Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2023 Holosun Competition Optic. (507 Comp)

Michael303

I'm looking forward to more info on this coming out.  Looks like it's aimed right at the SRO.

Edit to add: The following site states the window dimensions are 1.1" (28 mm) x 0.87" (22 mm) and also has details on the reticle.

Window Size: 1.1 × 0.87 in

I believe that makes it as wide as the Romeo 1 Pro and as tall as the SRO.  That's approaching the size of the Romeo 3 Max but with an RMR footprint.

Edited by Michael303

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll probably pick one of these up when available. 

Probably be a while, seems like with all Holosun products they come out and are hard to get. Then might be a year later they'll be easy to get and you can find them on sale. So I'll rock one of these in 2024 in the new LO division lol.

IIRC the SRO is 25mm (wide) x 26mm (tall) 

The new 507 comp comes in at 28mm x 22mm

So significantly wider… not as tall. 

At the suB-$400 price point… it’s going to take a good deal of competition market share from the SRO. 

As an owner of multiple SRO’s… and dozens of other types of MRDS… I’ll be taking one for a spin. 

Edited by Dirty_J

26 minutes ago, tt350z said:

Love the fact that you have the 2 moa dot, 8, 20, 32 moa ring stacked or separately all on the same optic. No more having to decide between optics with a reticle.

I think the it’s a big whiff on the reticles. 2moa dot is way too small for the majority of USPSA shooting, and the circles are useless to me. The video they are talking about 50 and 100 yards. Not in this game. And 2moa is the size of dot Aimpoint puts in the T2, a rifle optic. I’d like a 5moa dot in green, please!

38 minutes ago, Dirty_J said:

IIRC the SRO is 25mm (wide) x 26mm (tall) 

I have a spreadsheet with the window sizes of quite a few optics and I have the SRO at 22.61 mm X 24.89 mm.  I just went and measured the vertical height of one of my SROs and I'd say that's spot on.  So within 0.6mm if we're nitpicking.  It definitely isn't 26mm.  

17 minutes ago, OPENB said:

I think the it’s a big whiff on the reticles. 2moa dot is way too small for the majority of USPSA shooting, and the circles are useless to me. The video they are talking about 50 and 100 yards. Not in this game. And 2moa is the size of dot Aimpoint puts in the T2, a rifle optic. I’d like a 5moa dot in green, please!

Don’t sleep on the 8moa circle. Their 407CO reticle is one of my favorites. (If it’s anything similar to that) 

Edited by Dirty_J

16 minutes ago, Michael303 said:

I have a spreadsheet with the window sizes of quite a few optics and I have the SRO at 22.61 mm X 24.89 mm.  I just went and measured the vertical height of one of my SROs and I'd say that's spot on.  So within 0.6mm if we're nitpicking.  It definitely isn't 26mm.  

Off the cuff measurement on the front of the window. It is slightly angled now that I think about it… so my measurement would be slightly high. 

This will likely replace my SRO simply because Holosun has made a larger window optic, AND it comes with a green reticle. Trijicon is really missing out on the market by only making their RMR, RMRCC, and SRO in red only. I like my SRO on my CZ Czechmate, but a green reticle optic is what I really wanted.

Edited by RoJo3430

May end up with one at some point, surprised it took them this long to make something geared towards competition.  I do kind of wish they had a 6MOA dot as an option, but the 8MOA circle may be close enough in practice.

18 minutes ago, Johnny_Chimpo said:

Tiny dot + circle = fail

Made in china = fail

I guess I'll keep buying Trijicons

I mean. You knew it was made in China before you even opened the thread. Solid contribution 😉 

63F34B60-CA20-4A8D-BA16-76BC0D7F9D15.jpeg.496b7137bbd36d8be8ea490911f611d3.jpeg