eemann. 

My understanding with the Aftec was that you needed to bevel the edges of the firing pin stop so that it could pivot. But I see claims of the Eemann being drop-in... Question mark!

That Eemann Extractor look exactly like an AFTEC. There is already a boatload of AFTEC Install & Tuning guidance on this forum. That or just reach out to the manufacture and ask for guidance directly.

Aftec's were the ticket back in the day, but still needed tuning.  Hope these work out better for folks. I always had a problem with spending a chunk for something and still had to tune it.  There has been many, many products like that.

I prefer extractor original design from1911 . It is easy to  tune  and there is no problem removing it for cleaning and it lasts a long time.

1 hour ago, BoyGlock said:

The eeman extractor is more expensive by about $40(?) than aftec. So Im gonna use egw HD after my aftec gives up. 

Does it also fit Glocks? 🤣

13 hours ago, troupe said:

Aftec's were the ticket back in the day, but still needed tuning.  Hope these work out better for folks. I always had a problem with spending a chunk for something and still had to tune it.  There has been many, many products like that.

Not many things on a custom 1911/2011 are truly drop-in.  Some stuff may work without tuning or fitting, but none will be optimal.  I've used dozens of AFTEC extractors since they first came on the market, and never had a single one fail.  That's not to say it doesn't happen.  But when it does, it's almost always due to improper fitting.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Sawlsville said:

Following as I have been on the hunt for an AFTEC for a while and am on the fence about pulling the trigger on the Eemann offering... 

Use an EGW HD Extractor. You can find them everywhere and they work great. I have exclusively switched over to using the EGW HD Extractor in all of my guns due to its proven reliability in the fleet of guns I have.

I typically would say EGW HD Extractor are GTG as well but I just broke the claw off mine in a LO gun with 8-10K over the weekend. This is a first and I'm sure a fluke, but worth noting. 

Edited by Maximis228

45 minutes ago, Maximis228 said:

I typically would say EGW HD Extractor are GTG as well but I just broke the claw off mine in a LO gun with 8-10K over the weekend. This is a first and I'm sure a fluke, but worth noting. 

Check the right side leading edge of the Barrel Chamber for mechanical interference with the extractor hook. That is usually the primary reason the extractor hook would snap off completely. 

2 hours ago, CHA-LEE said:

Check the right side leading edge of the Barrel Chamber for mechanical interference with the extractor hook. That is usually the primary reason the extractor hook would snap off completely. 

Yep... Either put some sharpie or some grease on the face of the barrel/chamber facing the front surface of the extractor and see if you have contact...

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2024 at 9:52 AM, CHA-LEE said:

Use an EGW HD Extractor. You can find them everywhere and they work great. I have exclusively switched over to using the EGW HD Extractor in all of my guns due to its proven reliability in the fleet of guns I have.

Thank you for the vote of confidence for the EGW HD extractor. I am at the point of picking an extractor and frame/slide blending my next LO build.  EGW's ordered.  Thanks again.

On 6/10/2024 at 7:52 AM, CHA-LEE said:

I’m pretty happy with the EGW HD extractors.  But like @CHA-LEE said you gotta watch for interference.